• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Duelist Achievement

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSouthernRiverPhoenix

noob since 10/1/09
Reaction score
Duelist Achievement

Can anyone help me with this, I just suck at doing chain attacks and cant get the achievement.

EDIT: Sorry, but what I ment was, can anyone help me on it as a henchman? it's one of my last 6 Fable 2 achievements

Cain

Reaction score
Re: Duelist Achievement

Found this on another site.

i got this achievement second time playing through and a little experimenting

first, you obviously need the chain attacks skill

after that i suggest you find somewhere nice and secluded, but a pretty good open space as you're character is going to move forward while attacking, and if you try attacking a wall or a tree or something "unbreakable" then it will stop your attack and your efforts are wasted

as for accomplishing it, you start your chain attacking after your first NORMAL attack, i've heard other people saying its done by flourishes, but its not, the entire chain (or at least the easiest way) is to do it by swinging normally.

what you want to do is just as your sword gets as far back as its going to go on the backswing, you hit X again. when timed properly you will see a blue trail behind your sword. then you hit X again just at the end of that backswing, and keep doing that until the achievement unlocks.

be warned, its going to slightly increase in speed with each swing, so there's no countdown or anything

I hope this helps.

Cain

Reaction score

I would say katanas as they meant for fast attacks.

TheSouthernRiverPhoenix

noob since 10/1/09
Reaction score

The White Knight;343676 said:
I would say katanas as they meant for fast attacks.

ok, i've heard people say slow weapons like hammerythyst and some say fast like daichi or master katana

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

I think a hammer would be best, because they are slow, and you can see the blue trail better.

TheSouthernRiverPhoenix

noob since 10/1/09
Reaction score

Daemon300;343693 said:
I think a hammer would be best, because they are slow, and you can see the blue trail better.

ok thanks man...either way i still suck at it :lol:

Mandaly

Hullabaloo
Reaction score

so, you don't have to be in combat? you can just swing the weapon around alone and it unlocks the achievement?

TheSouthernRiverPhoenix

noob since 10/1/09
Reaction score

Mandaly;343727 said:
so, you don't have to be in combat? you can just swing the weapon around alone and it unlocks the achievement?

I'm pretty sure thats all you have to do. I've seen videos of people doing it alone in Wraitharsh and Oakfield...but some of us still cant do it...or atleast me :D

st_jdalley

Pure Luck
Reaction score

I did it at bower lake away from everyone, it was with a master katana which was easier to me than doing it with a hammer

st_jdalley

Pure Luck
Reaction score

I will help you, if you help with the teaser achievement

GunSlingerTeen16

Balvarine Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm stuck on this one, I've gone up to 7 swings with the chain and I haven't gotten the achievement.....so what the hell is up?

L

LunchboxVH

If anyone needs any help with The Duelist achievement then send me a message on XBL and i will be more than willing to help. I'm really good at chain attacks and i've already did this achievement for like 10 others lol

P.S. if anyone has a chicken suit that they can lend\sell me i would appreciate it being that its the last achievement i need :D

Gamertag: LunchboxVH

Piggycow123

Reaction score

I second that thought about katanas. They're very fast and they can get that achievement faster than hammers or anything like that

Status
Not open for further replies.