• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

EA releasing Command & Conquer bundle

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
131008ra3women.jpg
EA are releasing the ultimate Command & Conquer bundle containing 14 Command & Conquer games for the price of a retail title. The bundle will include Beta access to their new free-to-play Command and Conquer game. The bundle will include:
Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer: The Covert Operations
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Command & Conquer Red Alert: Counterstrike
Command & Conquer Red Alert: The Aftermath
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Firestorm
Command & Conquer Red Alert 2
Command & Conquer Red Alert Yuri’s Revenge
Command & Conquer Renegade
Command & Conquer Generals
Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour
Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
Command & Conquer 3 Kane’s Wrath
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising
Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight
• Best of Command & Conquer music compilation
• Exclusive commemorative art (retail only)
• Early access to the next Command & Conquer experience
The collection will be available over the publisher's Steam rival, Origin. All 17 games have all been updated for Windows 7 and Windows Vista and will arrive in October.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Thats pretty bad ass, if only I had windows or whatever, silly mac :(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Thats pretty bad ass, if only I had windows or whatever, silly mac :(

I still own about 5 of those in the pack but even I am tempted, even though some of the newer ones cant hold a candle to the old ones.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
I still own about 5 of those in the pack but even I am tempted, even though some of the newer ones cant hold a candle to the old ones.
I actually liked C&C 3 Tiberium wars.. I played t quite a bit

Who cares, it's EA. I won't get origin even if they point a gun over my head and swear that their good games will be released on Origin.
I swear you hate everything, makes me giggle

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Tib Wars is great. Not really tempted to try Twilight, that one looks bad.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have Origin so could be tempted by these as they will all run on my laptop too which is a bonus.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
Although this is a great bundle, I, too, will not be getting it due to the fact you need Origin. I don't like EA and try to support them as little as possible (Remember, though, once upon a time, they weren't a corporate tyrant that only wanted your money). EA has screwed me over too many times before, from their crap customer service, to their money making gimicks (such as first day DLCs, P2W cash shops, etc.), their overcharged price on EVERYTHING, and much more. I've just had too many issues with them over the years, along with companies that are under them, that they've pushed me towards Valve and their Steam client (Which, since 2003, I have only ever had a SINGLE problem with).

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Origin both sucks and blows.

Just ask Teal'c.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
Origin both sucks and blows.

Just ask Teal'c.

Yes, the Origin client is horrible, as well. EA also rarely has any good "sales" (most of their sales are at a discounted price to where the game SHOULD be worth normally).

I also don't like the fact that they just constantly send EA your computer use statistics without your knowledge. At least Steam ASKS you before it even does this.

Anyway... I'm just very anti-EA; However, I would fully support their old games (if they do not require the Origin client).

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Anyway... I'm just very anti-EA; However, I would fully support their old games (if they do not require the Origin client).

I don't get this, you're very anti-EA but yet say you'll fully support the release of their old games which in turn would be supporting EA. Huh?

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
I don't get this, you're very anti-EA but yet say you'll fully support the release of their old games which in turn would be supporting EA. Huh?

In my post before that, I stated, "I don't like EA and try to support them as little as possible." So yes, I do buy EA games, but ONLY if it's their old games (Like the original Sim Cities, Command & Conquers, etc.), back before EA became the cancer they are now. So buying their old games (which most are free and can be found and downloaded on random sites with a simple google search; No, not illegal pirated stuff) doesn't support them that much. In-fact, a lot of their old games that they do have on sale, are around $9 USD to $15 USD. So by buying these games, it BARELY supports EA (Doesn't even matter, really, since they're going down the drain in bankruptcy and currently looking for a buyer).

I am anti-EA and I dislike them a great deal, but I didn't always dislike them. So perhaps you could say I'm anti-current-EA. As I stated in one of the posts before, they weren't always the way they are now. At one point in time, they made great games and actually listened to their customers.

Just because I'm anti-EA, doesn't mean I'll alienate the games that they have made that were good, which to me are majority of their old stuff. Every EA game since Command and Conquer 4 (I hated this game) and after, to me, has been horrible. I was tempted to buy Battlefield 3, but saw that EA was selling THREE different versions of it? I mean, c'mon... then DLCs you need to pay for that are nearly the same price as a new game... you've got to be kidding me.

Then the tons of Pay 2 Win in-game cash shops they have in a lot of their games (including Battlefield Heroes), which you spend a crap ton of cash on for pixels, AND MOST OF THOSE ITEMS ARE TEMPORARY. So you pay $10 USD for a gun. Well, you get to fire that gun 1,000 times, then guess what? It gets used up. That's why they lost majority of their customers for that game alone. I mean, Valve sells most of their weapons for TF2 for .99 cents and you get to keep them FOREVER... and not only that, is you can randomly FIND these weapons FOR FREE.

I could go on and on about why I dislike EA so much and why I support other companies far more (Like Activision, even though they also release first day DLCs, as well, they at least have never screwed me over before).

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
In my post before that, I stated, "I don't like EA and try to support them as little as possible." So yes, I do buy EA games, but ONLY if it's their old games (Like the original Sim Cities, Command & Conquers, etc.), back before EA became the cancer they are now. So buying their old games (which most are free and can be found and downloaded on random sites with a simple google search; No, not illegal pirated stuff) doesn't support them that much. In-fact, a lot of their old games that they do have on sale, are around $9 USD to $15 USD. So by buying these games, it BARELY supports EA (Doesn't even matter, really, since they're going down the drain in bankruptcy and currently looking for a buyer).

I am anti-EA and I dislike them a great deal, but I didn't always dislike them. So perhaps you could say I'm anti-current-EA. As I stated in one of the posts before, they weren't always the way they are now. At one point in time, they made great games and actually listened to their customers.

Just because I'm anti-EA, doesn't mean I'll alienate the games that they have made that were good, which to me are majority of their old stuff. Every EA game since Command and Conquer 4 (I hated this game) and after, to me, has been horrible. I was tempted to buy Battlefield 3, but saw that EA was selling THREE different versions of it? I mean, c'mon... then DLCs you need to pay for that are nearly the same price as a new game... you've got to be kidding me.

Then the tons of Pay 2 Win in-game cash shops they have in a lot of their games (including Battlefield Heroes), which you spend a crap ton of cash on for pixels, AND MOST OF THOSE ITEMS ARE TEMPORARY. So you pay $10 USD for a gun. Well, you get to fire that gun 1,000 times, then guess what? It gets used up. That's why they lost majority of their customers for that game alone. I mean, Valve sells most of their weapons for TF2 for .99 cents and you get to keep them FOREVER... and not only that, is you can randomly FIND these weapons FOR FREE.

I could go on and on about why I dislike EA so much and why I support other companies far more (Like Activision, even though they also release first day DLCs, as well, they at least have never screwed me over before).
Well.. how much that supports them depends enitrely on how many people are buying those old games and how frequently. Also. Where exactly did you read EA is going bankrupt? I saw only one small site mention it without a source and doesn't look the least bit credible.

You gladly support Activision? They're just as bad as EA if not more with lousy DRM, inflated prices, the practice of forcing IPs into annual releases then terminating them (and sometimes their devs) when sales start to decline, and have recently gotten into the practice of Online Pass schemes. They don't seem to care about the quality of their games nor the innovation of new IPs, but instead just the revenue they rake in. Seriously, Bobby Kotick is the biggest douche the industry has ever had and alone is enough for me to hate the company. You haven't been screwed over by them.. yet, but be patient enough and it'll be be bound to happen.

As for EA and the first day DLC, are we talking about the same 1st-day DLC that's typically free with a new purchase of the game? Because if so, then I don't have much a problem with that, you buy the game new, you get the content free. And considering the devs & publishers get zero money from used game sells, it seems like a fair deal to me. Now 1st-day DLC that's already on the disc that you have to pay for is something I can't tolerate, and is why I tend to hate THQ becasue it's a blatant money grabbing scam.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

EA these days are far better than they used to be, shut down less companies and actually release decent free content for their games. The DLC's for Battlefield drastically change the game and some feel like different ones (Vietnam expansion) and you dont have to buy them all to feel you are getting the full experience. You support Activision who have turned into the EA of old shutting down companies, milking franchises, selling DLC for extortionate prices (map packs for as much as some games) and generally being nothing more than a money hungry corperation. Activision have screwed so many companies who's games I enjoyed and I feel like they screw me over with every CoD thats released now and I was a big CoD fan in the early days.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I wish E.A would've just stuck with sports games that I never play.

*sigh*

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
Well.. how much that supports them depends enitrely on how many people are buying those old games and how frequently. Also. Where exactly did you read EA is going bankrupt? I saw only one small site mention it without a source and doesn't look the least bit credible.

You gladly support Activision? They're just as bad as EA if not more with lousy DRM, inflated prices, the practice of forcing IPs into annual releases then terminating them (and sometimes their devs) when sales start to decline, and have recently gotten into the practice of Online Pass schemes. They don't seem to care about the quality of their games nor the innovation of new IPs, but instead just the revenue they rake in. Seriously, Bobby Kotick is the biggest douche the industry has ever had and alone is enough for me to hate the company. You haven't been screwed over by them.. yet, but be patient enough and it'll be be bound to happen.

As for EA and the first day DLC, are we talking about the same 1st-day DLC that's typically free with a new purchase of the game? Because if so, then I don't have much a problem with that, you buy the game new, you get the content free. And considering the devs & publishers get zero money from used game sells, it seems like a fair deal to me. Now 1st-day DLC that's already on the disc that you have to pay for is something I can't tolerate, and is why I tend to hate THQ becasue it's a blatant money grabbing scam.

I need to make this a bit more clear. I barely support Activision. I hate Call of Duty (Although, I am an avid SC/SC2, D2/D3, WC3 player) and majority of their other games. I was stating that I would still support Activision OVER EA. I didn't mean to make it sound like I go out and buy everything that they make or publish.

On another note, EA AND Activision are both guilty of making 1st-day DLCs, that SHOULD already be part of the game, but yet charge $20 dollars for it. If I really, REALLY wanted the DLC, I'd definitely buy it from Activision. In-fact, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron had exactly this. I bought the first day DLC from them, JUST for the multiplayer pack. Did I enjoy spending that kind-of money for this kind-of crap? No, but it was my fandom of the Transformers that made me purchase the DLC. Even those models were already in the game itself. Also, I pre-ordered the game just to get the Generation 1 skins. That was me doing so, not because I like the company (which is only mediocre to me), but because my love for the Transformers.

With that aside, even though Activision did this, they've yet screwed me over. I'm sure they will sooner or later, as most companies do, but until that time, I'd support them over EA, who has screwed me over quite a bit, EVEN when I liked them as a company.

And as for EA's bankruptcy, I'm only making an assumption, since the last I saw of their stocks, they were on a high decline. I also remember listening in on EA trying to convince stockholders to continue to support them and even the stockholders asking questions on why they should continue supporting their failure.

EA these days are far better than they used to be, shut down less companies and actually release decent free content for their games. The DLC's for Battlefield drastically change the game and some feel like different ones (Vietnam expansion) and you dont have to buy them all to feel you are getting the full experience. You support Activision who have turned into the EA of old shutting down companies, milking franchises, selling DLC for extortionate prices (map packs for as much as some games) and generally being nothing more than a money hungry corperation. Activision have screwed so many companies who's games I enjoyed and I feel like they screw me over with every CoD thats released now and I was a big CoD fan in the early days.

I really don't care about them shutting down companies, because a lot of those developers went on to do better things, or help make better games. I don't play Call of Duty, but I'm sure Activision milked the hell out of that franchise. Most companies would, including EA, Valve, THQ, etc. That's just how companies are running these days.

As for EA of old, you make it sound like they were bad. Now, they started getting horrible after 2003, so if that's the old you're talking about, then sure. I totally agree with you; However, EA in the 90s was fine. They would release a great game, then release a great expansion, and then another and another. That's the old EA I talk about. The old EA that I liked and would support. It wasn't 'till after the 90s that they actually started screwing things up. Sure, in the 90s, they made mistakes here and there, but it really wasn't that bad. Hell, I remember their entire staff went on strike some where between 2004 - 2006, because EA wasn't even treating them well.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
As for EA of old, you make it sound like they were bad. Now, they started getting horrible after 2003, so if that's the old you're talking about, then sure. I totally agree with you; However, EA in the 90s was fine. They would release a great game, then release a great expansion, and then another and another. That's the old EA I talk about. The old EA that I liked and would support. It wasn't 'till after the 90s that they actually started screwing things up. Sure, in the 90s, they made mistakes here and there, but it really wasn't that bad. Hell, I remember their entire staff went on strike some where between 2004 - 2006, because EA wasn't even treating them well.

They shut down Westwood Studios, something that didnt sit kindly with me. Also some of my favourite developers went through turbulent times with EA. Something Activision went to to do with Infinity Ward and other developers and even tried screwing development teams they owned out of money they were entitled to and bonuses and forcing them to annually release games and rush deadlines. These days EA have helped lots of struggling developers and invested money into some really good IP's and lots of companies owned by EA these days have praised their input into their development teams and the investment and freedom of creative control.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
They shut down Westwood Studios, something that didnt sit kindly with me. Also some of my favourite developers went through turbulent times with EA. Something Activision went to to do with Infinity Ward and other developers and even tried screwing development teams they owned out of money they were entitled to and bonuses and forcing them to annually release games and rush deadlines. These days EA have helped lots of struggling developers and invested money into some really good IP's and lots of companies owned by EA these days have praised their input into their development teams and the investment and freedom of creative control.

You also need to remember, EA in the 90s wasn't a huge corporation as they are now. Now, they have the money to do what they want. So if "helping" struggling developers is what they want to do, then they can afford it.

I've read a few interviews with certain developers and companies under EA (And companies under Activision, as well), who have spoken negatively about their parent company (EA or Activision), and have been fired. A lot of people think that EA and Activision are just publishers, but don't realize that in the end, they have the final word, and not the developers. After all, developers' paychecks come from their parent company in the first place.

My biggest thing with EA, though, is how they treat their consumers. I've had an account banned once because I submitted a bug report, explained how it happened, exact steps, and they said I was making it up. Really? I'm trying to help the game. Didn't give an ounce of criticism or anything. They couldn't mirror the bug and ended up banning my account. Then on forums, people were complaining about the same bug, only having their threads closed.

And that's just one of my experiences and I've got quite a few. I just refuse to support companies like this. One of the reasons I stopped buying BioWare games, Codemasters games, and THQ games.

The only thing I find frustrating is that these companies you despise have a certain franchise you enjoy, or at one point in time, actually liked. So you end up purchasing the product. Then it just reminds you of why you hated them so much.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
On another note, EA AND Activision are both guilty of making 1st-day DLCs, that SHOULD already be part of the game, but yet charge $20 dollars for it. If I really, REALLY wanted the DLC, I'd definitely buy it from Activision. In-fact, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron had exactly this. I bought the first day DLC from them, JUST for the multiplayer pack. Did I enjoy spending that kind-of money for this kind-of crap? No, but it was my fandom of the Transformers that made me purchase the DLC. Even those models were already in the game itself. Also, I pre-ordered the game just to get the Generation 1 skins. That was me doing so, not because I like the company (which is only mediocre to me), but because my love for the Transformers.

With that aside, even though Activision did this, they've yet screwed me over. I'm sure they will sooner or later, as most companies do, but until that time, I'd support them over EA, who has screwed me over quite a bit, EVEN when I liked them as a company.

Looks like they already are screwing you... straight through your wallet, you gotta reaaaally love some Transformers to put up with nonsense like that, but at the same time have to look at yourself being part of the problem. Because when consumers continue to tolerate crap like that and keep giving them money, all it says to them is that those inflated prices do indeed work and they can keep on doing it for a guaranteed profit. Sometimes you have to put your foot down and say "enough is enough".
L0ki said:
I really don't care about them shutting down companies, because a lot of those developers went on to do better things, or help make better games. I don't play Call of Duty, but I'm sure Activision milked the hell out of that franchise. Most companies would, including EA, Valve, THQ, etc. That's just how companies are running these days.
I care, considering there were a lot of them being shut down with devs failing to find new jobs or were forced into becoming support devs to aid in the milking of games like COD, denying them the opportunity to ever make anymore original games. Which has effectively killed the middle ground of the industry, with the rest of the middle ground games you see today being mere rip-offs of popular AAA titles.

It's like the only way one can truly find a good number of original IPs these days is through the indie market.

My biggest thing with EA, though, is how they treat their consumers. I've had an account banned once because I submitted a bug report, explained how it happened, exact steps, and they said I was making it up. Really? I'm trying to help the game. Didn't give an ounce of criticism or anything. They couldn't mirror the bug and ended up banning my account. Then on forums, people were complaining about the same bug, only having their threads closed.

And that's just one of my experiences and I've got quite a few. I just refuse to support companies like this. One of the reasons I stopped buying BioWare games, Codemasters games, and THQ games.

Seems more like you were just screwed over by a few incompetent employees than the company itself. Had a similar problem with THQ's customer service, where one of them claimed that because they couldn't reproduce the issue that I was clearly mistaken in my report and that any further reports of said issue would be ignored. Change in community management and things started to finally get fixed around there, point being I feel it's a bit unfair to punish an entire company based on the poor actions of a few dumb employees.