• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Easiest way to make money ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ll RDT ll

Reaction score
Hey

I wanna know whats the easiest way to make money.
I'm on my second hero and I wanna try to save most people at the end without making bad decisions.
So I'd appreciate peoples tips on the easiest way to make money.

Much appreciated
Reece. ^_^

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Real Estate is key. Scrounge up some money in the beginning making pies or playing the lute and start buying up the small shops around. Then, as your fortune accumulates over time, start buying up homes and renting them out. By the time you become King/Queen, you'll have a wealthy real estate gig to fund all your promises and your army and then some.

SweetWater

Reaction score
Assuming you're already the king/queen, which you will have to be, the Sunset House Demon Door will provide with a free 1 million gold. If you haven't been there, it is locked from fast travel and you must go on foot. Quick travel to the MourningWood Fort and exit through the back door (the one opposite of the town) and stick to your right-hand side. After walking for a bit and fighting off waves of hollowmen, you will reach the Sunset House. Upon entering the area you must travel to the left and there will be the Demon Door, whom will accept you into his portal, allowing you to open a chest with the 1 million gold. Do not yet deposit the gold to the treasury.

After this, you may need more money (you're doing the good options, correct? You'll need about 7-8 million or so gold to save everyone, I believe). With the 1 million gold you have gotten from the Demon Door, purchase all of the businesses from each town and (if you want) you may rent out a few houses. Every 5 minutes you will earn the gold from each business you own, and each business gives you a few hundred gold, so you will be making thousands of gold each five minutes. Play for a while and do what you'd normally do for gold (possibly a weapon that gives you gold when you kill enemies or a job?) and after a few hours of game time you'll have a lot of gold.

Also, might I mention that you shouldn't make 100% good decisions during your rule. I made about 3 or 4 bad rulings to earn a lot of treasury money and I still earned 100% good and the people still love me. I would suggest breaking your promise with Aurora and denying everything positive about it, I mean, you can just go back there and do one or two quests for them and they'll like you again. I also turned Bowerstone Lake into a mining facility area, but you don't have to because I believe that if you keep Bower Lake full of water you won't lose any gold, you'll only earn some if you take the bad option.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Hey dude, just letting you know:

For me, I invested in nothing but shops. Why? You do not have to repair shops, and they yield the most amount of income to my knowledge (pub withstanding I think).

Just do it as soon as possible, and try NOT to advance so far in the story. However their are times when you will gain money regardless of the choice you pick (such as the Diamond-Quest in Aurora, or the Stolen Statue in MillFields/Silverpines).

ll RDT ll

Reaction score
Hey Guys
Thanks for the replies

On my first save I practically rushed the whole game and when it came to me becoming king, the only promises I broke was Page's and when it came to finishing the story i realised nearly everywhere was empty and I didn't wanna make the same mistakes.
On this save so far I've been exploring alot and opening every treasure chest and digging everywhere, and I invested in some houses and I am renting them out on a high rate, SweetWater I explored that place before your post thanks for letting me know what the demon door contained.
I've just got to Bowerstone Industrial and I'm not going to progress any more into the story until I have a higher income, and I will try to follow the advice you guys have provided.

Thanks for your help guys.
any of you wanna play together sometime add my gamertag ll RDT ll

Much Love
Reece ^_^

BLOODTHUNDER187

Reaction score
WARNING: This is a Generic Response I have created to answer questions pertaining to money, and gaining it in Fable 3.

Create 2 Accounts on your Xbox. Name and Live Status don't matter whatsoever. Pay them no
thought or mind.
After doing so, Clear your Xbox cache. This can be done by;
*Press the jewel (Center button with the logo on it) on your Xbox
*Go to settings
*Go to System Settings
*Go to the Hard Drive symbol.
This will present you with an option to clear your Xbox cache. Do so. This will negate the update that fixed the Duping glitch. Start a new game on one of your newly created accounts and get to the point where you can access all four sections of your sanctuary. Use the second account to begin the duping process. 50 million will take you just a bit more than 3 hours if you don't dilly-dally about.

For details on the duping process Check youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ6XEoFa6hk <- Link

After you've completed getting all the money you need you can re-download the update, Access you're character that you've been working on, and get the money off the character that has it.

ll RDT ll

Reaction score
Thanks

But I'd rather raise the money in a way that don't involve glitches to enjoy the gameplay.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Thanks

But I'd rather raise the money in a way that don't involve glitches to enjoy the gameplay.

That's wise. It's no fun with gamebreaker glitches in my opinion. I always try to go legit. Makes the effort worth it.

My little bro does the same when he plays---rushes through it and all. I do it sometimes just for kicks, but I rather enjoy going at a moderate pace. Enjoy the side-quests and explore---I found a lot of interesting locations just because of doing that alone!

Have fun!

JesterJoe

Explorer
Reaction score
yeah,
That's wise. It's no fun with gamebreaker glitches in my opinion. I always try to go legit. Makes the effort worth it.

My little bro does the same when he plays---rushes through it and all. I do it sometimes just for kicks, but I rather enjoy going at a moderate pace. Enjoy the side-quests and explore---I found a lot of interesting locations just because of doing that alone!

Have fun!

im thinking about doing it again,but opening all the chests,doing all side-quests,etc........thanks for the advice

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
Yeah, if you're a monarch, the easiest is the sunset demon door. Then become a landlord, buy the shops, etc.. if you don't mind being corrupt max out the prices. As I have an evil character, I also tend to steal a lot and sell what I steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.