• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Effects of your Kingdom and Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Short story: I was taking a brief nap, hoping to get my mind on something other than Fable and lo and behold, I'm dreaming about the damn game.

Basically, I was my hero sitting on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air...okay, maybe I'm a bit out of it. Give me a moment.

Whatever. I'm King, obviously. And as I was sitting on my throne, I've had nobles and peasants left and right demanding for proposals. It was boring--from shopkeeping prices demanding to be lowered to messy divorces. All and all, what a real royal person goes through.

Some guy asks me for a request to go to Silverpines to investigate a cave, but before I can answer, my wife starts howling about how important it is to stay home and let the guards handle it. She then proceeds to demand that I start using the treasury to upgrade the castle because it's falling apart and she wants nice things despite the fact that I'm supposed to use what's left of the treasury to fund some sort of homeless program or something.

And then I woke up, believing it to be a silly dream. Until I realized something.

Wasn't that supposed to be actual content in-game? Going back on my dream, I think my mind was recalling Molyneux's quotes about how to run a kingdom. According to him, you had repercussions on going out on adventures instead of remaining in the castle and your family would try to get you to selfishly use the treasury to make your castle more grand and stuff. I can't believe I just remembered that now.

And no, I'm not pulling anything out of my arse. I do remember him saying if we ran the kingdom like Picard or something, because your subjects might not like you away from the throne for too long. Of course, none of that is even remotely in the game, but we all know how Petey is.

Just an interesting tidbit I'm recalling. Napping is weird.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I never remember my dreams. =|
Oh well, it just sucks there's not more King/Queen stuff to do. >_-''

SeancyB

I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game
Reaction score
Basically, I was my hero sitting on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air...okay, maybe I'm a bit out of it. Give me a moment.
ROFL

Wasn't that supposed to be actual content in-game? Going back on my dream, I think my mind was recalling Molyneux's quotes about how to run a kingdom. According to him, you had repercussions on going out on adventures instead of remaining in the castle and your family would try to get you to selfishly use the treasury to make your castle more grand and stuff. I can't believe I just remembered that now.

And no, I'm not pulling anything out of my arse. I do remember him saying if we ran the kingdom like Picard or something, because your subjects might not like you away from the throne for too long. Of course, none of that is even remotely in the game, but we all know how Petey is.

Just an interesting tidbit I'm recalling. Napping is weird.

No kidding,
Peter Molyneux making promises of stuff to include in Fable games and not delivering
Ablility to keep or ignore promises in Fable 3
Coincidence, I THINK NOT
Reminded me of an interview I saw him in. I found it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kpl4h3FD0c
6:43 - 7:24 made me laugh.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
No kidding,
Peter Molyneux making promises of stuff to include in Fable games and not delivering
Ablility to keep or ignore promises in Fable 3
Coincidence, I THINK NOT
Reminded me of an interview I saw him in. I found it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kpl4h3FD0c
6:43 - 7:24 made me laugh.

ROFL at that. "...it's all about the promises you make to get people to follow you." "We as people we just believe them every time and when they get into power, they just don't deliver on their promises."

Jeez, where have I heard that before, Mr. Molyneux? XD

RawrSaidTheSock

Professional Reaverphile
Reaction score
Fable does do weird things to people :L After playing on my Fable for to long my brother was NICE to me. Which is very, very strange...
I had a Fable dream that I exploded the castle then realised Reaver was inside D:

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
peter has promised a lot of bullshit. And im still curious if he will follow through with a dlc of some sort. We obviously know some things about lionhead though:
1) they clearly rushed with fable 3
2) they obviously ignore this forum site, and the requests that we have, as i have never seen a shield, or a spear, or anything remotely cool like that
3) Fable 3 was obviously about the money. Understone is a waste, and so is every other dlc we have right now. Like seriously, who is going to wear the highlander outfit??????? how about some clothes like reavers! that would be cool

RawrSaidTheSock

Professional Reaverphile
Reaction score
peter has promised a lot of bullshit. And im still curious if he will follow through with a dlc of some sort. We obviously know some things about lionhead though:
1) they clearly rushed with fable 3
2) they obviously ignore this forum site, and the requests that we have, as i have never seen a shield, or a spear, or anything remotely cool like that
3) Fable 3 was obviously about the money. Understone is a waste, and so is every other dlc we have right now. Like seriously, who is going to wear the highlander outfit??????? how about some clothes like reavers! that would be cool

I agree. I dont have internet on my XBox so I cant even buy anything, which sucks. I would love to have another go on Reavers (ooer) Wheel of Misfortune. But no, Im stuck wandering around looking for gnomes -_-

Tiny5th

Reaction score
*raises hand* I wore the highlander outfit sans the hat for the majority of my female playthrough :ermm:

Though I did get it free with my version, I doubt I would have bought it, more likely to have than the Auroran outfit though, that thing's never left my sancuary.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
I actually remember some talk of the effects of leaving your castle unattended for extended periods of time..tho I also remember something being said about magic coming from diffrent rings that you wear and not gauntlets....anyone else? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.