• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Ending Spoiler] My hypothesis on "The Family"

L

Lexi00

[Ending Spoiler] My hypothesis on "The Family"

New to the forum, thought my first post should be something constructive and thought provoking. So, I was thinking about what the note from Rose meant, and this is what I personally think is going on..

Rose is not dead. The wish was for your family to come back to life. The man in the hood is an unknown Hero.. Yours and Roses father. Neither you or Rose knew their parents, which is why he might seem scary to her (I mean.. My Hero at the end of the game looked darn frightening, even as good/pure).

So.. Rose came back is now living with her father, who decides to keep her away from you (Perhaps "Home" is area magical area behind a demon door, one you can't find in game of course) as Rose knows you as her little brother/sister, not a 60 year old aged hero with his/her own family.

The man in the hood said they would meet again, perhaps when Rose is a little older and can handle meeting her much-older brother?

This is all just my idea, its not fool proof, as firstly.. The man in the hood is a king? Possible that your father could of been a king, but I don't think so. Secondly, if the wish returned your father from the dead.. Why not the mother? And grand mother? You can see the big old flaw in my idea right there.

Anyways... There we go. Fable 2 rocks.

I

izumo7

Re: [Ending Spoiler] My hypothesis on "The Family"

that makes sense but i think the guy is scythe because he could look scary because he has cheated death and he is the craziest will user ever so he possibly could have a time travel spell since he "is everywhere watching at all times"(read this somewhere) meaning he went in time and saved your sister from death something much like how theresa saves you from death and he would know you because he is every where following your every move and it could explain why rose doesnt see you because she was raised by the scythe meaning she had to be secrative

kayyeah

Reaction score

izumo7;224993 said:
that makes sense but i think the guy is scythe because he could look scary because he has cheated death and he is the craziest will user ever so he possibly could have a time travel spell since he "is everywhere watching at all times"(read this somewhere) meaning he went in time and saved your sister from death something much like how theresa saves you from death and he would know you because he is every where following your every move and it could explain why rose doesnt see you because she was raised by the scythe meaning she had to be secrative

Or just the fact that he's an amazing will user, he could cheat death and live for longer?
Some people suspect that Scythe is actually William Black.
So who knows really, just have to wait and find out the story.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Scythe is awesome but i doudt he has anything what so ever to do with the fable 2 story though i would have liked it if he was

I

izumo7

if you read the tales of albion carefully it says some where that william black had gotton a golden robe which he wrapped around his body kinda sounds like scythe to me or a crazy coincidense

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score

I heard it was that doucebag Jack of blades :eek:

I

izumo7

no hes to evil and hes dead but maybe he could be but i doubt it

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score

izumo7;225006 said:
no hes to evil and hes dead but maybe he could be but i doubt it
Maybe it is the hero from the first fable >_> idno

I

izumo7

thats not out of pisture they never really said he died and he could have also been a crazy will user its a valid point to think about

L

Lexi00

It.. could be Scythe if the story was to be continued in Fable 3 or DLC for Fable 2, but isn't Rose coming back a choice thing? As you could bring everyone, your family, or no one back. I guess Lionhead did the same thing for Fable 1 (Going with the good ending) then have Scythe be a major character in the next part of the tale.

Hell, it'd be about time Scythe got some screen time.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

i hope they make some dlc with scythe now he was one of the best chars in the original game :D

S

Sanjûrô

NateMio;225004 said:
I heard it was that doucebag Jack of blades :eek:

It very well could be. Maybe taking her to The Void or something like that. Wouldn't be surprised if in either a sequel or DLC that she must be rescued and what not. All speculation of course, but I'm eager to know the truth.

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

izumo7;224993 said:

Scythe is immortal some of you really need to read information from books in fable and fable 2 and even the load screens :D so i doubt it will be him also keep in mind Scythe locked himself away in teh nothern waste for a period of time its possiable he did the same again we havnt had any access to the nothern wastes on this one and no mention (no mention yet for me havnt done all my reading yet :D) not being destroyed wiped or anything

chasep2829

Reaction score

Lexi00;224991 said:
New to the forum, thought my first post should be something constructive and thought provoking. So, I was thinking about what the note from Rose meant, and this is what I personally think is going on..

Rose is not dead. The wish was for your family to come back to life. The man in the hood is an unknown Hero.. Yours and Roses father. Neither you or Rose knew their parents, which is why he might seem scary to her (I mean.. My Hero at the end of the game looked darn frightening, even as good/pure).

So.. Rose came back is now living with her father, who decides to keep her away from you (Perhaps "Home" is area magical area behind a demon door, one you can't find in game of course) as Rose knows you as her little brother/sister, not a 60 year old aged hero with his/her own family.

The man in the hood said they would meet again, perhaps when Rose is a little older and can handle meeting her much-older brother?

This is all just my idea, its not fool proof, as firstly.. The man in the hood is a king? Possible that your father could of been a king, but I don't think so. Secondly, if the wish returned your father from the dead.. Why not the mother? And grand mother? You can see the big old flaw in my idea right there.

Anyways... There we go. Fable 2 rocks.

I think the man was the hero who was the jack slayer because in the game it talks about some immortals still living today.

Twilight

Reaction score

What if your related to jack of blades and your choice to ressurect your family means ressurecting jack.

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

^ have you read the Tales of Albion??? it said Jack 'o' Blades was from another Dimension or stuff and he hates Humans i doubt he would just sit down and have kids.......

BTW he is Dead because Jack Slayer killed him!!! like as in Dead remember TLC??? how Jack's only physical body was destroyed???? with the lava and the mask and the whole whoops i just threw it in the lava???

I think that the idea that it is Rose and Sparrow's Father is pretty good! i mean it's Viable and it would be pretty cool......

D

dvpepsiman

personally i think that the guy who has ur sister is jack of blades, and that they are going to release new content about it, i mean think about it isin't jack of blades scary looking but the way he talks and his mood is somewhat calming so when u made ur wish u could have resurrected jack of blades somehow because he is either a) a member of ur family or b) idk its weird :)

Twilight

Reaction score

Rose would know her father. He and her mother left for Bowerstone Market and in the flashback.

D

dvpepsiman

I have no idea, but what the hell! where is my sister!

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

^ it isn't Jack 'o' Blades because he's DEAD seriously Lionhead says so... he isn't coming back that would just be lame and **** that would mean Fable 1 was about nothing because if you didn't kill Jack 'o' Blades what was the point????