• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Evil Characters Consider This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overan

Reaction score
Evil Characters Consider This

In Fable III you are uniting Albion against a tyrant to take the thrown. If you then decide to be a greater tyrant than Logan will there be a revolution against you? And resourses must be spent to supress there efforts, or will they lack leadership/organization and just be disgruntled citizens and attempt your assassination or something?

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score
Re: Evil Characters Consider This

If they decide to recruit reaver that means protection.

Cain

Reaction score

Overan;410748 said:
In Fable III you are uniting against a tyrant and take the thrown. If you then decide to be a greater tyrant than Logan will there be a revolution against you? And resourses mustnbe spent to supress there efforts, or will they lack a leader and just be disgruntled citizens and attempt your assassination or something?

Who says Logan will be alive? I'm sure you will have the choice to kill him or spare him. If you do spare him I doubt he will lead a revolution. People aren't stupid. They will wait for somebody good to takeover, not just another tyrant who they know is just as bad.

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score

White Knight;410767 said:
Who says Logan will be alive? I'm sure you will have the choice to kill him or spare him. If you do spare him I doubt he will lead a revolution. People aren't stupid. They will wait for somebody good to takeover, not just another tyrant who they know is just as bad.
No he said if after you defeat Logan you become a greater tyrant than him then maybe the towns folk will lead a revolution. Not Logan.

Overan

Reaction score

Okay let me simplify my question. You depose Logan. You take thrown. You ignore promises and are cruel to your citizens. Will the citizenry react to this by trying to get rid of you either through counter-revolution, assassination, or some other means? any ideas?

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score

No. They fear you,they are weak and you are strong. Simple as that.

The Midnight Avenger

He Who Wears White Addidas
Reaction score

TheLine;410858 said:

Fear is what all nations are built on. ;)

Evil Pakman

Reaction score

lol i thought this thread was gnna be " oh dude we should all get together and kill everyone we see man!!!" something like that, idk have a cookie

Shadowtree

Winner of Lil'Miss Zerg 2010
Reaction score

The Midnight Avenger;410869 said:

Machiavelli approves :thumbsup:

The Midnight Avenger

Reaction score

Shadwotree;410872 said:
Machiavelli approves :thumbsup:

Well, unless you're Jesus or a king it would be difficult to climb your way to power without lying or deceit, especially when every other politician is doing the same exact thing. Just think of women in that time period - and even still in today's world - they wouldn't be able to get anywhere in power past being a house wife without manipulative and deceitful expertise. That's the cold hard truth!

While Machiavelli approves, so does the U.S. government unfortunately. :(

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

The Midnight Avenger;410869 said:
Also land.

Shadowtree

Reaction score

The Midnight Avenger;410878 said:
Well, unless you're Jesus or a king it would be difficult to climb your way to power without lying or deceit, especially when every other politician is doing the same exact thing. Just think of women in that time period - and even still in today's world - they wouldn't be able to get anywhere in power past being a house wife without manipulative and deceitful expertise. That's the cold hard truth!

While Machiavelli approves, so does the U.S. government unfortunately. :(

Well, actually even Jesus didnt have the exact kind of power we're talking about here, although lots of his followers hoped he did. Even he didnt climb the political ladder (by modern and old standards) because that would have led to lying/deceit. And as for kings they still needed to make promises too because their warlords could and would overthrow them (which is sorta nearly exactly what we are going to do to Logan). Ever hear of Macbeth? (yes he IS a real historical figure as WELL as a guy in a play..)
yes, it is a sad small world we live in.... but on a happy note now everyone who buys this game gets to be in charge! :devil:

Wow... I hope that wasnt too long-winded...:blush:

The Midnight Avenger

Reaction score

POOP;410880 said:
Also land.

And ice cream with promises of freedom and an end to poverty. We all know these things don't exist in 2010, especially ice cream.. :p

Shadowtree

Reaction score

POOP;410880 said:
Also land.

okay POOP. You win. I couldnt stop myself from loling.

Overan

Reaction score

TheLine;410858 said:

But don't you gather followers because they are tired of living in fear and they want the respect that should be given to them as your subject. The fear of Logan is what causes the Albionic Revolution.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

my subjects will live in terror, nothing will save them, not even cookies and ice cream

Reaction score

Skorm's Boss;410942 said:
my subjects will live in terror, nothing will save them, not even cookies and ice cream

That's the way to do it.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

I have heard somewhere that your own revolution that you started could turn against you when you are a worser tyrant than Logan.

Shadowtree

Reaction score

Skorm's Boss;410942 said:

o_O
I am scared... I think I need a hug...:'(

Reaction score

DarkONI;410956 said:
I have heard somewhere that your own revolution that you started could turn against you when you are a worser tyrant than Logan.

That would be great, nothing better than crushing an unwanted uprising, oh what fun it shall be! :D

Shadwotree;410968 said:
o_O
I am scared... I think I need a hug...:'(

Buy Your self a great, big bar of chocolate, the next best thing to a hug, even better in My opinon. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.