• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 Release date

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thebelgian

Fable 2 Release date

Hey Everybody

I have daily contact with the USA and we talk a lot about Fable 2, and they heard a release date somewhere in may, is this true?

Greetings

Thebelgian

H

Hexadecimal

Re: Fable 2 Release date

No... there's been no word that I know of an exact release date yet, but I doubt it would be so early as to come out in May, since they would have spoken up by now to get the hype going... well, going more anyway...

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

Why would they anounce now? i thought it was gonna come out around the end of teh year...

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Welcome to the Forum Thebelgian :D
Looking for the release date is what brought me to the forum.
There hasn't been any word, official or otherwise, from Lionhead on the release date. I'm hoping a release date time frame will be announced at the GDC.

I think the general consensus is that it will come out somewhere in the fall to the Christmas time frame. It is not at all unlikely that it will come out in 2008. One of the admins here, Dark Drakan, mentioned that Oblivion took 5 years to develop. So it could be even longer than that.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

This is in the wrong section too. :ninja:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Id say the same as Albion Knight, chances are Fable 2 will be released later this year like autumn time or maybe even start of next year... who knows. We just have to wait for official word from Lionhead themselves.

Well spotted Markie, thread moved ;)

V

Vegeta

Looks kinda real after I read all the comments but we will have to wait and see...

H

Hexadecimal

Minky;60380 said:

looks pretty bogus to me...
I really doubt that those working on Fable 2, after trying so hard to keep a tight lid on things, would have people running their mouths to random cashiers...
not to mention the fact that just about anyone can claim to be someone working on Fable 2 to someone they don't know, hell I could try it on someone I'm sure...
also, anyone can make a thread about anything... the source is highly suspect with no evidence...

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Haha - slow day in House of Fraser then? Whether it's true or not remains to be seen, but I'm sure whoever the shop assistant spoke to was a very nice man....or deluded....

T

theclowns

im with Dark Drackin and Albian Knight on this one. i rilly dont think it will be released in may.:ninja:

H

Hexadecimal

theclowns;60513 said:
im with Dark Drackin and Albian Knight on this one. i rilly dont think it will be released in may.:ninja:

... what am I, chopped liver? ... :noexpression:... :lol:

hehe and it's Drakan...:lol: :D

O

Oni_Azif

they said they started workin on Fable 2 shortly after the original was done.
im bettin on the fall if not next spring

oh and not to rip on The clowns but its spelled "ninja" and "shangri-la"
p.s. MCL!

V

Varc

Enough with the rumours and speculation, I wouldn't be suprised if we heard a release date when Molyneux speaks at the GDC, and if that's the case then we only have to wait 2 weeks till our minds are at ease.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Varc;60672 said:
Enough with the rumours and speculation, I wouldn't be suprised if we heard a release date when Molyneux speaks at the GDC, and if that's the case then we only have to wait 2 weeks till our minds are at ease.

That's what I've been hoping not a specific date but something like Fall or Christmas 07

D

dark_hart

well as it is the 25th it has been announced [[on the news section of the site]] the announce date is this year, it may get delayed or probaly just very late into the year

V

Varc

Although I think we'll see the game sometime this year, I'd say the main source of that news is more or less speculation by the X-Box site...

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

dark_hart;61406 said:
well as it is the 25th it has been announced [[on the news section of the site]] the announce date is this year, it may get delayed or probaly just very late into the year
News section of which site?

V

Varc

Albion Knight;61611 said:
News section of which site?

I one you're posting on :p

Check out the home page, and not that of the forum.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Varc;62207 said:
I one you're posting on :p

Check out the home page, and not that of the forum.
I saw that article it references an article Loinhead which references xbox.com which actually has the release date as TBD Xbox.com | Game Catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.