• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 Screwup

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

If you chose to kill Theresa in the end of Fable 1 or Fable TLC, how would she be in Fable 2? Do the people at Lionhead assume that you didn't kill her?

And in Fable 2, lets say you played your game as a girl. In Fable 3, when you're a girl, you have a father. I don't know if the guy has a father or mother.

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
So, if Theresa is dead, how can she be ALIVE in Fable 2 and 3?

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score
I believe that the good choices of Fable I are canonical.

If you don't want to take that a face value, then you did in fact kill Theresa in Fable I. There, she was sent to the void and met the Sandgoose. The Sandgoose offered her a trade: if she takes off all of her clothes, she would be resurrected with eternal life. Of course, Theresa did not want to remove her clothing. Instead, she stabbed the Sandgoose in the throat and drank all of its blood. Since the Sandgoose was a special being, its blood had more stem cells than normal. Also, these stem cells can be used regardless of difference of DNA. With these stem cells, she was resurrected and completely healed. All her scars were removed. Unfortunately, even though her eyes had returned, the Void was too bright and it made her blind again. With the feathers of the Sandgoose, she flew around the Void looking for an opening back to the real world. She found the Singing Sword and stabbed herself with her, warping her back to Albion. She appeared next to a girl claiming that magic is not real. Feeling trollish at the moment, instead of telling the girl to use 5 gold to buy food, she made her buy a music box.

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
hmmm....I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing it up. But, how do you know that?

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score
No...? I played as a female in Fable II, and in Fable III it is my mother.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score
hmmm....I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing it up. But, how do you know that?

Really? That wasnt a serious question was it? I beleive all that was covered in fable 2

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

If you chose to kill Theresa in the end of Fable 1 or Fable TLC, how would she be in Fable 2? Do the people at Lionhead assume that you didn't kill her?

And in Fable 2, lets say you played your game as a girl. In Fable 3, when you're a girl, you have a father. I don't know if the guy has a father or mother.

Lionhead assumes you made all the good decisions though their are flaws in all the games canonical info. Such as Theresa being alive in Fable 2 but a book stating the original hero wielded the sword of aeons to defeat jack of blades, something you had to kill theresa for. However if Lionhead hadn't assumed you had made the good decisions in Fable 1, Im sure fable 2 would've lost some of its luster. Not that it had copious amounts of it in the first place.

And for the parent issue. If you played Fable 2 as a girl it loads to Fable 3 from your hard drive and whether or not you choose a boy or girl in fable 3 it will refer to "your mother" I.e. your fable 2 character. Same goes for if you played as a boy in fable 2, it will be your father that is refered to in fable 3. I know this is late but fug it.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
The save file that is imported from Fable 2 is the last save file you played. For example, if the last Fable 2 save that you played was your Hero 3 save, that's the one that will be imported, not your Hero 1 save. That might explain your problem.

As for the Theresa debate, this should clear it up.