• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 VS. Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Cain

Reaction score
Re: Fable 2 VS. Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Actually it is. RPG stands for Role Playing Game. Fable allows you to be a variety of people. It dosen't have to include leveling or anything TES has, but its still an RPG. I think what your trying to say is that its not a traditional RPG compared to Oblivion and so they can't be compared.

byLifeCamera

Reaction score

Both games are RPG's, Fable is just a very unconventional RPG. Unconventional is what Lionhead is.. and always will be. Which has its pro's and cons. But eventualy lead to pro's one way or another.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Fable 2 is very much a traditional role-playing game, what are you guys smoking?

Acestyler

Reaction score

Man you people are like crazy....... its true that fable 2 has a better storyline but oblivion is a bigger world with many quests and it takes 200 hours to beat , awesome graphics and first person view. you can pick ur own race and and if u would want to be a thief,warrior,mage and the gameplay's is just awesome...... fable 2 is a short game and after u beat it it gets boring nothing to do but just to collect some legendary weapons and tats like all.... oblivion its like impossible to beat in a week its just too fun. don't judge oblivion if u don't have it. i have fable 2 and oblivion and i played them both. and i think oblivion is highly recommended for you.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Oh yes. The fact that we, people on a Fable fan forum, think highly of Fable 2 sure is crazy!

byLifeCamera

Reaction score

Tsuyu;389595 said:
Oh yes. The fact that we, people on a Fable fan forum, think highly of Fable 2 sure is crazy!
if you had actually read the comments, i may have actually thought you'd had a brain at some time.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

That make no sense. How would you even tell if I had read them or not? And if so, how would the actual reading give me a brain? :rolleyes:

Lithary

Reaction score

White Knight;389578 said:
You can finish the main quest without a family. Having a family just includes a mention that lucien....

Killed both your wife and child

And the gameplay is different from TLC.

Lithany you haven't played fable 2 and so your opinion is biased.

True, but I did say that I could be wrong even though I doubt so..Ž
But anyway... this is my conclusion from what I have seen for now...
When Fable 3 comes out for PC and if Fable 2 comes out with him then I'll buy 'em and play 'em...
Even though... no mana spells... I mean... come on -.-

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Mana-schmana.

Dungeons & Dragons never had to use mana! Good enough for DnD, more than sufficient for Fable 3.

Lupus

Reaction score

I prefer fable due to quite a few reasons however both are in my top 10 360 games. The longevity of oblivion is great but in my view the shear amount of side-stories lead to confused characters (if you tried to do everything) and a weak story arc. Something Fable didnt suffer from as the main story was concentrated on more. The menu in Fable would have benefited from alphabetizing. Oblivion could have done with a "better" look. In my opinion TES just looks a bit blocky and plain and the mopvement seems almost clunky and completely unnatural. This may just be me though .

Also the lack of mana in Fable 2 is part of the slow petering out of magic in the world. Fable 3 will apparently only allow you to use magic items to use spells. Basically as the time gets more modern the world gets less magical.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Lupus;389610 said:
Also the lack of mana in Fable 2 is part of the slow petering out of magic in the world. Fable 3 will apparently only allow you to use magic items to use spells. Basically as the time gets more modern the world gets less magical.

Aye, but Heroes are still Heroes. Since Magic comes from within the Hero himself, it doesn't really make any sense. But as I said, a lot of games have managed to pull it off without a mana-based system, so...

Lupus

Reaction score

Yes i see your point but i believe the explanation would be that the bloodline is being "watered down". Personally a lack of mana doesn't bother me at all and i'll reserve judgment on Fable 3's system until i play it =P

Lithary

Reaction score

Tsuyu;389605 said:
Mana-schmana.

Dungeons & Dragons never had to use mana! Good enough for DnD, more than sufficient for Fable 3.

Hmmm...
Well then... DnD sucks! XD
I play DDO though and it has mana system for spells...
But still... just like I said... spells without need for mana are like guns without a need for bullets... it simply doesn't work... I mean.. you can balance it and stuff but that's not simply it... lacks immersion...
And yea... TES has a fatigue bar too... witch is also a huge pro in my opinion...

byLifeCamera

Reaction score

Lupus;389610 said:
I prefer fable due to quite a few reasons however both are in my top 10 360 games. The longevity of oblivion is great but in my view the shear amount of side-stories lead to confused characters (if you tried to do everything) and a weak story arc. Something Fable didnt suffer from as the main story was concentrated on more. The menu in Fable would have benefited from alphabetizing. Oblivion could have done with a "better" look. In my opinion TES just looks a bit blocky and plain and the mopvement seems almost clunky and completely unnatural. This may just be me though .

Magic Items? Can you provide a link for that?

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Considering this section is to discuss FABLE 2 and not OBLIVIOUS then maybe you should of put the thread somewhere else instead of wasting space in the fable 2 section.

My points are:
Fable 2 had a short and rather boring story that should of been able to be made longer by your own decisions instead of having a 1 day storyline.

Oblivions storyline dragged on and got boring rather fast. I mean yes you have more options in oblivion which is way better then what I can say for Fable 2.

Syric

Noodleface
Reaction score

I like both, but I am rather partial to Oblivion because of the sheer amount of things I can do with it. I can do much more by way of mods and messing about in the sandbox architecture of it all. Also great for re-texturing and messing with graphics, which you can make it look awesome! As for the question of effects and playability; what with a super rig I built, I can't say I have experienced any lag in either game so that is a moot point.

byLifeCamera

Reaction score

Vero Caerso;389747 said:
Considering this section is to discuss FABLE 2 and not OBLIVIOUS then maybe you should of put the thread somewhere else instead of wasting space in the fable 2 section.

My points are:
Fable 2 had a short and rather boring story that should of been able to be made longer by your own decisions instead of having a 1 day storyline.

Oblivions storyline dragged on and got boring rather fast. I mean yes you have more options in oblivion which is way better then what I can say for Fable 2.

Considering that this discusses the pro's and con's of Fable II, i think it's appropriate to keep this thread inside the Fable 2 discussion forum.

Considering that you provided nothing but grammical error's to this conversation, i think it's appropriate that you stop participating in this thread.:D

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

I'd think it'd be appropriate for you not to tell other users what they can and can't do.

byLifeCamera

Reaction score

I hope thats regarding Caerso, because he is the instigator of that comment. As such, he is also the first to suggest i move this thread to somewhere else. Would you like to be the second?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

You're totally missing my point; it is not your place to order other members around. Especially when they're not breaking any of the forum rules.