• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 co-op to bring full characters, dogs, weapons into friends' games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Fable 3 co-op to bring full characters, dogs, weapons into friends' games

by Ben Gilbert { Feb 16th 2010 at 2:58PM }

If there's one thing we could've used in Fable 2, it was a more fleshed-out co-op system. Sure, we could see our friends' orbs floating about Albion and we could even invite them to play as a one-off character in our world, but it was one unable to collect experience or have any lasting impact on our game. As you might image, Lionhead's head lion Peter Molyneux is ready to deliver just that in Fable 3. Molyneux told the 4Guys 1UP podcast: "I heard you all about co-op. You want to have your own hero come into the world. Okay, fine, you can have that definitely."

Detailing the system further, he admitted that the player's dog and weapons will also be available in co-op. "When you come into my world, you come in as your hero, with your dog, with all your unique weapons, self-crafted weapons. I heard you -- you don't wanna be tied to my camera, you wanna go off and do your own thing in my world. Fine, fair enough."

That said, he warned about "consequences" from bringing in said friends to your own version of Albion. "It means careful who you invite in, 'cause they can screw the whole thing up, man!" And then, when the possibility of using the new "touch" functionality came up, things took a turn for the weird. "Yes you can use touch with your co-op partner. Yes you can walk down the street hand-in-hand. Yes you can drag your co-op partner to your dungeon and see what happens. Absolutely." Keep in mind, folks -- what happens in the dungeon stays in the dungeon. Rawr!
Source.

Looks like another good move by Molyneux to me.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable 3 co-op to bring full characters, dogs, weapons into friends' games

Awesome sauce ! :p +rep Good to see they have worked out the co-op system but I hope this isn't all just hype and it turns out ****e

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i'm excited for this. i guess my email along with the countless others got the message across that we want to use our own heroes in other peoples games.

+rep to pm if he was here.

+rep to shirosaki in any case :lol:

Marltone

Reaction score

So... next important question.

Can you kill your co-op partner? Can you lock them in a dungeon/set up your own anti-quest type of deal for them? Basically, can they or you become the antagonist of your own personal side stories? If you kill the visitor will they get booted out of the world or just take a scar and get back up?

I love the idea of joining another world and screwing around, but its important to me that you be able to remind them who's the king and who's the visitor.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Marltone;364003 said:
So... next important question.

Can you kill your co-op partner? Can you lock them in a dungeon/set up your own anti-quest type of deal for them? Basically, can they or you become the antagonist of your own personal side stories? If you kill the visitor will they get booted out of the world or just take a scar and get back up?

I love the idea of joining another world and screwing around, but its important to me that you be able to remind them who's the king and who's the visitor.
Good idea, exactly the reason why I think there will be a pimp cane and outfit in Fable III.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Can you have kids with your co-op partner?

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

It's taking every ounce of my being not to post "THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN FABLE 2!!!!!!11"

But I think I can contain myself a little longer.

:ninja:

Marltone

Reaction score

Daemon300;364009 said:
Can you have kids with your co-op partner?

From what I gathered, yes, although now that I think about it I can't remember if that was literally stated or not.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

projectego;364010 said:
It's taking every ounce of my being not to post "THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN FABLE 2!!!!!!11"

But I think I can contain myself a little longer.

:ninja:
Well PM did take our criticisms into consideration, that's something at least. Fable IV and V are rumoured to be on the books between you and me, and can I just say; it'd be beautiful if Fable V turned into a demi(or semi)-MMORPG just to round things off.

Screw money making, blow the whole budget on servers and spend 10 cold hard years scrapping things together in a grotto-workshop in the unforgiving mountains of Germany somewhere.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

i knew a bout this already

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score

Hmm he's taken everything we wanted in fable 2 and putting it in fable 3, it's like he's reading all our posts >.> freaky

Marltone

Reaction score

Hopefully the co-op mode will include the ability to have actual battles between heroes... a multiplayer arena of sorts?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I've heard about some of this stuff already. However, there isn't anything in this new update that I don't like. My favorite thing about that is that you can actually have an impact on another Hero's world. I'm going to be hitting on sooooooo many people's wives! :lol: Only joking...or am I? :ninja:

Jmax09

WR in Chicken Kicking
Reaction score

Being able to battle your friends would be nice.
I was hoping to see like a lobby where you can meet everyone online, but I guess it might be a bit too much.

Archon's Son

Hero of Albion
Reaction score

oh..my..god...THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS! I'd definitely go into my friends world, be all like "Don't worry, I'll be good." Then just kill everyone in one of his towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.