• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 Exclusive Pre-order Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Re: Fable 3 Exclusive Pre-order Weapons

Gakoyu Ojima;437088 said:
I cannot see the relation between well-made titles and piracy? Unless you're referring to the dedicated toward preventing such, that they'd lose dedication in that which they should focus on; developing the game properly. If that's the case, then yes I have the agree.

There's a lot of measures that EA put in place, and it breaks the games [sometimes making them completely unplayable] and I think their time and effort is wasted on it.

I hate their crusade against piracy. They're not losing money at all.

Fantastic little fun fact:
There was a Russian games company that released a game, and then put up a torrent. with it they gave exclusive content [I think it was a bonus map or something] and asked people "if you like it, buy it. If you don't like it, don't buy it." Beautiful.

Anyways, back on topic.

deeredman1991

Reaction score

blazefire17;437089 said:
somebody answer me

yeah its my rage post on not being able to get all the weapons although my rage has subsided somewhat due to the fact I'm going to be able to get Garth's sword (still not happy tho)

and to the people saying that lionhead need gamestop...I just cant see how Lionhead studio makes more money by giving a percentage of their profit to gamestop although gamestop might be paying them for exclusive rights to these in game weapons...if gamestop ends up paying them more then the game sells for then gamestop looses money so i really don't think they would do that people who play fable will buy fable from any source as long as they get the game so why do you need gamestop taking a percentage of your income? (keep in mind the internet has made created globalization so you can purchase the game from anywhere and have it shipped to anywhere) this being the case why keep gamestop around? pretty much everyone buys games online and for those who don't if they want fable 3 bad enough their are public libraries all over the place :\ and you can get a debit card from any bank you have an account at pretty much :\

but yeah I do agree EA is becoming increasingly annoying with their anti-piracy policies and I'm not going into to much detail because it is against the forum rules but trust me when I say there are ways around the Secu-Rom (did it with spore after reinstalling 3 times) if they want to stop pirates from pirating their game their should team up with Sony :\ or better yet...develop a console of their own (they have enough big name titles to do so)

Reaction score

deeredman1991;437119 said:
yeah its my rage post on not being able to get all the weapons although my rage has subsided somewhat due to the fact I'm going to be able to get Garth's sword (still not happy tho)

wut u mean we cant get all weopons
plz explain cuz i would like to kno cn as i love fable

deeredman1991

Reaction score

blazefire17;437120 said:
wut u mean we cant get all weopons
plz explain cuz i would like to kno cn as i love fable

there are 4 weapons (non trade-able) that you can only get by pre-ordering from their respective stores

Amazon has a Hammer
Best Buy has Garth's Sword
Gamestop has Reaver's Sword
(forget who has the last hammer)

Reaction score

well i would pick reaver over any of the other heroes anyway
and i did gamestop so it doesnt matter to me
unless garths sword is godlike
im a sword type guy
so hammers dont fly with me

speaking of reaver
comment my post about him or anything else i mentioned

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

somebody answer me

well i would pick reaver over any of the other heroes anyway
and i did gamestop so it doesnt matter to me
unless garths sword is godlike
im a sword type guy
so hammers dont fly with me

speaking of reaver
comment my post about him or anything else i mentioned
I really do not like you. You are egocentric but you have no qualities that should allow you to be.

VicOnTop

Reaction score
I really do not like you. You are egocentric but you have no qualities that should allow you to be.
i agree. lol. too much whining in this post

did they update the forums??

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Please guys, just because you don't like him doesn't mean you need to openly insult him.

Jomonoe

Reaction score
Well, as the OP said, he does indeed seem a little ocd. But I had the same experience with Mass Effect 2. Wanted to get everything. Was ****ed that would no be able to get everything. But you know what? After about a month or so, it doesn't matter. Those items are not super items that will break the game just like the preorder bonuses for Mass Effect 2 turned out to be pretty ****ty in game.

Anyway, I would suggest looking past collecting everything just for the sake of having everything. The OP also mentions that collecting everything is likened to having power and that not being able to have everything means that the theme of power is ruined. In the example you gave, you walk into someone else's world and he has a sword you can never get. Well guess what, it can be the same situation with him. He could have Garth's sword that you'll never get but you have Reaver's sword so that evens things out.

And anyway, true power does not come from items, imo. So what if he has ONE ****ty preorder item. You could amass an empire that dwarfs his own. Tell me what is more impressive, a guy with a preorder item, or a guy who has crafted the perfect empire?

I guess I also understand your hate for Lionhead but as others have said, it's not there fault. The retailers requested it and if Lionhead wants to sell copies then they've gotta put those weapons in.

Reaction score
ok im not ocd, or egocentric
just the way i talk so ya
dude with the pokemon picture ahah
u can go hget a life an not talk about somebody cuz u think something

Kazmir

Reaction score
you need help......if you dont like the preorder bonuses then protest and buy the game a week after released with no bonuses. What is a runescape????? I dont want to google it

Reaction score
you need help......if you dont like the preorder bonuses then protest and buy the game a week after released with no bonuses. What is a runescape????? I dont want to google it

who doesnt liek the pre order bonus

Kazmir

Reaction score
the guy who made the thread.....didnt you read the thread bro or you just go to the last page having no idea what is going on.

Reaction score
the guy who made the thread.....didnt you read the thread bro or you just go to the last page having no idea what is going on.

ya about not being able to get all the weopons
the pre order ones

but wut are u talkin about somebody not wantin it

Kazmir

Reaction score
ok well hes saying there shouldnt be preorder weapons but he wants them so i see what confused you....

Reaction score
ok well hes saying there shouldnt be preorder weapons but he wants them so i see what confused you....
...ya.. but on another note why doesnt he want them. i dunno about u but mine is reavers sword and tattoo and the quest that comes with it. i want that

The Emancipator

Emancipation
Reaction score
lol EA doesnt care about pre order crap like microsoft because one simple thing EA makes multi platform stuff they dont have to worry about that because they have bought up so many games and so many smaller companies they will make money regardless the only reason the pump out dlc so much is not their descision in the case with bioware. bioware chose that path because when EA bought them they understood it was because they were worth all that money for how good their games are so they wanted more money EA wanted more money so bioware said give us some money and we will pay it back tenfold in dlc and they did so thats why EA loves DLC for certain games they own cuz they get so much money. combine that with multi platform sales including dlc why would they care about pre order items they only do it for their best ones while microsoft does it with all their games because they are so big they have to to make that extra 2 dollars incase they never get dlc

Reaction score
lol EA doesnt care about pre order crap like microsoft because one simple thing EA makes multi platform stuff they dont have to worry about that because they have bought up so many games and so many smaller companies they will make money regardless the only reason the pump out dlc so much is not their descision in the case with bioware. bioware chose that path because when EA bought them they understood it was because they were worth all that money for how good their games are so they wanted more money EA wanted more money so bioware said give us some money and we will pay it back tenfold in dlc and they did so thats why EA loves DLC for certain games they own cuz they get so much money. combine that with multi platform sales including dlc why would they care about pre order items they only do it for their best ones while microsoft does it with all their games because they are so big they have to to make that extra 2 dollars incase they never get dlc

agreed

and EA has alsot been around for a whillllle

apostle452

Reaction score
i do have to say the guy who made this post is saying mircosoft ruins the games they make but yet he says he has loved fable 1 and 2 but wait here is the irony THEY WERE MADE BY MIRCOSOFT STOP CONDRICTING YOUR SELF AND STOP COMPLAINING BECAUSE OTHER STORES HAVE BONUSES WHICH ARE STORES BONUSES NOT MIRCOSOFTS THEY DO IT SO PEOPLE WILL BUY FROM THEM AND IF THEY SELL FROM EBAY WONT DO BONUS WEAPONS HENCE NOT AS MANY SALES lol i kinda forgot i had caps on and just kept typing away haha and dude just get the game and enjoy it with weapon morphing you could just morph a godly weapon that the community would possibly want from you with the auction system thanks for reading this long post :D

Status
Not open for further replies.