• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3: Possible Time Setting

T

TheGreenLion

Fable 3: Possible Time Setting

First off I want to state that I was too lazy to browse the whole list to see if there are any other similar posts. :p

Here's my theory, they've progressed 500 years into the future (or was it 200?:unsure:) from Fable 1, which turns out to be a slightly pre-Renaissance setting. My reasoning being that churches are non-existant (which could also be pre-Baroque I suppose.) and of course there are no signs of further technological advancement. Okay, there is the DLC submarine but that doesn't count! :D

So, there are four possibilities in time setting that they could use: the first and supposedly most likely being the Industrial Age(or whatever ya like to call it) which includes steam technology, gas lighting, electricity, still no armor and some slight advances in weaponry and so forth. Care for a train ride? This assumes they follow the trend of going forward in time.

The second possibility is that they could have a relapse, and go back into the medieval setting of Fable 1 which some folks might like, I'm sure there's some content that has yet to be pieced together and/or resolved in there somewhere. Take note that I didn't play Fable 1 so I don't have much in the way of ideas going here.

The third possibility is that the time setting could virtually stay the same(give or take a decade or two) and the character could possibly be your child from Fable 2...I know you had unprotected fun time in the many beds available! :wub: And perhaps have a Mom & Dad and of course Aunt Rose(if she ain't in a "happier place" with Scythe or some other skinny hooded person) to visit/do things for etc. And even a possible rebirth of Oakvale? Anywho that doesn't pertain to the time setting. ^_^

The fourth possibility and perhaps the most interesting one that I thought of (which may have more substance in another thread) is the fact that Theresa has control of the Spire....and basically told you that it's "hers" and shortly after to "begone". What does Theresa want with the Spire...possibly the same exact thing as Lucien had in mind? Assuming that she knows something you don't, that the Spire is actually still active after your wish. I don't think that should have an impact on the Storyline unless you have some sort of choice to pick at the beginning of Fable 3 concerning your choices in the previous title (that might cause problems if someone picks it up and hasn't played Fable 2.)

That begs the question, what would be important to Theresa, seeing as she has the power to alter everything in Albion for better or worse. Apparently she gets killed by her brother in the first Fable or so I hear, maybe she wants to bring him back and/or go back in time to have her revenge. She's definitely not a Saintly type, and maybe she played a roll in the old Guildleader's death.(again maybe something I missed in the storyline here)

That being said, the fourth option is most interesting because it all depends on Theresa and what she will do with the Spire while your off living your life in Albion.

Off the topic, there are other factors to consider in how things will play out, does Hammer find a husband, does Garth marry/remarry (I don't remember if he said anything about a wife?) and do they have kids which would continue the Hero bloodline in addition to your own ventures....I know heroes are sposed to live a long time but that also depends on what the time setting is and even if the next Hero is part of the Fable 2 characters lineage.

Anywho those are my thoughts, feel free to put in your two cents...so much to think about!

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable 3: Possible Time Setting

maybe it will jump 2000 years into the future...the age of laser guns!!!:ninja:

Charliee!

Reaction score

Well dude. The second one sounds most likely to me, bringing back oakvale and rebuilding the hero's guild (aka Hogwarts, aka Power Rangers' super secret base). Would be cool.

Important info to compliment ur thread:
*Theresa offers the choice to her brother (because she was wicked crazy and also sort of suicidal) "Destroy the Sword of Eons by throwing it into the vortex and rid albion of the evil, or kill me to feed the sword and you will be more powerful than Jack dreamt of being" or something along the lines.
*The guild master is killed (if chosen to) by the Hero of Fable 1 to feed the Archon's Shrine in order to access the Bronze Gate and battle the 2nd incarnation of Jack of Blades.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

whatever they decide to do i want fable 3 to utilize save files in your fable 2 for better continuation

Black Phoenix

Amatuer Buddhist (:
Reaction score

hopefully fable 3 will be set in the old kingdom
trying to overthrow one of the archons
that would be sweett

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Has anyone ever thought that instead of advancing into the future, the next Fable could be set in the past?

Not exactly a prequel, but it would be nice to see people like the Guild Master and Maze before they created the guild.

GMRauru

GOMLB
Reaction score

Droded if that happened there would be 123121212312124235436454523543564gr43r34gvb4eg45vbtr3r2e people that would want to be able to play as Maze, Scythe, GuildMaster, Briar, Theresa, Thunder, Whisper, Twinblade, or JoB.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

You can already play as them in Fable 1. ;)

The whole point of Fable is that your decisions influence the gameplay, so being an already known Hero isn't an option.

B

Beann

Jack0Blades;264444 said:
whatever they decide to do i want fable 3 to utilize save files in your fable 2 for better continuation

Urgh, yes! Definitely!

I was so annoyed about saving before taking the sex change potion and then not being able to go back. I was only curious as to how my character would look as a man ;[
But I digress.

I'm not sure whether I'd want it in the past or future...

I think another few hundred years in the future would be fun, to be honest, not sure about anymore in the past before the guild was built. Really not too sure on that idea, in my opinion. It's a good idea, but I'm just not sure.

B

Blade Mr.DK

After the time of Fable 1 but before the time of Fable 2

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Fable 3 will most likely take place on.. Uranus :D

B

Blade Mr.DK

SimonKalevra;264633 said:
Fable 3 will most likely take place on.. Uranus :D
NOT U AGAIN... WE HAVE NO INTEREST IN URANUS, MYANUS OR ANY OTHER ANUS U CAN THINK OF!! ^_^

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Aww you just excluded a whole lot of people and animals, and a planet too. :D

T

TheGreenLion

If they did go back in time it would mostly be a return to the Fable 1 setting, which is good in some cases...I do like medieval hack n slash plus they would have the benefit of adding in things they've progressed with in Fable 2. All except that part of the Story of course, it'd be more like the beginning of the Heroes...how they came to be and such.

If they left it in nearly the same time setting, there would be less of a gap in the history of what Theresa ultimately does with the Spire. Garth, Hammer, Reaver and yourself would still be relevant at this point, and they could add new areas like Summerhaven(I think that's Garth's home yah?) an option to cleanse Wraithmarsh and rebuild Oakvale(maybe a long quest so it's not too instant) and the "North" where Hammer goes to study with the warrior monks. There's also the option of some of the places in Fable 1, I read something about a place with talking stones (forgive my lack of knowledge there!) and perhaps expanding on Knothole island so that there is truly much more to explore and perhaps random/seasonal weather changes rather than the weather room, it's a neat feature but gets boring easily after you've found all that there is to discover in the sequence.(It would be great to expand the weather to all reaches of Albion, that'd be neat.) There's a lot to improve upon and add in the current time setting of Fable 2.

I don't think they ought to progress too far into the future with the next Fable, I dunno if I'd pick it up if it was set in modern times...it'd be like an odd magical version of GTA IV. But I wouldn't mind if they did progress enough to have it just barely before automobiles and trains. Instead of Town Guards, you'd have bobbies with blackjacks and derringers (better chance to get knocked out/scarred so ya better be nice to the law or run really fast!)...it'd be almost like Sherlock Holmes kind of stuff I suppose but not so far that melee weapons are out of the question...maybe Jack of Blades could make a reappearance as a more powerful/evil version of a Jack the Ripper style character.

That being said I'd rather have it progress instead of going back in time, but ya never know what Theresa has in mind! Or Lionhead for that matter :p

Sin

is God
Reaction score

Jack0Blades;264444 said:

I disagree with this. The whole point of them doing this was to really make it obvious that when you make a big decision it will stay and have consequences. That's the entire point of the game, not too be able to do something and immediately go back on it!

Im glad they put this in. Makes it seem more life-like and finally makes sense that your choices have consequences.

B

Blade Mr.DK

Sin;264670 said:
I disagree with this. The whole point of them doing this was to really make it obvious that when you make a big decision it will stay and have consequences. That's the entire point of the game, not too be able to do something and immediately go back on it!

Im glad they put this in. Makes it seem more life-like and finally makes sense that your choices have consequences.
I agree with u Sin^_^... tht didnt sound right:unsure:... I'M AN EVANGELIST!!!:blush:

T

TheGreenLion

Trying to keep this back on topic, what do yall think they should do with the Time Period in Fable 3, progress or regress? Earlier on I posted my wish for the game to progress in time, rather than go back into Fable history. So much stuff in all three titles to muse over, but I like the way they are going with Fable 2 and the whole colonial style feel of it.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

the flintlock mechanism was Introduced around 1630 so.....

Black Phoenix

Amatuer Buddhist (:
Reaction score

REGRESS!! i want fable 3 to be set in the old kingdom =D

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

I want Theresa to destroy the world, resurrect dragons and demons and fight her as a SUPER-EXTREME big boss - the hardest boss battle in Fable yet (which doesnt say much)