• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable Explorer issues

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
This program is not the most sleak in nature. I am having issues with it.

I am trying to change the hero's eyes. I change the model id to scythe's. I click the preview and shows up correctly, save and run Fable and the hero has no eyes. I quit and load Explorer and it saved the id set but when I click on it it does not load the preview. So it is not doing what I say.

When spawning chests in chocolate box I can't spawn certain items. For instance I cant spawn and assassin shirt because it loads the inventory item, appearance, and stock item aswell. With some items you cant select only one version.

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
the hero has no eyes.
Make sure to change the eye scale as well. Not all those eyeball models are the same size.
I quit and load Explorer and it saved the id set but when I click on it it does not load the preview. So it is not doing what I say.
This is an issue with DirectX. FableExplorer and the game cannot use DirectX and the game files at the same time. When you save and run the game, FE yields to the game so that it can run, but when you close the game, FE only reassumes control of the game's files, not DirectX, and since FE needs DirectX to preview textures and models, it won't be able to do those things.
When spawning chests in chocolate box I can't spawn certain items. For instance I cant spawn and assassin shirt because it loads the inventory item, appearance, and stock item aswell. With some items you cant select only one version.
I'm not familiar with that issue but I'm tempted to chalk it up to user error. I can't check to figure out what you're doing as I don't have the game or the tools anymore but it should be possible to select only the one that starts with OBJECT_whateverwhatever. That's the one you want.