• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable explorer

R

rengard

Fable explorer

Well, i went to run fable explorer for modding my character.... and well i saved and ran the game with the Actions butten, and well it told me could not find some file, then it told me it dident find the Library.... so i turned it off..... well i started my computer up after i got home and went to try it again..... i Launch the program and it makes an Error sound, and then freezes...... i went to end task it and i noticed that it was running and dident say "Not Responding" so i waited and still nothing... anyone know what the problem is?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable explorer

Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it again? Also did you make sure you had .net framework 2.0 installed?

R

rengard

Wes to both, i tried reinstalling it, and yes .net framework 2.0 is installed... even if it was not installed it wont let you install it unless you had .net framework 2.0............. so i dont know what to do now.... ill try restarting my computer and then run it... if not ill uninstall it and then restart and see or a different combination of those 2...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

rengard;154186 said:
Wes to both, i tried reinstalling it, and yes .net framework 2.0 is installed... even if it was not installed it wont let you install it unless you had .net framework 2.0............. so i dont know what to do now.... ill try restarting my computer and then run it... if not ill uninstall it and then restart and see or a different combination of those 2...

Have to let us know how it goes, then go over what options you can try next.

R

rengard

Well, I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it. That dident work, so i uninstalled it again and then restarted my computer and then reinstalled it when it was done rebooting. That also dident work. So i then uninstalled it and deleted the Prefetch files in the windows system directory and completely deleted all traces of it and then redownloaded it and installed it and that also dident work..... I wander if i have to uninstall Fable and uninstall the program and then reinstall both and see if it works...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

rengard;154235 said:
Well, I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it. That dident work, so i uninstalled it again and then restarted my computer and then reinstalled it when it was done rebooting. That also dident work. So i then uninstalled it and deleted the Prefetch files in the windows system directory and completely deleted all traces of it and then redownloaded it and installed it and that also dident work..... I wander if i have to uninstall Fable and uninstall the program and then reinstall both and see if it works...

Cant hurt to try i guess, im not all that knowledgeable about the modding aspect of Fable im afraid.

R

rengard

Ill let you know what the status of the problem is, if it doesent work after i do that, then i know its the program or atleast the game....

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Maybe your computer's not Leet enough, either way you need:

System Requirements

Fable Explorer requires a number of things to be properly setup on the user’s computer:
  1. DirectX 9.0c installed
  2. .NET Framework 2.0 installed
  3. Graphics Card supporting 16bit W-Depth Buffering
If you have problems running Fable Explorer make sure your computer meets these requirements before asking for help.

R

rengard

I can guarentee that i have way more then enough, i am running a:

Quad Core: 2.8 each
Ram: 4gb Dual channel SLI High Performance Game Ram
Graphics Card: x2 Guadro FX5500 1GB GDDR 2 PCI Express 16x SLI support
Direct X: 9.0c
Windows XP: Home Edition

so my computer is leet enough....... I built it myself so i know its good, if anyone wants me to help them put together a list of cheap but reliable parts to... PM me if wanting me to do this... and sorry for strying off topic....... but ya im sure its good enough..... :cool:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

rengard;154262 said:
I can guarentee that i have way more then enough, i am running a:

Quad Core: 2.8 each
Ram: 4gb Dual channel SLI High Performance Game Ram
Graphics Card: x2 Guadro FX5500 1GB GDDR 2 PCI Express 16x SLI support
Direct X: 9.0c
Windows XP: Home Edition

so my computer is leet enough....... I built it myself so i know its good, if anyone wants me to help them put together a list of cheap but reliable parts to... PM me if wanting me to do this... and sorry for strying off topic....... but ya im sure its good enough..... :cool:
Sorry, didn't know. :lol:

R

rengard

no its fine, i dident mean to make ya feel bad bout it... lol ya anywho.... still dident fix problem yet so ill work on it tomarrow

A

Alasknambr

Sounds like a .DLL got damaged. Modding can be hard on you. I have not used this mod yet because I have seen alot of bad posting like this.

Things to try.

1. Reg clean everything out of your reg that is fabel related.
2. Run a scan on your computer to make sure you didn't get a bug from your DLing. you may have a program running, but I will bet you your computer I could walk around it if I wanted to. try using Antivirus & Content Security Software | Securing Your Web World: - Trend Micro USA
3. Make sure everything from both programs are compleatly deleated. one little file left in place can make the whole thing worthless. That means saved games too.

Hope this helps.

R

rengard

thanks, ill try and see whats going on...... and then ill try again and see if it works this time

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

when I click save then launch fable it says "Splash error" or something similar I just click okay and then a pop up says "Click okay when you done running fable" then fable pulls up...

Maybe your thinking to much into it?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Kamolakk;154530 said:
when I click save then launch fable it says "Splash error" or something similar I just click okay and then a pop up says "Click okay when you done running fable" then fable pulls up...

Maybe your thinking to much into it?

http://forums.projectego.net/i-cant-figure-out-4744/
http://forums.projectego.net/question-3576/
http://forums.projectego.net/fable-explorer-not-working-3095/
http://forums.projectego.net/my-fmps-wont-work-4565/
^_^:cool:

L

lucifergod42

re: fable explorer

everytime i run FE i t says object reference not set to an instance of an object from: at fablexplorer.frmmain.main() someone plz msg me or email me at master_of_Darkn3ss@hotmail.com with the answer im despereate plz helpss

max-o-l

Reaction score

could someone help with this prob couse when i try to use ''save mods and run fable''
it gives a runtime error micosoft Visual C++ runtime library. please help couse i want those mods in fable.