• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable First Person

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimWhim

Reaction score
Re: Fable First Person

Bluedrake;431766 said:
I don't know about Fallout 3, but in Oblivion you can switch povs. I was saying that first person only made the customization pointless. Think first person shooters.

Yes but good luck attempting to play in a third-person view in any of those games.

The Tyrant Lord;431680 said:
That's why it's not pointless.

Doesn't mean it's a good idea. Fable is not the type of game that would work with a first-person camera view.

onwingsoflead

Reaction score

I agree, Fable would not work in first person view, the only part of fable I can see working in first person would be when you enter aim mode, and transform that into first person with a cross hair.

Kazmir

Reaction score

nope thats dumb and plus if they put in first person view they have to take out co op lol.

iC0NNNN

Premium
Reaction score

Kazmir;432166 said:
nope thats dumb and plus if they put in first person view they have to take out co op lol.

I thought in co op you get your own screen in fable 3?

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Kazmir;432166 said:

Do you know how many first-person games have split screen co-op? Quite a lot. They wouldn't have to remove anything but it would completely lose one of the things that makes Fable, Fable.

iC0NNNN;432168 said:
I thought in co op you get your own screen in fable 3?

You do.

Kazmir

Reaction score

it was joke bro!!!! I was making a reference to lionheads nonflexible budget

Prince Louis

Incredibly Handsome Master of All Villainy
Reaction score

Guh. I'm not a fan of first person games. I could barely make it through Bioshock because of it. It just made me feel dizzy.

I hope that more games like Fable and BG&E come out. ^_^

Knifeboy

Reaction score

I dont think 1st Person would fit in with the game style, its sort of been built to be 3rd person if they changed quite a bit of the gameplay it might work. Its all about how the game is made ie. oblivion TES was made for 1st person and it plays great that way, it plays alright when you switch it to 3rd person but I find it a bit forced and strange (my opinion). also I think it would be easier for casual gamers to get used to moving around in 3rd person than 1st where you have almost no idea what you surroundings are.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Prince Louis;432338 said:
Guh. I'm not a fan of first person games. I could barely make it through Bioshock because of it. It just made me feel dizzy.

I hope that more games like Fable and BG&E come out. ^_^

Baltimore Gas and Electric? First person viewpoints can be a bit disorienting especially when you're spinning to shoot a Nazi. Or a child...

Kahindes

Reaction score

I don't know why people do this. Seriously, if you want a first-person shooter or something, go play a game that is made to be a first person shooter. We have played this game and remained interested for the way that it is, why change it into something that just doesn't suit the tradition that we liked already.

Prince Louis

Reaction score

Blestb;432685 said:
Baltimore Gas and Electric? First person viewpoints can be a bit disorienting especially when you're spinning to shoot a Nazi. Or a child...

No silly. Beyong Good and Evil!

Soldato Romano

The Darkness
Reaction score

I believe Beyond Good and Evil has a sequel on the way.

As for a first-person Fable, I can't really see it.

Prince Louis

Reaction score

You're right it does. I've seen some pics and the teaser trailer but hell... its been forever since they announced it. It looks like 2012 will be the launch date though.

Also i stand firm on my opinion about Fable First Person. It would probably lose alot of fans if it changed to that.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

fableivfps.jpg
I guess this is the concept.

Prince Louis

Reaction score

+rep That is priceless! Bahaha.