• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable & GFWL, Oh the woes.

TuNdRa

Reaction score
Hokay, I dug out my copy of Fable III on Steam for another play, since I felt like getting up to some mischief in a Steampunk'd Albion. Continued on my Merry way through a portion of the game before something in my brain finally went "Hang on - Where's all of that DLC stuff you downloaded after you'd installed the game?"

Turns out i'd been playing the whole game in my Offline profile. "No matter" I thought, logged into GFWL, went to continue - No saved games found.

Balls.

Anyone know of any way, that doesn't involve masses of guesswork, to transfer save files between accounts? Or is this one of those things that is regarded only as Myth and Legend, as only a few people upon the whole planet have managed to achieve it.

Simple Copy/Paste doesn't work, as it's GFWL encrypted saves, so Fable III turns it's nose up and goes "THESE SAVE FILES ARE CORRUPT (They're not actually corrupt, i'm just too stupid to know the difference between "Corrupt" and "Wrong account".)"

There's, allegedly, a way of doing this with a Save-editor for the game, but I've had little success in attempting that method.

Edit: Okay. As things always seem to do; I gave the save-editor based system another stab, copied the GFWL blob file from a save-game made with the Online account, used the XUID from that same save on the offline account. I then switched them across and, on this attempt, it worked.

Impossible chances, but heck; I hope this helps anyone else who goes looking for solutions to this issue.

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
Late to this, apologies.

A cool dude named Timeslip made some utilities for Fable 3, including a save editor/fixer and GFWL remover. I needed these myself to fix a broken save (stuck in the ground woooo) but they could also be used to fix your corrupt save and, possibly, maybe, work with DLC. The DLC option is itself experimental and might not work. Let's hope it does. :)

Link to Timeslip's site:
http://timeslip.users.sourceforge.net/

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Late to this, apologies.

A cool dude named Timeslip made some utilities for Fable 3, including a save editor/fixer and GFWL remover. I needed these myself to fix a broken save (stuck in the ground woooo) but they could also be used to fix your corrupt save and, possibly, maybe, work with DLC. The DLC option is itself experimental and might not work. Let's hope it does. :)

Link to Timeslip's site:
http://timeslip.users.sourceforge.net/

I didn't know anyone bothered to make a save editor or a save fixer for Fable III (seeing how the modding scene is almost nonexistant). Good to know someone out there made this. :)