• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable I - Fable I : Likes and Dislikes

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Fable I - Fable I : Likes and Dislikes

What do you like about Fable I that you hated or was not included in II?

What did you like about II that was not in the first?

What do you hope is in the third that was in the second?

Discuss!

I loved the whole idea of armor and armor resistance from I! And I LOVE the idea of guns from II! To me, the whole gun thing did not match accordingly with Fable's feel and touch, but I sure as hell enjoyed the guns.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable I - Fable I : Likes and Dislikes

I loved the feel and ambiance of the first one. It really felt like a folklore game, which was way different to any other mainstream fantasy game at the time. I think the 500 year gap was too far, and they should have used that setting more. I also thought the story was WAY better.

I immensely enjoyed all of the new features in the Fable II though. From the more complete real estate system (whereas you had to kill the owners of the house you wanted to buy in the original), to the revamped Will system, to the ability to have children.

Aristo

In Shade And Shadow
Premium
Reaction score

Hmm I like the music a little more in Fable one, really love the Oakvale theme. The weapon selections were larger and the weapons looked better too to boot. I think I like the demon doors a little more in 1 also. Though the glitches for 2 might have something to do with that :p. The story for 1 was really intense also, it was great. I would have liked to see some of the spells in 1 return in 2, but maybe that would have been too much content. They really did great in Fable 2 with the storyline, families, adding a pet and the graphics are pretty sweet. Whenever developers make a sequel to a game it's usually difficult to bring the sequel up to the level of the former, but I think they did an excellent job this time. I eagerly look forward to Fable III because it is my most anticipated game.

Missah

Reaction score

I didn't like how short Fable II was, the ending battle scene was really disappointing, all it was was a push, not that great, but hopefully Fable III has more to offer

BriarRose_123

Elvira Grey
Reaction score

Fable TLC has a much better plot line in my opinion, I mean the characters and places made it much better game play and you could really get into the game. The story to Fable 2 is slightly boring and confusing and doesn't stretch out as long. I mean Fable TLC's characters like Whisper, Lady Grey (In her Human Form), Maze, Briar Rose etc all had a good personality to them which made the game more enjoyable to play. Fable 2 may have a more stretched out and more optional gameplay, but it lacks where Fable TLC excelled