• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III Era Hinted In See The Future [Possible Spoiler]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score
Fable III Era Hinted In See The Future [Possible Spoiler]

Some of you may know this already, some of you this might be new. So don't tell me this is so obvious because a few People didn't notice this.

As you know See The Future is the latest and maybe last Fable II DLC. And as one of their rewards they gave us a Soldiers Costume.

17205.jpg

^ As you can see it looks very similar to the England Soldier Uniform. [Obvious]

Think-of-England.jpg

^ You can see a few similarities with the See The Future Costume Reward.

In my opinion, Lionhead wouldn't just add this soldiers costume into the DLC randomly and without a reason.

Hollowmen Costume: Based on the Monster from Fable II.
Balverine Costume: Based on the Monster from Fable II or I.
Hobbe Costume: Based on the Monster from Fable II or I.
King Costume: Maybe Based on the concept of being King or Queen on Fable III.
Soldier Set: What some of the Soldiers/Guards or Whatever would look like in Fable III and Also hinting us on the Era of Fable III?

If it is true then I can tell you this.
You wouldn't see England Soldiers in those uniforms wielding crossbows so maybe it's going to be just guns/muskets.

GaEv

Reaction score
Re: Fable III Era Hinted In See The Future [Possible Spoiler]

I believe the soldier costume is meant to be taken as seriously as the Halo costume or the Greaser outfit. Since this game has parrallels to British culture it was just another way to show British culture through the game.

But your theory does have merit and I could be wrong about their intentions.

Twilight

Reaction score

They already stated it's gonna be 50 years ahead in an Industrial era.

I think its safe to say it's still Swords/Guns. I don't see Cross-bows dissapearing.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yes, the Welley's Soldier outfit is a reference to the British uniforms of the Napoleonic Wars. Welley=Wellesly=Duke Wellington.

They have already said, explicitly, that F3 will be fifty years on and more industrialized.

It's possible they will eliminate crossbows, I suspect they will keep swords and other melee weapons for stylistic/gameplay reasons.

And yes, we've already had fifty billion threads on this subject and I would personally rather you did some minor necromancing on one of those than make a whole damn new one.

But no, I don't think the Welley's soldier uniform is really a hint. I think they just thought it looked cool.

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score

I guess so, I haven't read about the 50 years thing though., =o

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Zencidal;338016 said:

Um... yeah, go to the Fable 3 reveal thread, it MIGHT not be in the quoted text, but click any of the links to the announcements, read them, it's there.

That's probably the first mention of it "on" this site. Or, if you prefer, somebody probably commented on it in the replies to the reveal thread. Or, barring that, at least in the "Fable 3 era" thread that was active at the time of the reveal.

I don't mean to sound all critical-like, but it really is seriously old news. It's been repeated again and again in other threads since then.

GaEv

Reaction score

Zencidal;338016 said:

I assumed you had, its why I didn't mention it myself.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah if it's goin to be just 50 years on then we won't have to worry about some crazy modern setting. It will most likely be kept how it was in Fable II with a few generations of improvement and industrialisation. Can't wait for Fable III ! :D

Cain

Reaction score

Don't thread necro. Its bad enough we have spambots doing it and we don't need our members to as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.