• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III Map Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Fable III Map Editor

Now you obviously know that Fable III does NOT have a Map Editor. Probably never will (including all future Fable Games).

But imagine if they came with one. You could shape the landscape, put buildings, villagers, enemies, etc in the map, then play in it.

People could make huge cities, huge wars, arenas, or a simple exploring map.

GrimWhim

Reaction score
Re: Fable III Map Editor

tjbyrum1;418765 said:
Now you obviously know that Fable III does NOT have a Map Editor. Probably never will (including all future Fable Games).

But imagine if they came with one. You could shape the landscape, put buildings, villagers, enemies, etc in the map, then play in it.

People could make huge cities, huge wars, arenas, or a simple exploring map.

Would be pretty sweet but I'd rather they didn't try to add something like this.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

This wouldn't fit in a game like Fable. there wouldn't be that awesome feeling of epicness the Devs put on built-in "mAPS"

king_reaver

Reaction score

only if you be demi god to come god

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

If lionhead were to allow a map editor, I'd think lionhead would allow you to have one Region that you make. Now it won't be very sophisticating. Map editors aren't very sophisticate, well at least in my eyes. Just some elevation tools, building tools, environment tools and creature tools. And of course it gets very in depth from there, or it can be.
And every map editor will always have a preset so maybe if they were to give one, there'd be a few preset maps.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

Stranger;418883 said:
@Ryu_the_fox: No. You do not get to take part in this discussion on that level. I have discussed this sort of thing with you before and achieved nothing but unmatched frustration so no, stop talking about it. You know nothing about it.
Excuse me, but that is not for you to choose, ANYONE can comment on ANYTHING here. If someone can restrict users from doing so, it's a mod.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Stranger;418883 said:
@Ryu_the_fox: No. You do not get to take part in this discussion on that level. I have discussed this sort of thing with you before and achieved nothing but unmatched frustration so no, stop talking about it. You know nothing about it.

Lemme, guess John Doe?

I've messed around with map editors with other games before, Just because I have some trouble modding Fable TLC doesn't mean I know nothing about this stuff.
And I never said anything about a Map editor by the modding community, I said if Lionhead were to allow one.

-__-

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

I wasn't arguing about facts, I was trying to figure out ways. I was being sincere, not an asshole. I have high respect for the modding community, I just wanted to know why exactly we weren't able to mod Fable 2. I had no intention of giving a wrong vibe and offending anyone. -__- I'm not the type of person you described to Tyrant Lord. I'm not the type of person who wouldn't say **** about good work. I'm a musician, and I write a lot, and I put much effort into what I write, and I know what it would be like to have someone call your work trash.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Stranger;418900 said:
What you were doing was stepping on my toes. I said we couldn't do it, you said we could. Which one of us was right? Me. You kept going, knowing absolutely and completely nothing about the subject. I explained why we couldn't, and instead of accepting that, you brought up bad ideas. I explained why those ideas were bad and instead of accepting those explanations, you brought up even worse ideas. If you're intent is to do that again, don't. It's above your pay-grade.

My intent is not to do that. Look, I brought up ideas, because I thought they would work. When you explained why they wouldn't work, I accepted that. But I thought of other things that would work. Like I just wanted to be completely sure. Anyways, I'm sorry for any past problems. I will avoid causing them again.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

errr ok.....

anywho back to the original poster, sounds a bit simish to me!

Ryu hayabusa

Assassin
Reaction score

I think if they were to put a map editor in it would start off pretty bad. They are going into the 3rd game, and have not made a map editor in any of the other Fables so it would be like a brand new thing. I would have to agree that it probably will never happen. Not with Fable at least, because its not that kind of game where you can control everything. The majority of the Fable story line is preset aside from a few side things you can do.

But I make maps for Star Craft and Counter Strike Source so I am interested in stuff like that. So if they were to make one for some unknown reason I would love to try it. But like I said I don't see that happening. But this is why I am majoring in Game Design because I like designing and making stuff for games.

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

I think it should be said that this forum is not here to sort out your little affairs, or for you to be a life coach and stroke your inflated ego. No one cares, and no one is impressed. Seek counseling.

Anyway.
I second Skorm's Boss, definitely sounds Sim-ish. Too Sim-ish. :3

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Wasabi;419455 said:
I think it should be said that this forum is not here to sort out your little affairs, or for you to be a life coach and stroke your inflated ego. No one cares, and no one is impressed. Seek counseling.

Anyway.
I second Skorm's Boss, definitely sounds Sim-ish. Too Sim-ish. :3

Well that depends on how you view it. I played Tenchu 2 and it had a map editor, and that was somewhat an action adventure game. Basically you create your own mission and there are all these tools to create the level. It wasn't very hard either. Now whats more sim-ish would be the Scenario Editor in Age of empires. It's not actually a map seeing that Ensemble never gave you the option to make a random map. But you set up everything in the map with river tools and forest tools and unit tools and its basically a pre-made skirmish.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Fable III, any Fable franchise game cannot be compatible with a map editor in any way, in my opinion. The game engine itself is made for certain maps, certain quests and things that are just customizable. (at least by looking at Fable, Fable II)

However, there's a huge number of engine related changes that are required to make a map editor working with the game itself; therefore chances are nonexistent. Therefore, there cannot be a map editor for Fable III or any future Fable game. (there wont be more Fable games)

Maybe other games can have a map editor and some other do, however Fable III is very specific for the mix of the two genres that it is. Keep in mind the engine, the genre and generally Lionhead.

There won't be anything like that in Fable III or in any other Fable game. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.