• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Hello all. I'm here to rant on about what I think Fable III's downs are. Please don't get me wrong, I'm in love with Fable III, so no flaming in my thread or profile, you can make derogatory comments elsewhere.

What's wrong with Fable III? There is no place to just hang out and lounge around town like Bowerstone Marketplace from II and Oakvale from I. Maybe it's because I cannot emote to a dozen people at a time? The new expression system is horrendous. It's only focused on one person and I can't awe the crowd with my angelic wings or Hero Pose? Lame.

Secondly, the Dog sucks now. There is no emotional attachment to him whatsoever - Your dog doesn't even get hurt anymore. I don't see him limping around pathetically when he gets hit by a Balverine. Nothing happens to him (Shot by Lucien), and your Hero (or other characters) don't notice him in cutscenes and/or gameplay. The Dog is ALWAYS running off. I see him maybe 3/4 of the time. He never barks to find anything like Chests or Keys, just dig spots, and thats when I'm practically standing on it.

Thirdly. No Arena, Colosseum, or Crucible of any kind! The closest to an Arena was Reavers Mansion. There is nothing to show my combat prowess to the public anymore. Who else here is missing the Colosseum and the original Arena?

Enemies are not varied enough. I am always hacking and shooting the same types of enemies constantly. Gets a little tedious. Hollowmen and Mercenaries are by far the most used enemies in the game, I see them in practically.. everywhere. Hobbes are used a bit too, but not too much. Balverines are my favorite thing to kill in any Fable game, and they are hardly here (Due to the migration because of the rise of Industry in Albion). Auroran enemies include Sandfuries, Minions, and Dreadwings. But you'll hardly encounter Minions and Dreadwings as Sandfuries are Aurora's main enemy.

Is it me or does Albion not 'feel' right to you? It looks the same in areas, but it just doesn't feel like Albion to me for some reason. Bowerstone and Brightwall do though.

Aurora is amazing. I love Aurora and it's middle eastern influences. It was like a breath of fresh air for the Fable series. Sadly, there is only three regions within Aurora to explore. The continent is vast and very under-used. I hope to see more in upcoming DLC (If they have any - They probably will.... I hope).

Well, theres what I dislike on Fable III. I'm still in love with the game though. There is some awesome new features in the game too. Happy Gaming! Time to leave my kid at the Orphanage...

EDIT: I realized I was missing something but I remember what it was now thanks to Jon

Being a King was really cool in Fable III, no? It was way too short of an experience and beyond those judgements made in the Throne Room, there was nothing else to it. We got a King outfit. Whoopee.

I seem to recall Peter Molyneux saying judgements would be something like a beggar was caught for theft and you could choose to just deal with him on the spot and throw him to the dungeon or delve deeper into it. They wouldn't be quests, just random things popping in. (Sort of like Red Dead Redemptions Random Encounters) I think the whole King thing was half-baked. Maybe Peter shouldn't have rushed on the new Fable.

The Map. I love the whole 3D aspect of the map. Going in and buying/selling/repairing houses and such, but doesn't it just SUCK to see where you are and use the map to find a specific place? It looks nice, but you can't rely on it to help you find your way around.

Spartan Hal

Little Foot
Reaction score
Yep I agree with most of that, also PM said the dog would run off and be 'naughty' chase chickens, rabbits, birds etc. I have not seen him do any of that, chickens were walking right by him once and he was just lying down across the floor.
>_<

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
I agree completely about Aurora. They'd say every time they were asked about the size "Actually we've added an entire continent", implying that they'd basically had a second area as big as Albion.

Archmenel

Reaction score
I agree.

The expression wheel being gone did disappoint. I knew beforehand that it would be different but was hoping for an overall more interactive social construct. Maybe, I don't know, have it set so we can interact on a personal level with those whom we choose and also face the crowd with a vulgar thrust from time to time when feeling a bit ornery. I really miss Bloodstone right now.

Jon

Reaction score
i agree with those things.. i would also add that the part where you are king is too short.. many more opportunities to make decisions and more questing would have been good here.. also the very last main quest, imo, needed to be way longer and more epic.

but overall yes i loved fable 3

Status
Not open for further replies.