• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III to Do Away with Silent Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score
Re: Fable III to Do Away with Silent Hero

SelfAppointedGunslinger;406690 said:
YOU CAN TALK IN OBLIVION?! :O

No, your completely silent in Oblivion:noexpression:. In Dragon Age you pick a voice for your character, in combat voice. Different voices for different types of attitude, I think. I'm not entirely sure...:unsure:

Reaction score

Vicious Dice;406864 said:
No, your completely silent in Oblivion:noexpression:. In Dragon Age you pick a voice for your character, in combat voice. Different voices for different types of attitude, I think. I'm not entirely sure...:unsure:

I thought not, I've completed the game & I never heard one vocal line of dialogue from My character in Oblivion lol.

noremac

Shadowfiend
Reaction score

well he/she grunts when he/she gets hit ocaisonally but thats about it.

Keelee.Hamomin

Lovable Lunatic
Reaction score

It always amused me when NPC X was talking to my character in Fable; they say something to the Hero that would warrant a response... and the Hero would open his mouth like he was about to say something... and the NPC would override them, answering their own question for the Hero. Hero makes pouty face. Hilarious.

But I do think that voicing the hero could be a good thing. I would like to be able to chose a type of voice like Dragon Age. But if it is just a generic one... I can live with that too.

I am also amused my monologue-ing characters but I agree that it would get kind of annoying.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

lol. I love talking for my Hero.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

I'm excited for it.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

I like this idea. Lionhead always talk about how Fable is "about choices" and how they want us to feel connected with what's going on in the game. It's hard to do that when my character's only method of interaction is farting on people.

I don't think they'll let us choose our voice, but it will probably evolve like the character's appearance. More raspy and deep for evil guys, and I guess more cheesy and preachy for good guys.

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

^ Totally agreed.
Glad for the hero having a voice!
And hopefully this time the Male Hero will be slightly more attractive.

Yes, I'm that shallow ;}

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

Just had a thought on this, and it's a long one so bare with me.
One of my pet peeves in Fable II was the silly "yeah!" your hero made every time they dug something up.
For example, my female hero, evil as they come yet sexily dressed in all black with a figure to die for (in other words she was skinny and hot!) sound a complete tool going "yeah!" in what sounded to be a 6 year old school girls voice!
The vocal mechanics need to take into account if you’re good or bad, pure of corrupt and it also needs to realise that the hero.... is not a 6 year old school girl!

dunderri

Reaction score

Maybe now I can finally get emotionally attached.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

dunderri;410367 said:
Maybe now I can finally get emotionally attached.

don't, it might make you cry!;)

dunderri

Reaction score

Skorm's Boss;410371 said:
don't, it might make you cry!;)

I want to cry! I always cry during movies and t.v., now I want to cry in video games. How can I feel for someone when all they do is silently gasp when their mother dies? I was just ROFL. So, now with a voice, I can actually feel for the character I'm playing.

This is, of course, if the voice acting is actually good and if it fits the character's stance.

Shadowtree

Winner of Lil'Miss Zerg 2010
Reaction score

I wish.... *sigh*

still I did like the idea of picking your character's voice in dragonage, except for the fact and you never heard them actually speak except in battle. I was looking forward to hearing my city elf acting all sassy and not hearing what i made her say in the "cutscenes" kinda degraded the story a tiny bit.... all in all I did still really like the game, and I know why they didnt do what I wanted.
I mean, can you even picture speaking every possible line in that game for every possible voice!? that would take months! maybe even an extra year to record! depending on how much the new hero is going to talk per cutscene or mini conversation chances are likely that we wont be able to pick the voice.
Although looking at these awesome voice actors I have to wonder who they'll get to be the hero/heroine. Cant just be anybody...

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

I wonder if they'll get a big name(s (in case voice changes)) to voice the hero? I'm thinking maybe Ringo or Jerry Seinfeld?

Seriously though, Ringo should be in a Fable game eventually. His voice is perfect for Albion (I always hear people and think "Whoa it's Ringo!").

Also, how do you all expect the hero to sound. There must be a changing voice. I can't at all imagine this guy:
800px-Fable_III_Shot2.jpg
speaking the same as a good guy would.

Shadowtree

Winner of Lil'Miss Zerg 2010
Reaction score

POOP;410641 said:
I wonder if they'll get a big name(s (in case voice changes)) to voice the hero? I'm thinking maybe Ringo or Jerry Seinfeld?

Seriously though, Ringo should be in a Fable game eventually. His voice is perfect for Albion (I always hear people and think "Whoa it's Ringo!").

Also, how do you all expect the hero to sound. There must be a changing voice. I can't at all imagine this guy:
800px-Fable_III_Shot2.jpg
speaking the same as a good guy would.

Lol, Jerry Seinfeld.... That would be a win. Except he dosent strike me as the heroic type, AND although Ive watch his show ive never heard him do a british accent. Both of which he would have to pull off.....

Maybe they should use the same actor(s) for your hero throughout the whole despite them being good or evil and the for the "voice change" they should just make sure that the actor knows how to sound gruffer. They could also change up the lines for the cutscenes depending on your evil/goodness.

Reaction score

You can say things to people in oblivion by picking what you want to say but the character has no voice; you do, on the other hand, have a voice in dragon age origins though you don't actually have conversations using your voice you just say things during battle

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Really happy, my Hero's can finally talk. +rep

Knifeboy

Reaction score

They could also change up the lines for the cutscenes depending on your evil/goodness.

I think this idea would be awesome in the game. I always liked the silent hero though; always made me feel like the hero by it not making decisions on dialogue for me eg he says something about how bad bandits are when I myself love bandits. I guess a way they could solve that would be to give you choices of what to say but I really don't like those in games they take you away from immersion.

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

Yes. Remember the little slide thing with words on them? You said those words. Even though you did not hear them.

Reaction score

:unsure:
Benjamin510;411484 said:
Yes. Remember the little slide thing with words on them? You said those words. Even though you did not hear them.

Yeah I know haha! I meant in terms of hearing Your character actually talking with sound instead of just words on the screen. :lol:

(Sigh...) I hope they announce a new Elder Scrolls soon... :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.