• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III Wallpaper Competition?

Aye, Nae?

• Total voters

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Fable III Wallpaper Competition?

This thread made me think for a moment.

What do you guys think about holding a Fable III wallpaper competition? Doesn't matter how it looks, bad or good, as long as it's Fable 3 related.

I thought it'd be a nice idea. You can consider it a chance to improve - even in the slightest - your graphic skills. ;)

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Re: Fable III Wallpaper Competition?

God_Wills_It_Cat_Knight_Cat_trashing_lady_outed_by_internet_in_less_than_24_hours-s500x600-88292.jpg

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

God wills it indeed.

So, I guess the local SOTW announcer will want to post this competition whenever applicable?

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

this needs to be a sticky

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Gakoyu Ojima;435540 said:
So, I guess the local SOTW announcer will want to post this competition whenever applicable?

I guess that's me...(he is talking about me...right?) :ninja:

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Yes, I'm talking about you Necromancer. Who else holds the weekly SOTW? ;)

It'd be great to have this competition going and ending at the same date of Fable's release (either 26th of 29th, your choice).

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

When this competition will begin? Before the game's release or afterwards?

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

I'd personally prefer getting it started two weeks before world-wide's first release (26th of October), and ending the competition one week prior to release. Then we'll have a week (7 days prior to 26th) for voting.

It's up to Necromancer how this goes on, though. Just stating my preference.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

I find this unfair though, I believe we should wait up to the PC release and then have a few days to create our wallpapers. We can't make wallpapers out of the (least but not enough) Material that Lionhead has released.

At least, in my opinion.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

That's true. But then again, making wallpapers doesn't require stocks per se. Surely nice, but as far as I know, there's a lot of concept art and general release that Lionhead had shown in public. Not to mention there were several screenshot threads -- disregarding the fact that most threads have same content.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

I think it's better to have a certain freedom when it comes making wallpapers, I don't want to make copy-pastes, literally a collage and then call it a wallpaper. If I were to create something then I would like to create something (for a competition) That works for me, especially because I can make something that I will like and I can find acceptable.

At least, that's how I think about the matter, perhaps other people don't mind about image quality or such freedom when it comes down to wallpapers, or competitions.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

I think it's better to have a certain freedom when it comes making wallpapers, I don't want to make copy-pastes, literally a collage and then call it a wallpaper. If I were to create something then I would like to create something (for a competition) That works for me, especially because I can make something that I will like and I can find acceptable.

At least, that's how I think about the matter, perhaps other people don't mind about image quality or such freedom when it comes down to wallpapers, or competitions.

thats half the challange ;)

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I can start it tomorrow when the sig battles end and begin. Although, I'm not really familiar with this whole wallpaper thing. What would they be like, and what kinds of requirements should we have for entries?

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
This is what I would have in mind:

1.) Must adhere to said theme
2.) Musn't contain "leaked" media such as the recent art-book incident
3.) May or may not contain a "Projectego.net" watermark
4.) Musn't be an extremely oversized wallpaper. Nobody, or at least, the majority, isn't using 40" monitors.
5.) Should be your own work
6.) May or may not exist out of stocks
7.) May or may not contain user-name, considering people might want to use the wallpaper on their desktop

That's all I can think of, personally.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
This is what I would have in mind:

2.) Musn't contain "leaked" media such as the recent art-book incident

That's all I can think of, personally.

aww why not :( that would be awesome

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Because then Lionhead would have to contact the staff of Projectego again, such as very recently, about the leaked information or art.