• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III: Weapon Morphing and It's "Seeds" to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
Fable III: Weapon Morphing and It's "Seeds" to do so

Please Sticky!! =D <-- Don't deny a face like that

I believe this is a topic that hasn't be collectively available, and I would like to try to gather as much opinion, fact, and speculation on the subject. With the help of the Ego Community, we should have many answers before release when we start filling the world with jizz. (Thanks PM)

Now a quick guide

Black is Opinion
Green is Confirmed

if you have something to add or something to disprove, please bring evidence and I will gladly fix it.

The Basics

Weapon Morphing - In Fable III the morphing of your Hero from previous games as been put on Weapons as well. With over 88000+ combinations, PM hopes for your hero to look different because of your choices. 'Flags' commonly used by the forums, are the programming elements that turn on or off, when certain things are done in your save. Your Fable III Gamerscore, will act as the Random "seed" to make your weapon as unique as possible

Cofirmed by http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/06/fable-3-gamerscore/ provided by Some idiot who doesn't want to be credited

System

- It seems that Weapons are Rated from 1 to 5 Stars. (confirmed - http://eat-games.blogspot.com/2010/07/fable-3-interview-peter-molyneux.html )
The more you use them, the more powerful they become. It has not been speculated if it stops morphing after level 5.

- I believe you also pick from a couple of "blanks" for a starting design

Weapon Morph Locking
- It hasn't been said if you can stop morphing a weapons appearance when you want. For example, If you like the way your weapon turned out when it was 3 stars, can you lock that look, and still make it a level 5 in damage, defense, etc.

Item Doesn't lock when you trade it to someone, it will continue to change (confirmed - http://eat-games.blogspot.com/2010/07/fable-3-interview-peter-molyneux.html )

Weapon Types - I beleive tyou get to choose one type of Melee and ranged at the beginning of your quest. Please can someone confirm or not.(if anyone could link me to the weapon choices, and how it works, that would be wonderful)
Melee:
1. Swords
2. Hammers

Ranged:
1. Pistols
2.Rifles

Magic:
1.Gauntlets

Name of Weapon

Its been stated that your weapons will be named from you when you trade them, example "Project Ego's Blade of (whatever you want)
Confirmed - http://www.destructoid.com/x10-hands-off-with-fable-iii-163406.phtml

Parts of the Weapons That Change
Colour
texture
What's written on them
Size
Length
Sharpness
Curvature
Dripping Bloood
Glowing (Confirmed - http://kotaku.com/5469995/fable-iiis-three-big-innovations-touch-weapons-and-kingly-responsibility )

What affects Weapon Morphing

Things you Kill - color, texture, what's written on them
how often you fight and the duration of those battles - size, length, sharpness, curvature
Killing Innocents - Dripping Blood
Killing Evil Beings - Glows
(Confirmed with http://kotaku.com/5469995/fable-iiis-three-big-innovations-touch-weapons-and-kingly-responsibility )

Gamerscore
- This one is tricky. Its acts as the random seed to determine how your weapon will be different , but the what Gamerscore has been confirmed,
Your Fable III Achievements Unfortunately, it hasn't been said if its your score, for example ; your 80/1000 for Fable III, or if its just which ones you have. Different combinations of earned achievements can equal the same number, so who knows.
(Confirmed by Stranger with http://lionhead.com/forums/p/282371/3436200.aspx#3436200 )

Number of Kills (confirmed - http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/11/peter-molyneux-explains-fable-3-menu-morphing-systems/ )

Attack Types - Quick attacks Shorten blade, and holding attacks make it longer
How Many Times you did a specific action in combat - Curvature
How Many times you've died - Notches (Confirmed - http://eat-games.blogspot.com/2010/07/fable-3-interview-peter-molyneux.html )

Things Not quite confirmed (any links with proof would be sweet)

Alignment
Fable III minor choices
Status
Wealth (I believe this was written in an article somewhere, can anyone link?)
Fable II Game Save choices
Family type
Sexual Orientation
Wardrobe/Style

Enemies That will affect Morphing

I do not know the whole list of enemies but here are some. Also Killing only one type of enemy may affect the weapon drastically.

Enemies/ things that can be killed (Link more enemies)
Balverines
Wolves
Hollow Men
Hobbes
Innocents
Guards
Bandits
Trolls
Banshees

Subgroups of Enemies

Its possible that enemies have been put in groups for morphing, similar enemies in similar groups, so maybe killing one type of group instead of just one type of enemy will affect the weapon.

Possible Sub Groups:

Balverine/Wolves Club - well Baleverines and Wolves (Wolfsbane hinted this)

Undead - Banshees, Hollow Men, Skeletons

Wild Animals - Wolves, possibly whatever else they have, maybe the squirrels your dog hates

Townsfolk - Innocents, Guards, priests, the like

Evils Humans - Bandits... and... not sure what else is Evil that is humanoid in fable, ooo Pirates

Trolls - All types of Trolls, doesn;t really make sense but whatever!!!

Snow Creatures - Snow trolls, snow balverines, wolves, whatever

Jack of All Trades or killing...
If your a casual player, or simple don't care, what happens to your weapon when you kill everything and anything, no one knows

Legendary Weapons/ Extra Content

Will Legendary and pre order content stuff be able to change? I do not know

Rat;436366 said:
Actually, there are upgrades unique to each legendary weapon. I think these replace morphs.

Check the achievements list. :)

The end: Currently Its late and im a little tired, so thats all that is really on my mind. I hope this list can grow and become more sophisticated with sleep and of course your help, ENJOY!!!

unholy scissors

Reaction score
Re: Fable III: Weapon Morphing and It's &quot;Seeds&quot; to do so

see I told you everything level 5 even the weapons.

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score

Indeed

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

Can you stop making topics already? You've made 10 in the last week, most of which are just asking people questions.

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score

POOP;436142 said:
Can you stop making topics already? You've made 10 in the last week, most of which are just asking people questions.

First off, my understanding of a forum Is to discuss and ask questions. Unfortunately im not on everyday, but in spurts so my threads rack up. My threads seem to be staying near the top recenly as well meaning they are active. Ask others to stop responding to me if it's a problem.

Secondly this thread for the benefit for all, also the only resource all about weapon morphin collectively Stop trying to POOP on peoples days

Dentie

Reaction score

I think its a good topic i didnt know about all the green things ;) +rep

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score

Thank you

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

Robmokron;436149 said:
First off, my understanding of a forum Is to discuss and ask questions. Unfortunately im not on everyday, but in spurts so my threads rack up. My threads seem to be staying near the top recenly as well meaning they are active. Ask others to stop responding to me if it's a problem.

Secondly this thread for the benefit for all, also the only resource all about weapon morphin collectively Stop trying to POOP on peoples days
This topic was fine. Most of your topics would be fine if there was only one of them. You're not supposed to make as many topics as possible. It's better to search for one that fits and post in it.

Lynne

Reaction score

Why can't we ***** people out in PM instead of in their thread where they may or may not become defensive and then the entire topic, which I think is a good one, becomes a rehash of *****iness? Fight about what should or should not have been posted privately, please. I like this thread and seems to me it took some time to put together. On topic, I'm thinking we're not going to know much more at all about the weapon morphing system for a few more weeks till we get ahold of the game.

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score

So the thing i'm most confused about is 'weapon locking'.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

POOP;436142 said:

Quit telling him what to do, members are free to make as many topics as they want as long as they aren't offensive and spam-filled. At least the guy is actually making threads that spark discussion rather than going around *****ing to people. Don't want to be bothered with his topics? Then don't click on them.

I advise you leave him alone.

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score

Lynne;436222 said:
Why can't we ***** people out in PM instead of in their thread where they may or may not become defensive and then the entire topic, which I think is a good one, becomes a rehash of *****iness? Fight about what should or should not have been posted privately, please. I like this thread and seems to me it took some time to put together. On topic, I'm thinking we're not going to know much more at all about the weapon morphing system for a few more weeks till we get ahold of the game.

I appreciate that u understand it took me awhile to do this , but your probably right about morphing

The weapon locking is just a concept for stopping the morphing if the weapon

FableAddict

Reaction score

Very good post, it contained information that i did not know +rep.

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score

Thankf for comments everyone, and I did a small update thanks to Stranger

Sanguinus

Angelus Mortis
Reaction score

I thought that axes were not in fable three

BowerstoneInFlames

Anarchist In Training
Reaction score

Very interesting indeed, I just hope that with the claimed 80,000+ possible customisations that having a short and curve sword will make it turn into a sickle :) a blood dripping sickle would look pretty bad ass.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

Sanguinus;436315 said:
I thought that axes were not in fable three

They definitely are. Watch some of the earlier play demos, you'll see one.

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score

Not only that, pm uses them for examples when he speaks about the game sometimes

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

looks pretty sweet, like others said, i am very intrigued if the weapon there is weapon locking. but i wonder if they would also allow the future owner of the weapon to lock it too, as i am gonna start a weapon shop when the game starts.

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score

First off I posted what YOU sent me, second there are going to be one element "seeds" that affect ur weapon. For example (again there will maybe more "seeds" in the game, just an example to explain a

Weapon A: crazy weapon of hobbe killing

Hobbe seed:eek:n
Mostly fast attack seed(will affect curvature and/or length for example): off
Alignment good seed:eek:n
Alignment pure seed: on

Weapon b: ballerina weapon of death

Hobbe seed:eek:ff
Mostly fast attack seed(will affect curvature and/or length for example): on
Alignment good seed:eek:ff
Alignment pure seed: on

Again this is only a fraction of how it may look like. But the point is there. It's gonna work similar to RPGs that have file transfers like mass effect, dragon age and of course fable 2. They call them flags, but the programming can recognize when a flag is turn on or off.

For example let's say in mass effect 1 you romance npc a. A romance flag is turned on for npc a in the save file. When you transfer a game save to a sequel, it transfers the flags so it can recognize what to do in he new game. The morphing will work similar but on he one game of course

Lastly, stranger, I didn't green text my seed area, or what you posted to write. What is written isn't confirm and no one knows exactly how it works. So you can't jump in being rude thinking someone is just wrong when there is nothing cofirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.