• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable IV Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
Actually, building upon my "tribal" idea, maybe Albion, at the dawn of complex civilization, is split up into various tribes in regions such as Bower lake, Aurora, mountain-place, etc... So you have to unify all these tribes and create the Kingdom of Albion, becoming King and stuffs... Then, when they make a later one, everything you had done in the IVth would be adopted into the Vth.

Actually, I rather like that! It could be sort of an iron age kind of setting, and the focus would be on building up and eventually merging the discrete, even nomadic cultures of the various tribes. There'd be castles and hill forts and whatnot, and it wouldn't all be ruinous and in disrepair - what we'd be seeing would be the ruins of Fable 2 and 3, but in their glory days.

The combat would be raw and brutal, with elemental magic. Perhaps we'd even see the beginnings of the hero's guild? Just spitballin' here.

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but you keep stating you opinions as if they were facts, and that irritates me highly. And for the record, I think Borderlands is a fu*cking amazing.
I dont fill like reading what he said, but ya dude i liked borderlands, i didnt think it would be my type of game, but i liked it, i was the sniper the whole way

Veryl

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with blazefire17 as much as I am enjoying Fable 3...I was looking forward to really being the king. I must admit my expectations were probably too high--I was hoping I could be choosing economic systems, literally erecting or tearing down buildings, sending troops to do my bidding, hosting masquerades and feasts and giving grand speeches...etc....

A Fable that really went in depth like this would be, IMO, awesome. Would it even NEED to be Fable IV? I would be happy if it was like a Fable 3.5 or something. Still a standalone game, but one that would be much better if you carried over your Fable 3 save. Perhaps throughout it you would age, and really shape Albion's future, and if that could somehow influence the course the actual Fable IV took...Hmm...I should probably stop thinking about this. Pretty soon I'll get so many ideas that I'll just end up depressing myself due to there utter unlikeliness.

Or they can make it so that when you load up Fable 4 you play as your hero in Fable 3 and at some point in the game something happens that requires the need of a hero. Like your King or Queen dying. (Your Fable 3 Hero) So from then on you play as the Son or daughter of the fallen king or queen. They could add alot of cool game elements like teaching your child to fight with a sword and use magic so that he can take your place. I guess they can just make the Fable 3 hero an NPC if people don't like playing one hero and then having to switch part way thought the game.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but you keep stating you opinions as if they were facts, and that irritates me highly. And for the record, I think Borderlands is a fu*cking amazing.

Really? Because I'm getting that same vibe from your post.

And for the record, I don't care. I've played Borderlands and it offers nothing that other games don't do a million times better. It fails as an RPG and it fails as a FPS. It had a great deal of potential just like Fable II and Fable III did but once again, the developers felt it was necessary to gimp the game for whatever reason.

Reaction score
Ignoring the arguing going on, I like the concept of a game taking place in the old kingdom. Who knows? Maybe you'll end up as Nostro and found the guild, or start as William Black and Defeat the court for Albion! Just as long as there's no "Your health is low!" If you were Nostro, you'd start out as, like, a bandit and eventually found the guild with the help of Scythe or something, or maybe he can just make an appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.