• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable Keeps restarting and won't let me play

K

koolkid18

Fable Keeps restarting and won't let me play

OK well I search the internet and forums and there was a similar post to this, but it was never answered and ended up being closed. So here is the problem

I have Fable TLC for Xbox and everytime I start the game it will not let me skip the intro until it reaches the top of the window (during the intro). It is as if my controller doesn't work until it gets back the top pf the window in the intro part. So when it is there I press a button ( i have tried them all) and all it does is reset the intro, like takes me all the way back to the start where the guy is putting his sword in the ground. Then i have to wait until the top of the window again before I can press anything.

I have tried using a new controller, deleting the old saved games and such. Also I want to mention at rare times I do manage to get pass the intro and play the game however I may end up having to go through the intro 50times before I can finally get passed it (that is how I have saved games).

Anyone know what the problem is? Any ideas how to fix it so I do not have to wait and watch the intro 50+ times jsut to play the game?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable Keeps restarting and won't let me play

Tried it on another Xbox or tried another copy on Fable on your own xbox to see if its the disk or your console?

K

koolkid18

I dont have access to either. BTW all my other XBOX games work fine. Any other ideas?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

koolkid18;79146 said:
I dont have access to either. BTW all my other XBOX games work fine. Any other ideas?

Could just be a faulty disk by sounds of it.

K

koolkid18

Dang thats too bad for me. I have had the game for awhile though so I probabaly can't return it to the manufactuer huh? Guess I won't be able to play it any more :(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

koolkid18;79154 said:
Dang thats too bad for me. I have had the game for awhile though so I probabaly can't return it to the manufactuer huh? Guess I won't be able to play it any more :(

Just a guess but thats what it sounds like anyway...

N

neslord

ive got the exact same problem,
ive had the original Fable and that just wouldnt read at all that got swapped for another game a couple of years back
im on my third copy of TLC and all i can do is watch the intro over + over did you ever get it resolved what the heck is wrong with my xbox??
every other game ive had has worked fine even 2nd hand ones :wacko:

T

Telvak

I got the very same error just now. Wierd thing is I just finished the game this first time, started a new game, saved, quit and came back a few hours later.

Think maybe it's a glitch that happens once you have a completed save file on your XBox HD? I don't know, I'm just shooting in the dark here.

H

HodgePodge

Have you tried not skipping the intro? Like just letting it play through?

K

koolkid18

Well I have not complete a whole game yet so having that type of save file couln't be the problem. I have delete all my save files and still nothing. Also I have let the intro play all the way through, but it will just start over again when it is done.

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

OMG I will tell you guys this once on xbox you have to wait til the window to get to the start menu and after you play your xbox fable again and haven't played anything else since the last time you played fable you can skip everything because the game is in its memory it can only keep memory of one games start up at a time.

K

koolkid18

what do you mean you have to wait until the window to get to the start menu....do you mean during the intro right when i see the window do i press start or do I wait until the top of the window. Can you please explain.

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

When it reaches the window and goes up it a bit press A snd bam start menu!

N

Nefarious

This happened to me alot before I got TLC...my original Fable disc was scratched like crazy and my Xbox is about to break....but anyway, I just kept trying, and eventually it worked...but you might want to let the whole intro go through...

fable3rules

Reaction score

HEy can u awenser this emhuh[coughing before speach]

The same things happening exept worse ill tell u all the big things when i get to the final boss fight[jack] im playing the origanal fable on the xbla download after i beat him it dosnt say i win anything [at the begining of the quest it says ill get stuff] im a good guy and spare sisters life when i beat him it go's through the cutscenes and credits ive tryed watching them and skipping them in every combonation after the credits it takes me back th the main menu i load my game and im back to my last auto save wtf plz help it wont let me play after it ps: it dosnt give me the items after i beat the quest

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

fable3rules;411619 said:
HEy can u awenser this emhuh[coughing before speach]

The same things happening exept worse ill tell u all the big things when i get to the final boss fight[jack] im playing the origanal fable on the xbla download after i beat him it dosnt say i win anything [at the begining of the quest it says ill get stuff] im a good guy and spare sisters life when i beat him it go's through the cutscenes and credits ive tryed watching them and skipping them in every combonation after the credits it takes me back th the main menu i load my game and im back to my last auto save wtf plz help it wont let me play after it ps: it dosnt give me the items after i beat the quest

Just leave the credits go then it should auto-save and you spawn at the now-destroyed Guild.

Oh, next time, read the dates. You have resurrected an ancient that existed at the time of the first Archon.

jwc2200

Reaction score

If you are playing the free download then you probably have the first version, not Lost Chapters. So, there is no more after the Jack fight in the Guild. I do not know that for sure, but I think so from what I read elsewhere.

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

You have to sit though the entire thing in the first one, then you can continue dicking around with the sword of aeons (if you got it..)