• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable Observations...!

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Fable Observations...!

At first, you're probably going to think that I'm simply looking to far into this.
Yes. Yes I am!! Bwah ah!! And I'll do it in my pants if need be!

Strong language throughout. Reader discrection is ill advised. Go on! read it! You know you want to! Look at how sexy my writing is! Don't you want to unlock the beautiful wonders this thread might hold the secrets to? Go onnnnnn.....

My observations are this.

- When you're a child, and Theresa approaches you about the magic box thing, Rose claims that 5 gold can feed them for a week. Now, it took them about 8 minutes to get that money. Why the hell are they starving and poor? It makes no sense!! If people are happy enough to give a kid money to do odd jobs, which they'll happily do, why the hell are these kids starving?!?!! It doesn't add up!

- What was it that Nicky the nickname wanted from Rose? At the start he says if she's thought about his offer, and she's says "We'll never be that hungry!" Do you ever wonder what the offer was? I always assumed it was some sort of sexual favour. The man's obviously a bad guy [as everything in Fable is pretty much morally black and white. See what I did there? Black and white! I'm such a cook!!]

- There's hardly any black people in Fable. Which is understandable. Most people don't seem to do much exploring over to Samarkind [where Whisper, Thunder and Garth hail from, assumedly a very hot country, judging from their dark skin tones] now I'm not trying to call PM racist, what I'm saying is why isn't there racism? I understand Albion is a fairytale world, but the game is rated 15 for a reason. You remember how people acted the first time explorers came upon Native Americans, or Africans? They were freaked the **** out!! As any historian will tell you, the first words spoken by someone who saw a non-white for the first time said "... What's wrong with their feet?" (History buffs will get this one. Every one else... WOOSH! Over your head!] I'm not saying there should be, maybe Albion is just a very tolerant place. Given that almost every town is an absolute impoverished **** hole full of muggers, prostitutes and crime, maybe they just think "Got bigger problems than crazy black dudes with white hair shooting fire, swords and Force Lightening out of their hands."

- Why did Lucien shoot the Hero? It makes no sense. A smart man like him would have taken the kid's under his wing. Raised them, and made them, oh, I dunno, want to give him a hug rather than a hundred arrows in the back of the skull!! If the hero had grown up to love him, rather than seek murderous revenge, then the Hero would be wayyyy less likely to try and foil Lucien's plans and actually help him! This furthers my belief that Theresa was behind EVERYTHING in Fable 2. [See this thread for more of this topic: Theresa Conspiracy Thread]

- What role did the magic musical fart box of wonder [the one you buy at the start of the game] actually play? First, you waste money on it so it can play a catchy sexytune and disappear. Then when you die it's all "go on, kid! Play me! Play meeee!" So you do and.... It ... revives you or something. Same thing a Ressurection Phial would have done. Oh wait. You don't die in this game anyway. I just don't know what the box was actually for.

- What in ****ting bloody christ is that on the box cover?!?!?!? When I saw that when I bought the game, I had an anal prolapse at how awesome I was gonna look as an evil hero... Then I was let down. "You're a little horny and uhm... Your eyes glow!! Anduhh... People are scared of you! oooohh!" What the hell!!! What a gyp.

- How come when I, a white Hero, marries a white female, do we produce a black child? When I first saw that I killed that cheating whore. you just know she's been screwing around. I bought her a ****ing castle!!! Pfft. I'm happy just running around killing hobbes. and wearing hot pants.

Well, I can't think of anything else I was a little confused over.

Thanks for reading. Now discuss! (and +rep me because you all love my half-arsed musings on this game.)

iPrefer Indica

Bowerstoner
Reaction score
Re: Fable Observations...!

Rat;385432 said:
- How come when I, a white Hero, marries a white female, do we produce a black child? When I first saw that I killed that cheating whore. you just know she's been screwing around. I bought her a ****ing castle!!! Pfft. I'm happy just running around killing hobbes. and wearing hot pants.

This, is full of win. Maybe she was banging Garth while you were out saving Albion.

anain12

Reaction score

HAha, you know what they say ''God's a mad scientist'' xDxP

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

anain12;385553 said:
HAha, you know what they say ''God's a mad scientist'' xDxP

I believe the phrase is "Avo is insane."

CurlySpoon

Is curly.
Reaction score

Rat;385432 said:
- Why did Lucien shoot the Hero? It makes no sense. A smart man like him would have taken the kid's under his wing. Raised them, and made them, oh, I dunno, want to give him a hug rather than a hundred arrows in the back of the skull!! If the hero had grown up to love him, rather than seek murderous revenge, then the Hero would be wayyyy less likely to try and foil Lucien's plans and actually help him! This furthers my belief that Theresa was behind EVERYTHING in Fable 2. [See this thread for more of this topic: Theresa Conspiracy Thread]

- What role did the magic musical fart box of wonder [the one you buy at the start of the game] actually play? First, you waste money on it so it can play a catchy sexytune and disappear. Then when you die it's all "go on, kid! Play me! Play meeee!" So you do and.... It ... revives you or something. Same thing a Ressurection Phial would have done. Oh wait. You don't die in this game anyway. I just don't know what the box was actually for.

Lucien shot the hero because he/she was the fourth. He didn't want his plan to stop???

Remember, Lucien said that Rose and the hero were able to use the magic box when other people couldn't do ;)

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

Has anyone noticed that the window in Lucien's study in Fairfax Castle is a picture of a Shard destroying the land

Lupus

Reaction score

CurlySpoon;385614 said:
Lucien shot the hero because he/she was the fourth. He didn't want his plan to stop???

Remember, Lucien said that Rose and the hero were able to use the magic box when other people couldn't do ;)

Yes thats right but the point Rat is making is a very good one and that if he was intelligent he would have taken the children in and formed a good relationship with them rather than killing them and harboring hatred.

However the flip side of this argument is that rather than sacrificing the time money and effort of raising these two children he shot them thus in his mind ending the threat. He had no way of knowing the boy could survive the fall.

jb0wns

Sword Pro ;)
Reaction score

iPrefer Indica;385483 said:
This, is full of win. Maybe she was banging Garth while you were out saving Albion.

lol i laughed pretty bad when i read this

SORAYISS

Reaction score

damn, you have some really good points. +rep

S

SunFox

mjmarin12;385626 said:
Has anyone noticed that the window in Lucien's study in Fairfax Castle is a picture of a Shard destroying the land

Even better. At the beginning of the game, you go flying through a stain glass window showing a man with a hood rising up through flames. And you also break the glass depicting the flames yourself. Later, in the Chamber of Fate, that same hooded man is revealed to be your heroic ancestor. So you literally rise from the flames like a phoenix to take down Lucien. Maybe if he had looked at the stain glass window a little more carefully, he would have known to avoid shooting you.
So, really Lupus, the truth was there in front of him, he was just too blind to see it.