• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable secrets put to rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jakeofblades

Fable secrets put to rest

I was looking at some files in Fable today and I found some things

1. The Singing Sword - There is a secret sword (somewhat) it's really called a Lute but is placed as a weapon that has 0 damage. it's under OBJECT_LUTE

2. The Sandgoose - This actually is in the coding but it's called CREATURE_BIGA**_CHICKEN

3. Neutral Wizard's Hat - It is coded in the game, but noone has found a way to get it.
OBJECT_HERO_HAT_WIZARD
OBJECT_HERO_HAT_WIZARD_EVIL
OBJECT_HERO_HAT_WIZARD_GOOD

4. The Talentless Bard Quest - This Quest even though it never shows up on your menu is apparently always active. In the coding it points to Snowspire and has something to do with Timmons. Still have not found a trigger for the event though.

5. Dragon Cliff - If you remember this from the original Fable, it's still in TLC but no trigger and still incomplete. The Dragon here though incomplete, still looks better than Jack does (It's the same dragon that's in the fresco in the Guild.)

6. The Mad Bomber - Taken out but animations and model file still there.

7. Trophy Dealer - Actually this is the Archeologist. Name was changed.

8. Secret Trophies - These are in the game but can only be attained through modding. Balverine's Head, Claw, Heroes Axe, Heroes Belt, Lobster Claw, Scrumpy Crate, Archeologist's Map, Dragon Scale and Maze's Head.

9. The Blacksmith's Hammer - This is in the game and you can get it but it's called the Frying Pan. No Idea why they changed it a hammer would have been alot better.

This is just some of the So-Called secrets of Fable.This should put some of the rumors to rest. Remember though that these can only be obtained through MODDING, and also just because it is in the coding DOES NOT mean that it is in the game. Most of the secrets in this game were left out because they were not finished, so instead of having quests that could not be started or finished but have quest cards for them they left alot out.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable secrets put to rest

Very interesting finds there, was a good read +rep :thumbsup:

S

SwordOfAeons

So theres no way to get the Lute and the Sandgoose?

B

blu phoenix

wow some very interesting stuff there...very neat...drakan you are right...twas a great read..enjoyed it meself!

J

jakeofblades

Here's a couple of more things that I found

1. The Blue Nymph crouches at a Quarter past Three - This one is still debated. Some say it's a trigger for a secret quest (but why hasn't it been found), but the most common theory on this is that it's Spy Code (a rip on spy movies). Nothing in coding to go either way.

2. The Music Box Figurine - Only obtainable through Modding. Supposedly part of the Talentless Bard quest.

3. Arena Revisited (Quest) - Still in coding. Most people think that this is the Arena Champion's Soul quest.

4. Minion Clifftop Chase (Quest) - Incomplete. No Trigger

5. Heroes Old House (Quest) - In the coding but incomplete.

6. Sparkles on ground in Hook Coast - I have heard rumors that these were a secret, but talk to the Oracle and he tells you that they mark the spots where the Monks died. Nothing in coding.

7. The Beggar you meet on your first trip out of the guild (guy getting bullied) - This guy is thought to be Timmons, but no matter what you do when you first meet him you never see him again. He is coded in again but no trigger to make him appear.

B

blu phoenix

wow where did you find this stuff...tis really cool and interesting!

S

SwordOfAeons

Could we see a pic of that dragon?

F

FableFreak

jakeofblades i commend and respect you for revealing and clarifying these disputed secrets. I didn't know abut half of these until now.

+ rep

B

blu phoenix

yeah i know jakeofblades i am suprised you knew all this stuff...

gave you a nice +rep for the info. thx!

J

jakeofblades

SwordOfAeons said:
Could we see a pic of that dragon?

The unfinished dragon is in the game. Go to the Chamber of Fate (where all the Fresco's are) and look at the one with you battling a dragon. That is the unfinished dragon from the original Fable not Jack. Also I messed up on my last post it is not the Better Bard quest it is the Talentless Bard.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

jakeofblades said:
Here's a couple of more things that I found

1. The Blue Nymph crouches at a Quarter past Three - This one is still debated. Some say it's a trigger for a secret quest (but why hasn't it been found), but the most common theory on this is that it's Spy Code (a rip on spy movies). Nothing in coding to go either way.

2. The Music Box Figurine - Only obtainable through Modding. Supposedly part of the Better Bard quest.

3. Arena Revisited (Quest) - Still in coding. Most people think that this is the Arena Champion's Soul quest.

4. Minion Clifftop Chase (Quest) - Incomplete. No Trigger

5. Heroes Old House (Quest) - In the coding but incomplete.

6. Sparkles on ground in Hook Coast - I have heard rumors that these were a secret, but talk to the Oracle and he tells you that they mark the spots where the Monks died. Nothing in coding.

7. The Beggar you meet on your first trip out of the guild (guy getting bullied) - This guy is thought to be Timmons, but no matter what you do when you first meet him you never see him again. He is coded in again but no trigger to make him appear.

Again some very interesting finds in there, +rep again :thumbsup:

Eclipse

The Legend
Reaction score

awesome info

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

regarding Scrumpy Crate. Everytime I took the guy to orchard farm (From look out point) He would talk about srumpy. And if I tried any. Also random fact;

The fire assassin description is VERY interesting;

"The fire assassins were members of a dragon cult out lawed by the old kingom. They burned the blood of their vitims in dark rituals intended to gain favour with the dragons of the north"

Mike398214

Death Ranger
Reaction score

You know what someone needs to do? Someone needs to get the attention of the game designers, and have them complete the unfinished business, and make it available for updates on X-box live. (And for online users on PC)

Any takers?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I think that'd ruin so much of the mythical "feeling" about Fable that these rumours are creating. But that's just me.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

But I want that "feeling" to go away It drives me crazy when I play. I'm all up for it. Lets track down the designers and be like "Singing sword..sandgoose...*twitch twitch*"

Mike398214

Death Ranger
Reaction score

Tsuyu;23239 said:
I think that'd ruin so much of the mythical "feeling" about Fable that these rumours are creating. But that's just me.

Mythical? You saying that all of these incompletions are mythical? These things are simply parts of the game the never bothered to complete. If they were actually unlockable secrets, would they have not revealed so already? Or wouldn't it have been found already by now? The whole "Better Bard" dude or whatever his name was who posted all those poem writtings, if they were actually correct, wouldn't there be codes in the game that would point at the locations he spoke about? Certain people with experience in codes and programing would be able to point out such things.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

there is a code called the talantless bard as a quest card in the coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.