• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable Shop trainer.

GrimWhim

Reaction score
Fable Shop trainer.

Now, I'm not normally the type of person who cheats but I AM a collector of all things rare or even the things that serve no purpose. The thing is, I want the Sword of Aeons but I do plan on destroying it in order to get Avo's Tear. I would also like to get all the clothing and books and keep them but in order to get the wizard hats, you have to give away your books and I believe some of them can't be gained again (not too sure about that).

Anyways, I downloaded the Fable Shop trainer but for some reason, as soon as I load it up, it freezes on me. I've used it before so I don't understand why it would be any different now. I did read that it would pop up as a virus in anti-virus programs (which it did) but is it possible that my AVG is completely preventing it from running?

I could really use help because I'd hate to not be able to use this and lose out on these items.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable Shop trainer.

Maybe, but I haven't fooled around with the fable trainer in a while. I really should get all my fable tools up and running again. You could try, disconectig from the internet (to prevent any virus intrusions) turn off your AVG for a limited time, and try the trainer again. If it DOES work then you know the problem. But not sure about the solution. ^_^

GrimWhim

Reaction score

There is a small part of me that believes AVG may be at fault considering I did not have it back when I first began playing but I have my doubts about that. I'll give that a shot and see what happens.

Apple Pie

BOOM! Headshot
Reaction score

It just happens that I have the same problem. That did not happen when I had windows XP installed.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Well... I got rid of AVG and now it's running just fine. I hate AVG... you can't even disable the damn thing temporarily, no, you have to remove it all! Oh well. I have a better anti-virus program in mind anyways.

Apple Pie

BOOM! Headshot
Reaction score

GrimWhim;416719 said:
Well... I got rid of AVG and now it's running just fine. I hate AVG... you can't even disable the damn thing temporarily, no, you have to remove it all! Oh well. I have a better anti-virus program in mind anyways.

As for me I disabled my anti-virus which is Avast 5. But was still freezing. I run the trainer in compatibility mode. But nothing. It worked on my old PC when I had Windows XP.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Glad you got it working. :D