• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable should be longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalphadoreGore2818

Reaction score
After playing both 2 and 3, I've noticed the game ends earlier than I would like. For Mass Effect 2, they resolve disc space by splitting the game between 2 discs. Do you guys think Fable should start this? The side quests should at least be re playable. After completing both games multiple times I am finding myself taking my time and even then am only taking about 5 hrs. to beat these flipping games, to me is one sitting.

Is this a common thought for many or am I mistaken?

(I love fable, and I am being forced to shelf them through boredom)

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
funny, i have my second playthrough of mass effect 2 playing the opening sequence at this very moment.

funnier still that two days ago i traded in Fable 3 to pay for it.

hands down, one of the best decisions i ever made.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I would trade my firstborn son for ME3 if I had to. Given the series' history, it should probably be around the greatest-ever-game mark.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Fable 3's story is long enough for its kind of game.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Not according to several of us.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
fable TLC is quite long... from what i can remember, 2's main quest is short but with the dlc and all the other side quests its a good length. and 3's story is long and with the dlc and side quests (not including the ones you have to do) its a really good length IMO

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
You step in a bar, you ask for a glass of whiskey and some random guy turns back and tells you "We don't like whiskey over here - just beer"

This is the same situation - I have an opinion about Fable III, regardless "the majority" thinks something else, it's just my opinion over a subject. You either like it or simply ignore it. There's no need to go around and point how "the majority" thinks about the same subject.

Nobody goes around saying "the majority likes X, you shouldn't like Y because more people like X"

All I meant was because you presented it as a fact. Didn't mean to imply that you were somehow incorrect.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
I was told that people felt like they had to buy the DLC in order to feel like they have played a full game, and that tells me that there's legitimate reason to say that there's an issue with the duration of Fable 2 and Fable 3. But again, as I haven't played, I cannot firmly stand by that as I wouldn't know.

what you say about Tlc though is very true some items you only have one chance of getting (ie: frying pan, The Avenger) and if you screw up... well to bad try again

Fable 2 only took me like 4-5 days to practically 100% complete, the Knothole island dlc helped but it took way the games only harsh consequents (reviving you dog or getting rid of scars)

3's i felt was solid. the main story took me about 8-10 hours to play through and getting all the flowers, keys, gnomes took me a whole another week (i refuse to use cheat guides :p) the first dlc was utter ****. The second one though was very fun even added a new daemon door

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
TLC remains my favorite of the series.

With Fable 2 it didn't entertain me as much as TLC, but at least by the end I felt a sense of closure.

Fable 3 just didn't feel like a finished product. It was pretty, and it played well, but the story runs face first in to a brick wall just as things start to get interesting.

Rose's Guardian

Reaction score
I think that if fable 4 comes out they shuold split into two discs so it could be twise as long and we wuold not be haveing this argument. but I wuold have to say that fable is one of the best games I have ever pllayed and I have pllayed alot of games:cool:

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
well, sir, that was a bit of a bump. now if I may say,
"WOW THIS IS A REVOLUTIONARY THOUGHT THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS THOUGHT OF BEFORE A MILLION TIMES" /end sarcasm

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Fable 3 just didn't feel like a finished product. It was pretty, and it played well, but the story runs face first in to a brick wall just as things start to get interesting.

With the Traitor's Keep dlc, Fable 3 finally felt proper and whole to me, and it was really fun to finally be on the other end of the revolution. You were against the king, and once you're king, there are those against you. This, I like. However, Lionhead should have included this dlc, along with the Understone dlc and the other stuff on LIVE, in the main game. The dlc for the game was ready from Day One, which should leave no excuse for leaving them out of the main game. Had they included the dlc in the first place, Lionhead wouldn't have been shamed, and the Fable series wouldn't have fallen from "Game of the Year" to "a disappointment".

Status
Not open for further replies.