• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable XBOX Original Glitched Like Crazy

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I long since lost my copy of the original Fable and recently realized that I had purchased the XBOX Original from the XBL Marketplace.
First complaint is that it isn't Fable: The Lost Chapters.
Second is the CRAZY number of texture glitches.

For starters, changing your tattoos causes the game to freeze for several seconds.

Now for the others.
As my characters physique levels up, the game loads parts of his body as green. His face or the front of the back of his torso will load and come out bright lime green. Don't ask me why. This one is extremely common. You will encounter it multiple times in each playthrough. There's no excuse for releasing the game digitally without fixing it.

At odd points in the game, a plane of texture will load and just be jutting out of the ground. You can walk through it and it's transparent on one side.

I just encountered a new one while replaying the arena. Those classy Union Jack underpants have loaded on top of the arena sand. There's lines of 'em going across and it looks utterly ridiculous (though it is by far the funniest glitch I've encountered). I tried to get a photo of it just now but when I unpaused my game, it was unfortunately gone. :(

Long story short: Don't play Fable through XBOX Live Marketplace if it's your first playthrough. It positively ruins the game. If you've played it before, maybe you can look past.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It does the same with the retail version was an infamous thread years ago about the random things that could happen. I remember vines and chocolate boxes randomly showing as tattoos as well as butterflies. My characters head ended up looking like it was made from wood and he had green eyes and kept losing his hair.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
It does the same with the retail version was an infamous thread years ago about the random things that could happen. I remember vines and chocolate boxes randomly showing as tattoos as well as butterflies. My characters head ended up looking like it was made from wood and he had green eyes and kept losing his hair.

:O
Strange. I don't remember it being that glitchy running off disc, though I guess it has been years.

Think it's a backwards compatible issue? Or were they happening for you on the original XBOX as well?

EDIT: Oh dear. The game just forgot to load my hair. I'm bald now.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
:O
Strange. I don't remember it being that glitchy running off disc, though I guess it has been years.

Think it's a backwards compatible issue? Or were they happening for you on the original XBOX as well?

EDIT: Oh dear. The game just forgot to load my hair. I'm bald now.

It seems to be a compatibility issue as didnt happen on the original Xbox. Yeah I had the baldness and partially loading hair.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I never had this problem. I remember the thread drunkles is talking about.

I remember it was called 'My tattooist got into the scrumpy' or something to that effect but think it was lost into the abyss with the upgrade.

DieselFuelOnly

Pardon cheez while he gets classy
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm late to the party, but the other day when I was playing Fable(non TLC) off the disk on my 360, I started a new playthrough and after I did the bow training at the guild, every building on the map had the guild grass texture applied...