• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable3.exe has encountered a problem...

Ewan Phillips

Reaction score
Hello Fable forums,

I just purchased Fable 3 for PC and have successfully installed the game with no problems. Activating/Registering the game online was no problem either. However, when I try and launch the game, the screen goes black and Windows Live drops down asking me to log into my Windows Live account (which I have)

Before I even get a chance to, the game cuts back to the desktop and I get the error message

"Fable3.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are very sorry for the inconvenience."

I'm not sure what could be causing this. I looked up solutions and I was told to try rebooting (which did nothing) turning off AGP Textures in DxDiag (which also did nothing). I also turned off Avast and Zonealarm to no avail. Here are my system specifications:

Motherboard: Abit KN9 (NF-MCP55 series)
Chipset: nVidia nFordce 550
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2400MHz
RAM: 2048MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM)
Graphics Card: Radeon X1650 Series
Hard Disk Western Digital 250GB

Please hit me with suggestions and solutions. I really want to play this game! : )

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Have you updated your drivers? Like for both your nVidia graphic drivers and sound drivers. People usually get this error when the drivers for either the graphic cards or the soundblast cards are outdated.

Ewan Phillips

Reaction score
No I haven't done either of those. I will try both and get back to you.

Ewan Phillips

Reaction score
Have you updated your drivers? Like for both your nVidia graphic drivers and sound drivers. People usually get this error when the drivers for either the graphic cards or the soundblast cards are outdated.

Ok, so I tried updating both my sound and Chipset drivers and still no luck. Any other suggestions? : (

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Tried updating/reinstalling games for windows live?

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Tried updating/reinstalling games for windows live?

Yeah, that's all I can think of as well. Try reinstalling Games For Windows Live.

EDIT: I noticed that you have a chipset as well as a proper card. Did you go into your graphic card's control panel and set which card the game runs on?