• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fan art/fan fiction.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
IZ50S7s.jpg

No. No-no-no-no-no. No.

That right there is a particularly bad example of fan art. Now I know that the artist must have taken a lot of time to do this, and yes they're clearly very talented but sh*tgoddamnwhy. There's things that should be seen, and that is not one of them. Even rule 34 is better than that.

Fan art can be a wonderful thing, and I actually make use of a lot of it for wallpapers and such. Many talented artists out there.

As for Fan Fiction, I'm really touch and go with most of it. Fan fiction was what brought us the horror known as 50 Shades Of Grey after all. And that wasn't even the worst of it.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I admire the skill of some fan art, but a lot of it borders insane, stupid, or downright creepy.
As for fan fiction, I have written a few and my most favored short story was a fan fiction I wrote a long time back; but I try to stay away from other people's because a lot of people seem to write fan fiction just to one-up each other in weirdness.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I'm afraid you might be going mad.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I admire the skill of some fan art, but a lot of it borders insane, stupid, or downright creepy.
As for fan fiction, I have written a few and my most favored short story was a fan fiction I wrote a long time back; but I try to stay away from other people's because a lot of people seem to write fan fiction just to one-up each other in weirdness.

I think it's at its weirdest when authors pair up odd couples for romantic/erotic fan fiction. We're talking Barney the Dinosaur + Solid Snake weirdness. I have no idea if that fan faction exists for real and I don't want to know, but I wouldn't put it past the internet.

Coming from you, I'd say that was a compliment. :thumbsup:

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I think it's at its weirdest when authors pair up odd couples for romantic/erotic fan fiction. We're talking Barney the Dinosaur + Solid Snake weirdness. I have no idea if that fan faction exists for real and I don't want to know, but I wouldn't put it past the internet.
I can create that for you by Friday (I have a busy schedule) in all honesty though I can see people wanting unlikely romance between their favorite characters, but some just are too crazy, such as your example; humans can't whoopie dinosaurs, it damages my frail sanity.

I prefer the term physchotically enlightened.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I don't do fanfiction anymore. In fact, I wonder every time I log onto a fable forum; Why I ever did do fanfiction?

I also do my best to avoid fanart, except for the artists I trust on DA. There is some serious talent on Deviant Art, here's a few of my favs.

Bladerunner
dystopia_by_jonasdero-d6xrvil.jpg

GTAV
grand_theft_auto_v_by_patrickbrown-d6gt95b.jpg

Dragonball Series
female_saiyan_by_kukuruyosechs-d4k4mgf.jpg

Ass Creed
Assassin__s_Creed_fanart_by_luulala.jpg

I could go on all day but I wont.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Art.

I think a lesbian Zelda would be awesome.

I was actually just about to post up some fan fiction of Fable 2 where instead Theresa had died and your mentor and choices throughout the game where made by Jack.​

Last edited:

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I was actually just about to post up some fan fiction of Fable 2 where instead Theresa had died and your mentor and choices throughout the game where made by Jack.​

Do eiiiiiittttt.

I swear I'm the only person who still posts in that board any more, definitely needs some activity.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Do eiiiiiittttt.

I swear I'm the only person who still posts in that board any more, definitely needs some activity.
I haven't drawn or read a book in ages I'm so rusty right now, and besides, even if I posted anything passable, I must have stolen it from somebody else who thought of it first.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I haven't drawn or read a book in ages I'm so rusty right now, and besides, even if I posted anything passable, I must have stolen it from somebody else who thought of it first.

Plagiarism is a means to an end, don't be afraid of being influenced by other writers - it's how you'll grow as a writer. If you feel your writing is suffering that much then I'd be happy to help you out via private Messaging. ;)

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Plagiarism is a means to an end, don't be afraid of being influenced by other writers - it's how you'll grow as a writer. If you feel your writing is suffering that much then I'd be happy to help you out via private Messaging. ;)
Thanks dude I really appreciate it, but this is my first day off in 9 days and I'm not doing shat today, plus I broke my scanner and I'd have to steal photoshop again. Tomorrow I might post it up tho, if I feel like it.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
lol, now I can't escape this thread it's everywhere.
grill_zps6tboad1c.jpg

taylor_zpsyjnsxmhd.jpg

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm totally shipping Hermie and Zarkes right now.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
To Isla Fan Fiction, where you will continuously pleasure each other at the whim of Internet people in various improbable situations.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Hermit and Zarkes sitting in a tree,
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes love,
then comes...

You get the idea.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Actually grammar comes first.

Then love. Love is secondary to grammar. Always.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
But--but--but, love is a many splendored thing, love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love!