• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favourite RETRO Game? (before 2005)

schala

Alice in Winterland
Reaction score
but it's a decade and a half old.....? in the grand history of video games that's a pretty significant chunk of time.
i beg to differ: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_console

we're considered to be in the 7th generation of video game consoles and the playstation was considered 5th generation... that's 4 whole generations of game systems and software goodies prior to the playstation and that's hardly retro in my books.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
i beg to differ: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_console

we're considered to be in the 7th generation of video game consoles and the playstation was considered 5th generation... that's 4 whole generations of game systems and software goodies prior to the playstation and that's hardly retro in my books.
the number of generations isn't what's important, it's the scale of time.
according to that article the very first computer games sprung up in the 1950's. that's 60 years ago, with the PS sitting at 15 years.
you wouldn't say the last quarter of the history of video games is a pretty significant chunk?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It's 2011, .. 1994 is retro enough.

schala

Alice in Winterland
Reaction score
i think i'm in the wrong age group

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
i think i'm in the wrong age group
well i'm sorry you feel that way, i didn't mean to alienate you or anything! i was only trying to make a point. :)

schala

Alice in Winterland
Reaction score
nah, just thinking that i suppose it's retro depending on your age group... i mean, think about it:

10 years is a lot for a 13 yr old, but not so much for a 33 yr old. so the notion of "retro" is relative

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
nah, just thinking that i suppose it's retro depending on your age group... i mean, think about it:

10 years is a lot for a 13 yr old, but not so much for a 33 yr old. so the notion of "retro" is relative

10 years is a lot for me, and I'm 27! I just got out of high school 10 years ago.... now that takes me back...

Mm, no but seriously.. I understand where you're coming from.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
One of my favorite games is on my old SNES console, called : Battletoads battlemaniacs
Its an amazing game - that i never completed, prob. why i look back on it so well lol. I could get past lvl 1+2 and then the bonus level, but the 3rd level - the "wind tunnel", was such a hard level it had me suck on it for ages, then the console got packed away for the newer generations that came around, everynow and then i'll play my SNES - play zelda ( another amazing game ) etc and mabey 2-3 years ago played battletoads and actually got past level 3 :-O only to be bested in level 4 X, with no saves available you always have to start from scratch when all your continues are up, but i still enjoy playing it every now and then, having my arm turn into a hammer to smack the skeletons and multi-cultured pigs that attack me .....honestly lol.

30n8bgz.jpg

Decided to add a picture of the box, ma$bey jog the memory of anyone who may have played it lol.