• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FIFA 11 has Be A Goalkeeper mode

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
FIFA 11 has Be A Goalkeeper mode

As a Fifa fan this is interesting and would make for some great online games without a silly AI goalkeeper mistake ruining a game.​

CVG said:
EA has announced that FIFA 11 will have a new Be A Goalkeeper mode - meaning true 11 vs 11 online matches.

It will have differing degrees of accessibility with AI assisting if you need help, as you play in goalie in Career Mode or create yourself as the goalie in Virtual Pro 2.0.

You can also play as the goalkeeper online, allowing for full 11 player vs 11 player matches in multiplayer.​

EA said:
The phenomenal growth of online gaming and the desire of our fans to be able to play as the goalie was the driving force behind this innovation for FIFA 11. Friends can play alongside each other in their pro clubs with all 11 virtual players on the pitch human controlled. We have finally replicated football in the virtual world.​

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Re: FIFA 11 has Be A Goalkeeper mode

That sounds... Interesting. I think the one problem every FIFA has had is the goalkeeper.

Maybe they'll make Be a Referee mode and stop the Ref making stupid decisions. :)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;417107 said:
That sounds... Interesting. I think the one problem every FIFA has had is the goalkeeper.

Maybe they'll make Be a Referee mode and stop the Ref making stupid decisions. :)

One thing i noticed that was an annoying problem was the offside issues. For example i was classed as offside because striker took a shot and hit bar and player who ran past last defender (after ball had been kicked) touched ball and it was classed as offside. Also if an opposition player tried to clear the ball and hit another of his own players and a player of yours who wasnt in an offside position when ball was kicked but was to receive the ball due to the deflection gets it thats classed as offside. Hard to explain but in real life they wouldnt be offside.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;417113 said:
One thing i noticed that was an annoying problem was the offside issues. For example i was classed as offside because striker took a shot and hit bar and player who ran past last defender (after ball had been kicked) touched ball and it was classed as offside. Also if an opposition player tried to clear the ball and hit another of his own players and a player of yours who wasnt in an offside position when ball was kicked but was to receive the ball due to the deflection gets it thats classed as offside. Hard to explain but in real life they wouldnt be offside.

Yeah I've had a lot of issues with the offside rule on FIFA.

Another thing I notice is that they slide me from the side in the box and I don't get a penalty... I graze their knee to get the ball and they immediately get a freekick.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;417119 said:
Yeah I've had a lot of issues with the offside rule on FIFA.

Another thing I notice is that they slide me from the side in the box and I don't get a penalty... I graze their knee to get the ball and they immediately get a freekick.

The collision detection can be a little off sometimes which can be frustrating when it looks like you didnt touch them and clearly got the ball then they go tumbling over and its a freekick.