• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

First Sig Since I Was Active Years Ago

black.

There's Blood In The Water
Reaction score
So it's been a couple of years since I was last active in the graphics section of these boards, but now that I'm at college I have a laptop with PS CS5, so I'll probably be posting more regularly. I'm a little rusty, but tell me what you think!

nv9zia.jpg

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Looks good, person-who-was-here-before-me! Maybe center it? :p

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Been years since I've seen you, bud. Welcome back. Sig looks good in the direction its headed, but the hive pattern on the right doesn't fit well with everything else (it's at odds with the sorta flow you have on the left side). Could use some foreground effects and a bit more depth to the background to help everything come together more.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Been years since I've seen you, bud. Welcome back. Sig looks good in the direction its headed, but the hive pattern on the right doesn't fit well with everything else (it's at odds with the sorta flow you have on the left side). Could use some foreground effects and a bit more depth to the background to help everything come together more.

I was thinking about the hives, made me think bumbble bees.

black.

Reaction score
I knew you'd say something about the hive thing, I was kinda just messing around with random ideas and that's what it turned into. I'll probably redo it and change that, and also add some foreground effects like you said, Scott. I planned on putting them in to begin with, but couldn't really decide on what I wanted. I was going for a pretty minimal background. Any tips on how to give a pretty simple bg more depth? Thanks for the comments, by the way. :D

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I knew you'd say something about the hive thing, I was kinda just messing around with random ideas and that's what it turned into. I'll probably redo it and change that, and also add some foreground effects like you said, Scott. I planned on putting them in to begin with, but couldn't really decide on what I wanted. I was going for a pretty minimal background. Any tips on how to give a pretty simple bg more depth? Thanks for the comments, by the way. :D

Umm, for the style the signature is.. I would say the inclusion of some similar vector shapes to match what have been used, and make them faint so they don't stand out. Keep within range of what you have going on the left side, don't have it going all over the background. Here's an example of a sig I did of a similar style:

CHUN-LI.png

It definitely has some missed opportunities and glaring flaws when I look back on it now, but using text in the background to match the flow is a method you can try. Making the words on the edge faint (I wouldn't suggest faded to be honest) so it blends but doesn't pop out, would work.

You can see some of the foreground effects I used such as particles, lighting, the stars, and the wavy clipping mask (just to give you an idea).

black.

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll definitely give this a second go and see what I can come up with. It's good to get tips from one of the best GFX artists on the boards. :thumbsup:

Rano

Legend
Reaction score
Cool sigs man :D I wanna start again but I'm too lazy too download everything again since my last 2 laptops got burnt in a fire accident!! :/ Also lost like 200 sigs :(

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
I like both. Well done.