• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

freeroam wad dump error

M

mageboogy

freeroam wad dump error

i was talking with JohnDoe about why i can't seem to spawn a normal treasure chest anywhere, no matter how good my containercontents text is or where i put it or even if i modify the contents of a pre-defined, already-in-game chest. where did i hit my snag? dumping the FinalAlbion.wad file into the fable\data folder using freeroam.

this is what i used to go thru using freeroam.
http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=utilities:free_roam

i followed this the whole way, first with starting freeroam, then opening FinalAlbion.wad , making sure the boxes are checked, then i hit rip, select the data folder the wad dump is supposed to go to, then while it's saving (or rather, ripping)
i get the error before the rip is done.

this is probably where i should have stopped the first time, restored my old game files from the install discs, and started over from zero without using freeroam. but, after being awake for 26 hours, it's hard to see or even think straight. so i kept going. not recommended.

i loaded the mods into fableexplorer, then went into albionexplorer and added chest contents, or sometimes with albionexplorer, created new ones.

my chest content text was all up-to-par, here's an example. this was for adding some new modpack items to the normal chest inside the demon door at the back of the guild. i took out the max hp extender potion, since i use the 24+ trainer for infinite hp. i figured it'd be a good chest to start with, cause all you do is turn on your lamp and walk in front of it:

NewThing Object;
Player 4;
UID 18446741874686296067;
DefinitionType "OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE";
ScriptName NULL;
ScriptData "NULL";
ThingGamePersistent FALSE;
ThingLevelPersistent FALSE;
StartCTCPhysicsStandard;
PositionX 40.078613;
PositionY 22.092041;
PositionZ 5.0;
RHSetForwardX 0.0;
RHSetForwardY 0.999994;
RHSetForwardZ 0.0;
RHSetUpX 0.0;
RHSetUpY 0.0;
RHSetUpZ 0.999994;
EndCTCPhysicsStandard;
StartCTCTargeted;
Targetable TRUE;
EndCTCTargeted;
StartCTCEditor;
EndCTCEditor;
StartCTCChest;
ContainerContents[0] "OBJECT_JOHNDOE_CANNON";
ContainerContents[1] "OBJECT_HERO_BALVERINE_HAT";
ContainerContents[2] "OBJECT_HERO_EXPRESSION_BOAST_DUMMY";
ContainerContents[3] "OBJECT_HERO_HAT_STEALTH_RED";
ContainerContents[4] "OBJECT_FIREWORKS_LONGBOW";
ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

(i don't know why it shows some spaces here and there, especially in the object section,
i guess it's the forums. i don't have any spaces in the entries and you shouldn't either)

i dunno entirely why freeroam gave me the error about my .net framework, seeing as how i have 3.5 service pack 1 installed. but i got a wall of text like you've never seen, like the freeroam just threw up on itself.

i'm considering avoiding freeroam altogether. sorry to the people that made it, but for me, it's a fail program. to mod without freeroam and thus, without albionexplorer, start here : http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2049

it's a longer process but if you hit the same snag i did, i recommend starting from zero with clean files from the fable install discs. (all the ones listed in fable explorer's top left window). then follow the link to mod without albionexplorer or freeroam. if you want to change/remove things in the chest as you go along (like i'm doing) edit thru the .TNG of the area, change the chest contents and set the ChestOpen to "FALSE".

i just did a clean restore, then everything listed in the non-freeroam guide, modded the guild demon door's chest, burned thru the beginning quests, jetted off to the demon door, shined my lamp, got my modded gear. albionexplorer may make the text easier to manipulate, but it's not for me.