• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Futuristic Idea

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
Futuristic Idea

Just an idea. Somebody mentioned something about Fable being set in the Future. I plan to add on to this, I just wanted to see if it would be worth adding to.

A FUTURISTIC FABLE

​
Albion is slowly crumbling.

The 'Union' has now become the sole government of the entire world.

With legions of men at their disposal, the Union is seemingly unstoppable.

The great cities have been looted.

Albion's natural resources are quickly being used up by the new empire.

[Picture of Futuristic Albion]

We now take you to Brownstone.

CHAPTER I: BROWNSTONE'S BEST

DAY ONE

"Get in line damn it!"

The recruits move slowly into position as the commanding officer looks down his grimy nose at them.

"Chin up, recruit!"

The recruit chins up.

The commanding officer slowly paces back and forth while reciting his mind-numbing speech for the thousandth time.

"You are here because Albion needs you. The Union needs you."

"Here we go again," says a restless recruit, rolling his eyes (but not when the commanding officer is looking).

"The earth belongs to the strong."

The commanding officer unsheathes his ceremonial cutlass and raises it to the sky.

"One world, one power!"

The recruits grudgingly answer, "One Union!"

The commanding officer looks quite pleased with himself, sporting a sadistic grin across his oily face.

He looks the recruits over once more, and, after making up his mind, gives them an order.

"Proceed to training facility number fifty-three."

The recruits march. They march badly, but they march.

The wide entrance to the training facility swallows them up. As soon as all recruits are inside, the commanding officer closes the large iron door and carefully bolts it in two places.

DAY TEN

The recruits are slowly adopting their new diet, which consists of mainly stewed beef. They drink watered down ale.

The daily exercise routine is next.

One by one, recruits scale a huge iron gate, nearly twenty feet tall. The spaces between steps are slightly exagerrated, but the recruits have adapted to the stretch.

A recruit falls from the ten-foot mark on the gate.

He begs for help, but recieves none. He will fight for life or die. The world belongs to the strong.

The others scale the gate and move on to the next task.

Though arduous, these tasks actually build strength and intelligence if performed correctly.

Besides the great gate, there are small manmade mountains to scale.

The tests of strength include archery, 'clubbing', and swordsmanship. 'Clubbing' is a practice derived from the ancient fighting techniques of Old Kingdom war mages. Two recruits are pitted against each other with simple wooden greatmaces; no spikes. They batter each other until one recruit is either dead or knocked out.​

GrimWhim

Reaction score
Re: Futuristic Idea

No offense but I'd advise against it. They've already lost that Fable feel from the time jumps we've experienced thus far but something like this causes that feeling to disappear completely.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

GrimWhim;427947 said:
No offense but I'd advise against it. They've already lost that Fable feel from the time jumps we've experienced thus far but something like this causes that feeling to disappear completely.

No, that's called ''losing the Fable 1 feel''. Not the Fable-feel. Lionhead decides what is the fable-feel. :p

GrimWhim

Reaction score

D3m190d;427986 said:
No, that's called ''losing the Fable 1 feel''. Not the Fable-feel. Lionhead decides what is the fable-feel. :p

No, this story... or uh... whatever it is, definitely lost the Fable feel.

Fable II and Fable III still have plenty of fantasy elements to them. This story has a gritty more modern feel to it with Albion slapped in there to make it somewhat relevant.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I agree with Grim. The Fable feel is pretty much gone.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Made me think of the Spire for a moment there - you know, when the new "recruits" are being herded off the ships.

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score

Kind of reminded me of the Spire, too. I know it doesn't have the overall Fable feel...yet. I'm working on it. I have big plans for this. Anyway, here's Chapter I continued.

CHAPTER I: BROWNSTONE'S BEST, CONTINUED

DAY FIFTY

The recruits are no longer addressed as such, but by their new monikers.

"Chest out soldier!"

The commanding officer thrusts an automatic rifle into the soldier's swollen hands.

"Next!"

One by one, the soldiers filed by, recieving their cold steel destroyers. The stocks were stained and the barrels polished.
Every man there knew that this was the finest condition those weapons would ever see.

After chow, the soldiers were allowed fifteen minutes in the barracks to converse with one another, the only free time they had been given since their enlistment.

"So, what d'ya think about it?" said Bronson, loosening the strings on his boots so that he would be more comfortable.

"Don't know mate, just 'ave to wait an' see I reckon."

Bronson slid out a pack of chewing tobacco from the inside pocket of his Union-issued coat.

"What the 'ell mate, 'ow'd you get that in here?"

"I know a couple micks that stock the ration house. Handed 'em a few pounds."

"Well hand it here you old mucker."

Bronson slapped the pack of tobacco in Angus's hand after getting himself a good three-finger.

"Ha ha! Bet the officers ain't got this up on us!"

As Angus stuffed his mouth full, the door swung open.

"What the 'ell is goin' on here? Soldiers, front and center!"

"'Ere we go," said Angus, swallowing a gulp of tobacco juice.

The officer closed the door behind him as he shifted over to Angus and Bronson.
He looked down and saw the spittle on the floor.

"Yours?"

Bronson looked up.

The officer grabbed him under the chin and patted his cheek.

"Chewin' huh?"

Bronson nodded.

"Well don't get destroyed on that stuff, you leave for Snowspire tomorrow."​