• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Getting a perfect round on round 8 in the crucible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aradroth

BAMF Lawl
Reaction score
Getting a perfect round on round 8 in the crucible

What's the easiest way to do it? I've gotten 1-7 easily from vortex rank 5 spam but I cant beat the troll fast enough

X

xWOLF7

Re: Getting a perfect round on round 8 in the crucible

It's those stupid Hobbes. I've tried avoiding them but end up with like 2:01

Maybe a better gun?

A

Angelo Credo

Two words.

Red Dragon.

---

And now to explain, for starters, it's a clockwork pistol, and it has the fastest reload time of any clockwork pistol around, it's powerful, and by god, while using the aim feature, it rips enemies to shreds, I just completed The Crucible myself with nothing but The Red Dragon and I finished it in a total of 593 seconds flat.

The troll was easy with that little beauty, it just involved me running around it, capping off as many shots as I could at the Nerve Tendrils, whilst still having the time to kill the Hobbes, if the Hobbes start swarming you, use the Aiming skill and just abuse the rapid fire feature, because it reloads so fast, you can pretty much unload as many clips as you want without fear of losing time to reload.

Aside from that, I don't know what else to suggest, and to get The Red Dragon, I strongly suggest picking up a Clockwork pistol, again, because of the reload and fire rate, it just makes doing the Shooting Contest an absolute breeze.

Eclipse

The Legend
Reaction score

i just lvld my accuracy and kicked ass with my master flintlock pistol

E

evenflowjimbo

Get someone to help you. Helped my brother get 8-8 and got a crappy Axe.

A

Apacolypse9210

usually i spam lvl 5 inferno or lightning all the way till the 8th round then i shoot the tendrils with my master flintlock pistol and kill hobbes while their hidden

R

RoC-eX

I got all perfect rounds, and the way I beat the troll was to simply shoot tendrils until they disappear, then roll in circles around the Arena until they show again. Roll, shoot, repeat. Just ignore the Hobbes. I was using Master Flintlock Rifle.

Aradroth

BAMF Lawl
Reaction score

Thanks guys

J

jflux13

alternatively, this is the easiest way undoubtedly to beat the crucible, first off, level five raise dead, and lvl 4 time stop. before you start each round, use your raise dead. hit the start marker and then time stop. Keep time stop up almost constantly. The purpose of the dead is so you can be defended during your calling of time stop if you happen to miss calling it by a few seconds. Time stop not only slows your enemies, but the crucible timer 2. with your red dragon equipped, every round should be virtually effortless. and if you have a friend, you could play with your eyes closed, literally, you could play with your eyes closed.

SO,

Digital 0sm0sis

Reaction score

jflux13;284837 said:
alternatively, this is the easiest way undoubtedly to beat the crucible, first off, level five raise dead, and lvl 4 time stop. before you start each round, use your raise dead. hit the start marker and then time stop. Keep time stop up almost constantly. The purpose of the dead is so you can be defended during your calling of time stop if you happen to miss calling it by a few seconds. Time stop not only slows your enemies, but the crucible timer 2. with your red dragon equipped, every round should be virtually effortless. and if you have a friend, you could play with your eyes closed, literally, you could play with your eyes closed.

SO,

Something might have changed since I last played so I could be wrong, but im pretty sure the timer continues at a normal rate when using the Slow Time spell.

K

Kon Fu Shun

If you have a spare person around, 2 players makes it much easier

R

Ridalah

If you can't get the red dragon the perforator is just as potent its a 10 barreled turret rifle. you have to lead a ****load of ppl into wraithmarsh and find the demon door then sit back and enjoy a rather lengthly speech but the reward is worth it. For melee weapons the diachi is my personal favorite its the perfect combination of speed and power.

M

metalcorev2

Meh i use the red dragon and a lvl 5 time control and i just run around the troll shooting the worm thingys when they pop out

fable freak 37

Halo 3 Addict
Reaction score

i got hit once in like every round and it said in all of the rounds I got perfect rounds.Lol!

R

Ranger28

the easiest way to defeat the crucible is to use level 5 Force push. I used this and this only for every round except the one with the fire switchs and the last round and i got a time of 551 seconds.

To kill the troll as everyone has said roll around and shoot, if the hobbes get in the way charge force push up to around level 3 and get rid of them then just continue shooting the troll.

D

DuckY

Best way for the troll: Slow time level four as SOON as you enter the troll level. Run up to him... charge up a level 5 Inferno an voila! i beat the last round in 9 seconds.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Raise Dead level=3 Inferno=5
Weapons: Daichi & Red Dragon
Tactics: Use raise dead, then use the Red Dragon. Destroy 'em all!!11!!11oneoneone!!11!!! If someone gets close use Daichi. Raise dead is good coz enemies will attack them not you. And you can easily use inferno when you are sorrounded (dunno how to spell it).

L

lil C Lewis lil

k I just read like this hole forum and took in some advise...
Definatly definatly take out a master flintlock pistol for the crucible (this is a must) this pistol is super fast and all you gotta do is keep tapping Y. Next for the crucible 8 of 8 perfect rounds i used that pistol and the Master Mace (this thing is huge) the master mace deales out a lot of damage (probly the most in the game) and in combination with these two i used a little bit of will power, in paticular i used the spell "inferno" make sure you have it in all 5 stars! then set it up so its the only spell you'll use.

Rounds 1-7 of the crucible are pretty easy most of them you can wip through in under 60 seconds. Once you get to the troll at round 8 take out that pistol and shot the **** out of the nerve spins, don't really worry about the hobbs chassing you yeah they can hurt you but once you kill the troll they self distruct. To kill the troll just keep running around it and shoot. Having dextrous styles 4 stars is a hug help because you can shoot faster, roll, and aim if you really want to but you don't have to. Don't even bother using spells on the troll they're way to slow.

Some other weapons you could use would be turret rifles and pistols cause they're still really quick and because of the 6 shots between reloads they shoot a little faster than the master flintlock pistol. As for you melee weapon make sure it hits high like 80 points or higher (master mase is 91) and having brutal styles flourishes is a great thing.

All in all be careful when you use your spells and for the most part just use your master flintlock pistol until them creatures get to close then give them whatever else you've got.

P.S. my final time for the crucible 8 of 8 perfect rounds was: 542 seconds no joke!

adenp9070

Reaction score

DuckY;288396 said:
Best way for the troll: Slow time level four as SOON as you enter the troll level. Run up to him... charge up a level 5 Inferno an voila! i beat the last round in 9 seconds.

thats the same way i do it, it works perfectly

F

fable2thelimit

Another way to do this is to have shock level one handy (vortex level 3 or a pistol works as well.) This is to stall the hobbes while you are circling the troll.) Use time control level 4 as soon as the troll throws a rock at you (dodge the rock, of course!) This will keep the hobbes off of you and give you more time with which to work. Then, move in on the troll (yes, that's right. Move IN on the massive troll) After that, quickly charge up inferno level 5 WHILE THE TENDRILS ARE VISIBLE. Otherwise, this will not work. You should take out about a third to half (if you are lucky) of the troll's health. Plus, any hobbes in the way will be gone as well. Keep doing this and you should have the troll beaten in less than 1:50. I hope this helps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.