• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Glad to find the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gregarious

Glad to find the forum!

Hi everyone.
I go by Gregarious, my good hero's name. It means friendly, someone who goes out of their way for others. Anyway, my husband got me XBox 360 for Christmas and searched the forums to see what people who played my other RPG's (There, Sims Online, Runescape, 7th Guest, 11th Hour, and many more) liked for XBox. It was unanimous. Fable. So, that was our first game, besides those $3.99 games from the fast food chain that got us to eat there just for the games. (guess the promotion worked... I NEVER get sucked into those things! well... except this time.) So, I rapidly graduated from apprentice in the guild into HERO. I now have 2 hero's. I deleted my first one, otherwise there would be 3 (I only realized after taking the final test in the guild that I couldn't go back and get an A+ on the individual skill tests and get prizes. grrr!)

So, I've been playing a few weeks now, and an still irritated at a certain demon door to be named at a later time, that won't let me in no matter how many hobbes I kill.... hmm... did I give it away?

I've been levelling up my Strength primarily lately, since I hear that if I get it full, I can get the sword from the stone. One more level on Physique will put me totally and utterly maxed out on strength. Skill is next. Not to say I don't do magic (excuse me... WILL), but it's there primarily to complement my other attributes. One of my characters (the now 100% good, reformed 100% evil one) owns 18 buildings. I had 20, but discovered that the shops cost about 30k, and only pay rent of about 60 gold, instead of the 5k house that gets 900 rent. I literally slayed the entire town of Oakvale in a fit of rage after being denied entry both to the Greatwood Gorge demon door (become evil) and the Greatwood Caves demon door (combat multiplier) I then bought almost every building, until I ran out of cash, and then collected rent... slaughtered the new tenants in the properties I didn't own, and bought the rest of the town. I don't own the Tavern, the 2 General Shops (sold out of disgust over the paltry rent) or the shack down on the beach (where the pirate ghost was)... because you can't really kill the owner if he's already dead, so it never goes up for sale.

After turning a new leaf, paying people to be my friends (gems and beer are expensive, but not too bad when you're collecting rent on 18 properties in 3 towns), and donating lots of money to Avo to earn the title of Paladin, I tried "trigamy" just like the man in one of the books I found during my thieving days. One in Bowerstone South, one in Knothole Glade, one in Oakvale, and engaged to the Mayor(ess) of Bowerstone North. I've discovered that I receive MANY gifts from my wives, and that as long as I give them some chocolates and perform husbandly duties occasionally, everyone in town wanders around talking about how I treat my wife so well, and that she's a lucky woman. With just Thunder between me and Lady Grey, and just about 20 minions between me and rescuing the archealogist who can lead me to my mother, it might be time to get more serious, and break things off with some of my wives... at least the one in Bowerstone that Lady Grey is bound to find out about. Perhaps she'll follow me to Oakvale, and then get in a fight with another of my wives???

hmm... that sounds like a sure route to regaining my evil stature and scaring away the butterflies and halo that follow me now. Maybe I'll just stop visiting... at least that way only one of my wives will leave, and none of them will find out about my um.... indiscretions?

Anyway, that's me in my game. I'm a bit irritated that once I talked to the guy who told me to take my second quest, the 2 optional quests at the guild disappeared... maybe they'll be a good reason to start a new hero... who knows.

I'm anxious to see the new game, and see if there are more options in the quests? For instance, could I have fought off the raids on Orchard Farm, and then raided the crates of stones myself? I'm really curious about how things could have gone.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: Glad to find the forum!

Nice introduction, gregarious! ;)

Welcome to the Fable 2 Community Forums!

F

FableFreak

Thats easily the longest intoduction I have seen on this site to date. Welcome...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

gregarious;45795 said:
Perhaps she'll follow me to Oakvale, and then get in a fight with another of my wives???

hmm... that sounds like a sure route to regaining my evil stature and scaring away the butterflies and halo that follow me now. Maybe I'll just stop visiting... at least that way only one of my wives will leave, and none of them will find out about my um.... indiscretions?

Anyway, that's me in my game. I'm a bit irritated that once I talked to the guy who told me to take my second quest, the 2 optional quests at the guild disappeared... maybe they'll be a good reason to start a new hero... who knows.

I'm anxious to see the new game, and see if there are more options in the quests? For instance, could I have fought off the raids on Orchard Farm, and then raided the crates of stones myself? I'm really curious about how things could have gone.

This has got to be one of the longest intro's ever. Like fable freak said.
a few things though. Those quests you see? When you go to take the first wasp Quest (IE: Ice Troll) Those are dummy quests and aren't obtainable.

As for lady Grey following you anywhere. Nope. She doesn't leave. She refuses to follow the hero, no matter HOW good you are.

I'm also curious about those STONES at orchard farm, that mysteriously dissapear from the game entirely. Lots of things in fable are incomplete. The game itself is incomplete and always will be.

I have a lovely thread that contains a line of bows, and other items left out of the game. (Nymph wings, Bandit Ears, Yew chunks) that you might be interested in looking at.

But either way, welcome to the forums. Glad to have you aboard. :lol:

V

Vegeta

Welcome To The forums +Rep for the time it took to make this thread and coolness.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Welcome gregarious great first post.That kind of thinking will go far in a forum like this. +Rep

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Nice to meet you! Excellent introductory post and hope to see you around. Enjoy your time here :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Welcome to our forums, that was a good and informative intro im sure you will like it here ^_^

O

olemn97

Welcome to the forums. I just realized there is a section where u introduce urself :/

Status
Not open for further replies.