• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Glitches: Anyone else had this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aruu

Reaction score
So I'm at the second half of the game, so expect mild spoilers if you haven't gotten that far yet.

Long story short, I've got 365 days left, and I'm just hanging around making enough gold to make all my promises and save everyone. I want to be an awesome good Queen. Anyways, since a thread here mentioned that marrying a stylist might get you that gorgeous long hair as a gift, I set about seducing one.

Bryn the Stylist was my man of choice, and it was all going well until he stupidly asked for a date in Millfields Meadow. Yeah, real romantic, with all the bandits and hobbes hanging about. But, I digress. So I took him there anyway, and we were ambushed, predictably, by a group of bandits. After having shot all of them down, I tried to make my hero kiss Bryn, as he wanted it.

Then another group comes out of no-where and shoots Bryn. Killing him, and freezing my hero completely. She's still taking hits, but I can't move her at all. She eventually dies, comes back, and she still can't move. Hitting pause only gives me the menu you get during events/cut scenes. I reset the game, and thankfully everything seems fine now; luckily it autosaved just on getting to Millfields.

So it's more of a heads up than anything. Thankfully it wasn't a game breaking glitch, but it was still worrying for a moment, I was convinced I was going to have to start again.

Tyrannical Duck

Reaction score
Can't say I've had that glitch. All the "dates" I've gone on have just been in Brightwall. Consider yourself lucky for it not being game breaking I guess. I got stuck in that one "The Game" quest, couldn't open the door after killing the hollowmen.

Aruu

Reaction score
Had it happen again! Stupid Bryn! This time I left him to kill the Balverines this time, thought I got them all, but they came bouncing along just as I kissed him.

Third time was lucky though, I hung around for ages to make sure I had got all of the buggers, and yay! Stupid Bryn.. better give me that hairstyle I want.

ohvegeta

Reaction score
Haha, I hope you at least get that hairstyle after all of that effort. I was going to suggest just picking a different hairstylist but kudos on the drive to get that one.

Aruu

Reaction score
I'm already married to one, would you believe it! But he's not given me any hairstyles yet, and now he's gone and glitched so I can't really do much with him. Oh Fable.. don't ever change.

I'm gonna marry this one and hopefully he'll get me it. Or I might have to hit safety off and wait for new ones~

ohvegeta

Reaction score
I'm already married to one, would you believe it! But he's not given me any hairstyles yet, and now he's gone and glitched so I can't really do much with him. Oh Fable.. don't ever change.

I'm gonna marry this one and hopefully he'll get me it. Or I might have to hit safety off and wait for new ones~

My husband keeps giving me suits of armor. SUCH USEFUL GIFTS.

Aruu

Reaction score
My glitched stylist just gave me a... moustache.

I'm getting this hairstyle, even if it kills me! It's also a good way to waste time while waiting for my moolah to build up.

ohvegeta

Reaction score
Maybe if she wears the mustache he'll be so impressed that he'll give you the hairstyle you want.

zmalt

Morte Mercante
Reaction score
My glitched stylist just gave me a... moustache
Haha, I love how Fable thinks that random thoughtless drops and heartwarming practical gifts are one and the same.

Epiternal

Reaction score
My glitched stylist just gave me a... moustache.

...Your husband clearly has extraordinary fetishes. My advice? Take him into the middle of the woods and...Put him out of his misery.

WhammyKing121

Reaction score
...Your husband clearly has extraordinary fetishes. My advice? Take him into the middle of the woods and...Put him out of his misery.
I second that. Go to another city and find a different stylist.

Aruu

Reaction score
Unfortunately since he's glitched, I can't even lead him along to be 'accidentally' eaten by Balverines. Divorcing him might work, but I don't want to lose my kid. Does he take him, or does the kid end up at the orphanage? Because he can join me with my new (non-glitched stylist) husband in the castle.

If all else fails, I can just shoot him. You don't get the Queen a moustache. :sly:

Epiternal

Reaction score
Unfortunately since he's glitched, I can't even lead him along to be 'accidentally' eaten by Balverines. Divorcing him might work, but I don't want to lose my kid. Does he take him, or does the kid end up at the orphanage? Because he can join me with my new (non-glitched stylist) husband in the castle.

If all else fails, I can just shoot him. You don't get the Queen a moustache. :sly:
The kids go to the orphanage but you can re-adopt them, I do that all the time; kill my wife, re-adopt my kid...says a lot about me as a person.

Aruu

Reaction score
Aww, but at least you re-adopt your kid back! That's a good thing!

Awesome, if I don't lose little Sparrow, then James the Stylist is getting killed.

Epiternal

Reaction score
That's an improvement from the last game at least, so glad I don't need a wife to be able to keep my kids. lol at the name little sparrow by the way, how nostalgic.

Aruu

Reaction score
It really is! I'm glad that you get to keep the kids, even if your other half leaves. Though it is a little sad that they get sent to the orphanage, even if you just divorce your other half.

And thanks! My second son is called Reaver. :D I'm waiting for a girl to call Rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.