• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Glowing Runes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Midnight Avenger

He Who Wears White Addidas
Reaction score
Isn't your character in Fable 3 supposed to glow while you charge up a weapon flourish or spell? I'm not getting anything... is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? 0.o

yosarrian

Reaction score
That is a feature, as you become more powerful your characters magic aura will glow brighter when you perform charged attacks

The Midnight Avenger

Reaction score
I understand this. My magic was up to level 4 already, and I still didn't see any runes. Which is odd, because I remember seeing runes on my character during flourishes yesterday... but today they've disappeared.

Xveas

Reaction score
In order to make your wings appear, hold down X or Y long enough(as if you were charging a melee or ranged attack) and your wings will appear. Mind you that your magic must be at level 5 for this to work.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I believe "wings" weren't in this discussion and don't really have any significance in this thread other than the fact that this information is wrong. Wings appear when you're about to fight the darkness that depends on the decisions you made throughout your kinship.

Did they appear today? (assuming you played)

The Dragon

Reaction score
I think what he meant is that the wings also show when the glowing runes do. Seems to be semi-random for me whenever i flourish or charge up spells. Didn't know that they're tied to your magical aura stat though.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
No, that's not what he meant. It clearly says: "In order to make your wings appear..." which indicates that we were talking about them when, in reality, we were not.

Yes, it is random for me, but it has never stopped completely before :/

The Midnight Avenger

Reaction score
I'm surprised this thread obtained more posts, I had left it for dead. It is true, this has nothing to do with the wings because not even the glowing runes will show up... honestly, I've tried most things I could think of. I restarted it, installed it, reinstalled it, waited about a day without playing... even tried to do things differently in-game to see if it would change anything. The runes, or any kind of glowing just will not show. It is a total drag too because I really like this game. However, I'm not so sure I want to be a "plain" king as it is now.

Should I try to exchange the game? I have a feeling it won't work, but I suppose it's better than not doing anything at all. I just really wish such a great game like this didn't have so many bugs. It's not just the glowing runes either, my hero stats like magical aura, strength, and stature have not been appearing as well. In my current game (after restarting it) my magic is supposed to be at level 3, but there's not even a single star in magical aura. -_-

OsirusThone

Reaction score
Did you remove your tattoo's? The runes are now tied to tattoos apparently.

heishere909

MasterofSkill
Reaction score
I know how:
It dosent matter on your magic, skill or str level...
When you get onto day one till attack you get freely upgraded to the wing status then just flurish and you will gain then for it :)

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
i usually get wings when i flourish against an enemy using a gun or sword. but wings dont appear to me when i use magic, i just get the runes, and its only when im fighting an enemy.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Oh my God...are you serious? Is no one reading the first post? Are we reading only 2 in the middle and posting?...where is this world going (shakes head in disappointment)

The Midnight Avenger

Reaction score
Seriously. And no, I have not tried to do it after I'm king... but honestly I'm sick of this crap. I think I may be done with Fable 3, which pains me to say.. but it is what it is.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I'm there with you. I'm only playing still because I want to finish everything and I like the graphics...ugh
I could rant, but I'll save you the redundancy.

The Midnight Avenger

Reaction score
Haha, I'm sure we can all rant pretty good on some things. :p

You know, it wouldn't really be that bad if we had at least a LITTLE reassurance in the development of a bug epidemic patch. But there's so many different bugs in Fable 3 for so many different people that I don't think fixing it would be possible. Some of these bugs, like mine, are so obscure that LH probably won't even give a damn about fixing them.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Yeah...like, a few hours ago, it erased a good 8 hours of gameplay for no apparent reason. I finished getting all of the keys, books, and flowers during that time, and now I have to do it all over again and I can't figure out why. It might have been the fact that I was going into co-op mode with someone and I was the host. While they were coming in my game, I was fast-traveling to Bowerstone Market but I, somehow, went to Sunset house before meeting up with Chesty which I did yesterday afternoon.

Before this, however, I joined the other person's game for a time. This is seems beyond a "glitch" to me.

The Midnight Avenger

Reaction score
That's one thing about Fable is that when you do encounter a bug it's usually the weirdest thing ever under the strangest circumstances. I know what it feels like, it sucks. Thus, the game turns out to suck. If they had just set it back another month... dare I say, some of those bugs could be non-existent. 0.0

Oh well, here's to the DC Universe Online beta next month. -cheers- XD

Reizarvg

Reaction score
there's not even a single star in magical aura. -_-
There's your problem. For the runes to appear, you need to get your aura up. This isn't tied to your current magic level, it goes up just by using magic. So if you use melee alot, your strength stat goes up regardless of how many melee upgrade chests you've opened. I've got 5 stars in magic aura and there's some really obvious runes showing up whenever I use magic.

If you've got stars in magic aura and it's still not happening then **** knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.