• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gold Keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissAlbion89

Hero Of Albion
Reaction score
Gold Keys?

When they were showing the 3D Map at E3, I noticed that when they hovered over one of the cities, it said, "Silver Keys Collected- 0" and "Gold Keys Collected- 0". I wonder what the Gold Keys are for... Ideas, anyone?

RachelDisco

Reaction score
Re: Gold Keys?

I didn't notice this o.o
Maybe they're for super special gold key chests?

MissAlbion89

Hero Of Albion
Reaction score

Maybe, but I was thinking they could be to unlock different rooms in the castle for when you become King or Queen. That'd be pretty cool :).

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

There's one at The Sanctuary that requires ou to amass such a fortune that it let's you climb your gold to collect it.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

The gold keys are probably the most rare keys that can be found in the land of Albion and Aurora. Such keys will lead to great treasures to who will find them, for sure. (The Hero of Oakvale and The Hero of Bowerstone were not able to find any!)

Chase

Reaction score

MissAlbion89;425682 said:
Maybe, but I was thinking they could be to unlock different rooms in the castle for when you become King or Queen. That'd be pretty cool :).

I hope not! When I become the ruler, I want my castle to be completely accessible! I don't want to have to go around the kingdom to find a golden key or twenty of them so I can get inside my bedroom!

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Chase;425705 said:
I hope not! When I become the ruler, I want my castle to be completely accessible! I don't want to have to go around the kingdom to find a golden key or twenty of them so I can get inside my bedroom!

Considering what they're doing with that Road to Rule feature, I wouldn't doubt if they screwed us over with our castle as well.

LyNxY yO

Reaction score

GrimWhim;425706 said:
Considering what they're doing with that Road to Rule feature, I wouldn't doubt if they screwed us over with our castle as well.

Wouldn't surprise me :L

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

DarkONI;425697 said:
The gold keys are probably the most rare keys that can be found in the land of Albion and Aurora. Such keys will lead to great treasures to who will find them, for sure. (The Hero of Oakvale and The Hero of Bowerstone were not able to find any!)

Probably this. In general, gold is more special than silver. So I assume Gold Keys unlock greater things than silver keys, which logically make gold keys less common than silver keys (which are found everywhere). As a color, though, I like silver better than gold, but that's a whole different subject. :p

GrimWhim

Reaction score

D3m190d;425713 said:
Probably this. In general, gold is more special than silver. So I assume Gold Keys unlock greater things than silver keys, which logically make gold keys less common than silver keys (which are found everywhere). As a color, though, I like silver better than gold, but that's a whole different subject. :p

Most of the silver key chests in Fable II were filled with lame, basic items that you could very easily get in a shop. I imagine they'll do this again in Fable III while reserving all the legendary weapons and cool stuff for the gold chests. Or they might just throw useless junk in both chests just to annoy us.

The Archon's Dream

Lionhead Lover
Reaction score

GrimWhim;425716 said:
they might just throw useless junk in both chests just to annoy us.
Hope that's not true...

I also think gold keys will be used to unlock Sactuary or castle special rooms.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

Legendary weapons were also found too easily. They're supposed to be legendary. (And I seriously don't understand why people want more legendary weapons inf Fable 3, as an 'improvement'. It would be silly if there were legendary weapons all around >_>).
Anyway, I seriously don't hope (which also probably isn't the case) that the latter option is true.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

They've always just had a legendary weapon for each weapon type so I assume they'll continue that trend in Fable III.

I personally don't care for a whole bunch of weapons. In fact, I wish they'd let me not have a melee or a gun if I so choose.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Keep in mind that our weapons will be forged as we play. Therefore, legendaries will have the same value as a well-made weapon from some skilled player.

Also, I am sure Lionhead will avoid overpowering legendaries or certain weapons in a ridicolous game. (e.g. like they did in Fable II) This time, we craft our weapons and also our legendaries will change depending on the way that we use them.

Note: I have not seen anything different than Hammers and Swords in the trailers, interviews and combat sequences. Perhaps, there will not be as many weapon types as the old games did?

GrimWhim;425721 said:
They've always just had a legendary weapon for each weapon type so I assume they'll continue that trend in Fable III.

I personally don't care for a whole bunch of weapons. In fact, I wish they'd let me not have a melee or a gun if I so choose.

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score

DarkONI;425725 said:
Keep in mind that our weapons will be forged as we play. Therefore, legendaries will have the same value as a well-made weapon from some skilled player.

Also, I am sure Lionhead will avoid overpowering legendaries or certain weapons in a ridicolous game. (e.g. like they did in Fable II) This time, we craft our weapons and also our legendaries will change depending on the way that we use them.

Note: I have not seen anything different than Hammers and Swords in the trailers, interviews and combat sequences. Perhaps, there will not be as many weapon types as the old games did?

i think thers only 4 types of melee, and you have to choose one at the start (i believe)

You can't one day use swords, then 4 days later use hammers

Lynne

Reaction score

I look at it this way, with the new system we're making our own weapons legendary. I never had much use for the legendary weapons in the game in Fable II. My first playthrough I think I just had a Master Longsword that I had two or three augments on and it worked perfectly for me. I like the augments because it was giving me opportunity to customize it my way. Do we know if Augments will be back with the new system? Anyway my latest playthrough had the four slot master longsword and I loved it. I never needed the Dachi or anything. My pistol was a master clockwork or something, with three aug slots. I never had trouble killing anything. It'd be cool if one of the legendary weapons was a weapon we used in Fable II, but that's not going to happen.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

I swear if they make me collect 20 golden keys only to open it and find a rotten apple, someone is going to die.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Terra_Zeta;425798 said:
I swear if they make me collect 20 golden keys only to open it and find a rotten apple, someone is going to die.

Hahaha! I'd love to see that. In fact, I'm going to go visit PM now and ask that him to put that in just so I can see the look on your face.

xD

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

Terra_Zeta;425798 said:

Why would you suppose they would do that?

The Gargoyles' Treasure?

Status
Not open for further replies.