• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Good time to get a new flat screen tv?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
So I was recently at best buy and noticed the new 4k ultra Tv displays. These can cost 2-4G depending on size. My theory is that these new tvs will lower the price of standard high definition sets. I noticed that alot of stores have stopped displaying hdtvs in favor of 4k. Do you think they will stop selling them altogether rather then lower the price?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
At the moment there is very little that actually supports 4k so I doubt regular HD TV's will be dropped any time soon. I recently picked up a 55 inch flat screen LG TV for less than £400 as they were on offer, plenty of TV offers on at this time of year. 4k TV's are massively overpriced at the moment and yeah they look nice using the preset display DVD's in the store but when watching regular TV channels and DVD's I dont think the picture quality difference justifies the price. Unless you are actually running 4k content through it you wont see a huge difference.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
At the moment there is very little that actually supports 4k so I doubt regular HD TV's will be dropped any time soon. I recently picked up a 55 inch flat screen LG TV for less than £400 as they were on offer, plenty of TV offers on at this time of year. 4k TV's are massively overpriced at the moment and yeah they look nice using the preset display DVD's in the store but when watching regular TV channels and DVD's I dont think the picture quality difference justifies the price. Unless you are actually running 4k content through it you wont see a huge difference.
Not to be that guy but I honestly can't see the difference half the time=] To me art style and aesthetic are more important. I can't believe we ever got buy on analog tvs, I remember waiving my hand over the screen and getting all that static electricity.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Not to be that guy but I honestly can't see the difference half the time=] To me art style and aesthetic are more important. I can't believe we ever got buy on analog tvs, I remember waiving my hand over the screen and getting all that static electricity.

If you see content in 4K side by side with HD you can see difference but wouldn't tell in most cases unless you did have them side by side. Just not enough content/media that makes use of it to justify buying it currently.