• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Good TV Shows?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'll be fine with that, can't expect it to keep all the drama going for a long time I guess.

If it's in any way like Pulp Fiction, I'll be watching it. The best film ever imo.

I thought it was great and well written and tied up well with the 'movie' they made to tie things up.

I will let you know what I think when I start watching it.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
While the plot couldn't have happened without the religion aspect, I don't think that was its main point.

Yeah, but there was too much of it in there for me to take it seriously. After listening to the Ricky Gervais show constantly, and especially his stand up show Animals, I know what he thinks of religion. I don't need it reiterated to me in a feature length movie. Even if I thought the concept had a lot of promise.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Afterthought here, does anyone like Twin Peaks?

Probably my favorite dramedy.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I've heard of it, but never saw it. What's it about?
The plot revolves around the investigation of a murder in a middle-of-nowhere pacific northwest town. The show's a serious story with a serious tone but it's full of situational comedy and running jokes. Totally cheesy stuff, but great in it's own weird way.

To be honest Scotty, I'm surprised you haven't seen it. Knowing your taste in humor you of all people should give it a shot. :lol:

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
The Sopranos is brilliant. I've always believed the gangster(not gangstah ffs) genre makes for the best crime movies/series. See The Godfather or Miller's Crossing.

Never seen the Sopranos but always wanted to catch it, actually when I finish watching my Californication again I'm gonna go get the boxset.

The Wire is my favourite gangster flick ever though.

The Wire and The Sopranos are argued as the best TV shows ever made, I can't say anything for Sopranos but I highly doubt it tops the wire. The Wire is more a realistic documentary of crime & politics than pure entertainment of the Sopranos(As its hailed for). The Wire when you look at it at a whole, was written and done to get a message across. A message stronger than the need to indulge viewers in what they want to see, but rather what they need to hear.

Its not very often you find a story written to be told on TV, usually most programmes to me seem to have been written for money and viewer ratings where as the wire seems to have been written to get a series of messages across of how messed up 'The System' is.

If you like gangsters and police-esque shows the wire is most certainly one you should seek out. In fact Its probably the only dvd I'd save if my house was burning down.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The plot revolves around the investigation of a murder in a middle-of-nowhere pacific northwest town. The show's a serious story with a serious tone but it's full of situational comedy and running jokes. Totally cheesy stuff, but great in it's own weird way.

To be honest Scotty, I'm surprised you haven't seen it. Knowing your taste in humor you of all people should give it a shot. :lol:

Looks like a good time to me, I'm always up for some weird and cheesy shows. Thanks man.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Oh, there's another show that I've been rewatching recently that I'd recommend. Anybody ever watch Kyle XY? It's quite interesting. It starts off with a teenage boy waking up in the woods with no memories, identity, language skills, etc., as if he'd just been born, but he picks up things very quickly and demonstrates some unique abilities. The story of the show is like that of Assassin's Creed in that it starts off with so much mystery, and the viewer learns more and more things as the show progresses. You might find a stupid moment here and there in the show though, maybe once every few episodes. There is also a teenage high school drama element to the show, but with a show like Kyle XY, I really don't mind that since that's not the only thing the show has to offer. This show is bound to hook you if you stick with it. I was watching it last night, nearing the middle of the second season, and it was beginning to reach a climax. Sh*t was blowing up, and I just couldn't stop watching it. I think I may have watched almost 10 episodes, definitely more than five anyway. I think this sums up what I was doing last night pretty well...

figd.jpg

The Wire and The Sopranos are argued as the best TV shows ever made, I can't say anything for Sopranos but I highly doubt it tops the wire. The Wire is more a realistic documentary of crime & politics than pure entertainment of the Sopranos(As its hailed for). The Wire when you look at it at a whole, was written and done to get a message across. A message stronger than the need to indulge viewers in what they want to see, but rather what they need to hear.

Its not very often you find a story written to be told on TV, usually most programmes to me seem to have been written for money and viewer ratings where as the wire seems to have been written to get a series of messages across of how messed up 'The System' is.

Now that definitely grabs my interest. I'll check that out.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
I watched all 7 seasons of Peep Show and now I'm watching Shameless (the UK version) because I've only seen from season 5. I'll get round to looking at The Wire, Extras and Prison Break when I can.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Hey Hermit, do you know of a place online where I can watch The Wire? I haven't really been able to find it anywhere.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

What do you think I am some kind of pirate?

Click the picture matey.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be illegal...though I wouldn't object to that.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
No one here has said Bones? Grimm is decent too. The werewolf in that show cracks me up. Skins is a great show too (UK version, S1-S4).

Has anyone watched Misfits or Terra Nova?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
No one here has said Bones? Grimm is decent too. The werewolf in that show cracks me up. Skins is a great show too (UK version, S1-S4).

Has anyone watched Misfits or Terra Nova?

Misfits is an awesome show! Too bad Nathan left, he was the life of the party.

Reaction score
Man vs food, always good if you like to see your favorite foods drowned in chilli sauce. Wish I had Adam Richman's job seriously.

I actually didn't like this one though, if there's one thing you should NEVER cover in cheese: It's a f**king pasty.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Man vs food, always good if you like to see your favorite foods drowned in chilli sauce. Wish I had Adam Richman's job seriously.

I actually didn't like this one, if there's one thing you shouldn't cover in cheese: It's a pasty.

I hate that show, it was good at first but then it just gets too extreme & discusting, gives a bad name to americans. Makes me think all americans eat like that.

I know they don't..... well I hope they don't.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I hate that show, it was good at first but then it just gets too extreme & discusting, gives a bad name to americans. Makes me think all americans eat like that.

I know they don't..... well I hope they don't.

I just don't understand how people can go out and do... THAT for a living, when there are 3 billion starving people in the world. Even just normal people who eat constantly... Seriously guys, not hard to stop.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I'm with Arse on this one. Misfits is a lot of fun. So many great useless superpowers in that show. My personal favorite is the guy who has psychic powers that only work on dairy products.

Oh, there's another show that I've been rewatching recently that I'd recommend. Anybody ever watch Kyle XY? It's quite interesting. It starts off with a teenage boy waking up in the woods with no memories, identity, language skills, etc., as if he'd just been born, but he picks up things very quickly and demonstrates some unique abilities.
He's a terminator sent to kill John Connor isn't he?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I'm with Arse on this one. Misfits is a lot of fun. So many great useless superpowers in that show. My personal favorite is the guy who has psychic powers that only work on dairy products.

The worse part about that is how awesome he thinks his powers are.

"I call it... Lactokinesis!"

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well, if he can control breast milk when it is inside teh boobies, I can think of a few practical uses.