• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Guile & Speed - Stealth?

F

Fatalis

Guile & Speed - Stealth?

I've completed the game several times, and have unlocked every item in the game and various other accolades, so this isn't a newbie question - Is there really any use of 'Stealth' in combat in Fable.
Sure, you can wear the assassin suit which is supposedly able to blend into the shadows, but to what degree can stealth actually be used against your opponents?

S

Sidewayz

Re: Guile & Speed - Stealth?

Fatalis;112848 said:
I've completed the game several times, and have unlocked every item in the game and various other accolades, so this isn't a newbie question - Is there really any use of 'Stealth' in combat in Fable.
Sure, you can wear the assassin suit which is supposedly able to blend into the shadows, but to what degree can stealth actually be used against your opponents?
uh twinblades camp? sneak past thiefs

Lonely-Druid

Pyramid Head fan
Reaction score

Not to sure if theres a good one in combat, but I suppose being able to steal valuables and buying good weaponary/armor if sorta the same?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I guess all you can really do is make full use of sneaking...to be honest, it doesn't do much for you in terms of how much damage an adversary takes when attacked unawares. I'd have liked to have seen more possibilities with the Guile skill...it has a lot of potential that maybe they will look into further with regards to Fable 2...I dunno...

F

Fatalis

Sidewayz;112850 said:
uh twinblades camp? sneak past thiefs

In Twinblade's bandit camp you sneak past bandits, but pedantry aside, sneaking isn't combat; it's avoidance of combat, the complete opposite of combating your opponent.

As for the other posts, I'd tend to agree.

Zquad

The Widowmaker
Reaction score

I don't think it's verry usefull in combat...

R

Rhadiel

stealth IS useful in combat, If you can see ur enemy and they cant see you, ur at a clear advantage, and u can sneak up on enemies as well, u just need to be patient,

L

LionHeadTex

Rhadiel;112906 said:
stealth IS useful in combat, If you can see ur enemy and they cant see you, ur at a clear advantage, and u can sneak up on enemies as well, u just need to be patient,

My main man Rhadiel took the words out of my mouth :lol:. I'm an assassin, I would know that stealth drastically increases your chances of owning an opponent. You just need to be patient. You need to blend with the shadows, and stab the living daylights out of someone...silently :sly:

R

Rhadiel

LionHeadTex;112916 said:
My main man Rhadiel took the words out of my mouth :lol:. I'm an assassin, I would know that stealth drastically increases your chances of owning an opponent. You just need to be patient. You need to blend with the shadows, and stab the living daylights out of someone...silently :sly:

:ninja:you need to stay far back, and make sure they dont see you, then, u slowly draw back ur bow, and aim at the neck, let go, then there dead, u sneak further, then, as the other enemy comes to see what happens, u sneak up behind and stab em in the back:ninja:

L

LionHeadTex

Rhadiel;112918 said:
:ninja:you need to stay far back, and make sure they dont see you, then, u slowly draw back ur bow, and aim at the neck, let go, then there dead, u sneak further, then, as the other enemy comes to see what happens, u sneak up behind and stab em in the back:ninja:

The art of the Assassin. But you left out getting some beer at the pub when you're done :ninja:

R

Rhadiel

LionHeadTex;112921 said:
The art of the Assassin. But you left out getting some beer at the pub when you're done :ninja:

I cant believe I forgot that, but YOU forgot about getting some beer then going sown to the Bordello:ninja:

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

I think they should have added some kind of stealth melee weapons - such as daggers. And using them would give Skill points, not Strenght.
Speed is great and all, but using it requires melee combat so I get Strenght points, which I wouldn`t need if I want Skill-type character.

black.

There's Blood In The Water
Reaction score

stealth helps greatly when your an assassin...it would be pretty hard to steal from a shop or house, or sneak up and assassinate someone with level 1 guile and speed...i agree with the dagger idea^^ also...would of given even more possibilities to an already great game

T

The Crow

I also agree with the dagger idea and it should be possibel to snek up behind people and cut theyr troath

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Stealth does nothing for combat in Fable. They put it in there for the Thief class, not the Assassin class. As in its so you can lockpick and steal stuff without waking people up.