• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Guile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
Why was this Skill abandoned? In Fable I and Fable: The Lost Chapters, Guile played a very interesting role in the game.
Now there is no real concept of 'Stealth' in the Fable series. Why?
It would be nice to be able to sneak past enemies once in a while instead of having to fight them all.
Also, it has made thievery so simple that is it now boring.
The only way to steal is by hiding in plain sight, and with no 'Picklock' skill, there is not even an opportunity to steal by night, as there was in the original Fable.
I am wondering how much fun might be added to any upcoming games in the Fable series if there was an option to either learn lock-picking skills, or at least some way to climb down a chimney. Has no one else noticed that, while there are chimneys on almost every house in Fable, there is no way to attempt a midnight raid by entering a house by way of a chimney?
Also, where is the logic that everyone you rob would yell for the guards? There should be an option to 'hold up' people in the game, and, if you were threatening enough, they would not call the guards. The whole 'town alarm' system is insane, and counters any plan a player might come up with.
I also believe that the items you are able to steal should not be limited to 'junk' from bookcases and nightstands. If you see, for instance, a suit or armor, or a sword, in a house/basement/castle, why shouldn't you be able to steal it?
Also, why is there no concept of jail in the new Fables? You either pay a fine, do community service, or have to resist arrest. Why can't you just get arrested, and go to a place similiar to the prison in Fable I? Some would cite this an inconvenience, but I believe that, if you are knocked out while resisting arrest, you should wake up in prison. This would give you a whole new angle, and would be a refreshing change to the 'everything goes' attitude of the game. It would also open the door to new quests.
Any thoughts?

Zquad

The Widowmaker
Reaction score
I agree, Guile was one of the more interesting skills in fable and i would love to see a comback in a future game.

Dentie

Reaction score
This should definitely make a comeback in one of the upcoming fable games

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
Or Lua script it into this game. :p

The story should really be completely stripped out for a more sandbox feel.
It'd make those concepts fit better.

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score
guile in fable 3 wouldnt make much sense. if a king would want to steal money he or she would just raise taxes.

Gheb

I ONCE ATE A WHOLE CACTUS
Reaction score
Kings also don't go out and play patty cake with their subjects - this monarchy aspect is ****ed

Status
Not open for further replies.