• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halo Combat Evolved: Anniversary

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Everyone's such a douchebag.
That's because most of the players want to win or become the No.1 by all costs.
(I should mention that these players are likely under 18, although there are many cases at mid
20's, and it's for both genders)

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah they are so annoying if Halo 3 didnt have mute idk what Id have done.

I guess there will aslo be hidden stuff in the campaign like the terminals.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
I will buy this game.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
If this game wasn't using the exact same engine as Halo did, I might be interested. What they've done is just a massive cop out, and I'm disappointed that it's going to sell a bajillion copies anyway.

If you're going to remake a game, you should actually remake it. Don't just throw some fancy graphics on, and multiplayer from another game.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
^Its actually considered a mega expansion if you will. It will sell for 40$ instead of the usual 60$. This is for the die hard fans of halo more of a novelty. They considered making a new version of the same game but thats dumb I think. If you kept remaking the colloseum better and better youd just have another stadium. They just vamped graphics, reach multiplayer so they wouldnt split community, and added a bunch of hidden stuff like terminals and story about the new chief for halo 4 and why he is different then before. I think if they remade it and called it combat evolved it would just butcher the original legendary game.

I understand what youre saying but they intentionally made it exactly the same this is what the fans have been asking for for along time.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
i have a feeling this wil be a download game you just get off XBLA, and whats up with the multi player is it just maps for halo reach or will it have its own MP all together?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
It uses the Reach engine (and I'm assuming some Reach maps?) but they've recreated a bunch of Halo: CE maps for it.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
^Seven of the best maps, I believe recreated well definatley because its using all the reach stuff like asasinations and such and one new firefight map. I wouldnt doubt if the MP would actually be a seperate download for Reach players bieng just an expansion in all reality.

Yeah this isnt some next gen midnight must buy guys its just a window to the Halcyon days of Halo.

I also have a thread going about Halo 4 head over there for some good news and thats the next game that is all the hype worthy CE anniversary is just a lovechild.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
im still gunna get it
in an interview i saw on GT it will have terminals like in halo 3 but it will have clues on what will be happening in halo 4

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
^Yeah they are putting in some nice goose eggs to make it worthwhile and even if its not amazing its a great way to hold off if you can't wait for the fourth edition.

Im going to get it too especially at that price. I was actually thinking of downloading Halo CE not to long before this was announced.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
^Yeah they are putting in some nice goose eggs to make it worthwhile and even if its not amazing its a great way to hold off if you can't wait for the fourth edition.

Im going to get it too especially at that price. I was actually thinking of downloading Halo CE not to long before this was announced.

Goose eggs? lol :p
any way
i still have my old Halo CE disk

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Oh I was sure there was a different term then easter eggs. lmao I like it.

I wish I had mine lost most of my xbox originals in the move.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
as much as i'm ashamed to admit it, even i had halo: combat evolved LAN parties. that game is pure fun from top to bottom, and i'm not ashamed to admit that i practiced until i could get outside of every map in that game that didn't require rocket launchers, infinite ammo, overshields, and 400% health to do it. the hours spent glitching in that game...i'll never get them all back. the warthog jumping alone.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
as much as i'm ashamed to admit it, even i had halo: combat evolved LAN parties. that game is pure fun from top to bottom, and i'm not ashamed to admit that i practiced until i could get outside of every map in that game that didn't require rocket launchers, infinite ammo, overshields, and 400% health to do it. the hours spent glitching in that game...i'll never get them all back. the warthog jumping alone.

there is no such thing as shame when it comes to awesome memories
most of my halo memories are from halo 2 on my birthday, me and 3 buddies 4 player spit screen on Coagulation. And i sucked hard core at halo back then and i still had fun

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I did so love the lan parties. My best memory was just Co oping with my friend and warthogging it.

Halo 2 also had some boss glitches. Off maps, Scorpion flipping, never ending rockets. My best memory was getting launched onto the crain on that one map with the wraith. And the skulls were so tight when I first found one.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
And the skulls were so tight when I first found one.

i dint even know about the skulls untill H3 and was dissapoint when they where not findable in reach

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Me and my friend would play Halo 2 on legendary and get every skull off every map until we beat the game it was so hard but so much fun.