• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halo Reach unreadable disc error MS working on fix

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Halo Reach unreadable disc error MS working on fix

Microsoft have reassured gamers who bought Halo Reach (thats a lot of people judging by sales figures) that it's working on a number of problems causing discs to become unreadable. A number of people have reported issues that cause their Xbox 360 to not be able to read their Reach disc, leaving them with no access to the game whatsoever.

The latest problem that was reported came yesterday saying that Halo Reach's online features are inaccessible on the new 4GB 360, because the game doesn't recognise the smaller HDD as a HDD at all as Bungie were unaware of the model when developing the game.

Microsoft have issued the following comment...

Microsoft said:
We are aware of the issue and are quickly working to resolve it. All issues will be resolved soon and we appreciate your patience

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Re: Halo Reach unreadable disc error MS working on fix

I hope there's a fix available before I get my Reach LE on the 30th. Would be a shame to get it, finally, and then discover that I can't play it still.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ser Graeme;429710 said:
I hope there's a fix available before I get my Reach LE on the 30th. Would be a shame to get it, finally, and then discover that I can't play it still.

Do you have the 4Gb 360? If not then you wont have this particular issue, ive not had any issues so far.

Dentie

Reaction score

havent got an issue either but I havent got the 4gb 360.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;429712 said:
Do you have the 4Gb 360? If not then you wont have this particular issue, ive not had any issues so far.
I don't have the slim one, but an acquaintance does who'll most likely wants to co-op with me. I have the very first editions of the X360 (being that white, big standard one). :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Gakoyu Ojima;429722 said:
I don't have the slim one, but an acquaintance does who'll most likely wants to co-op with me. I have the very first editions of the X360 (being that white, big standard one). :lol:

Same one as me then. Though mine is now 'pimped' with a Modern Warfare skin and faceplate so it doesnt look quite so ordinary. :lol:

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

That's a real shame - it's amazing a major bug like this could slip through Q&A! I haven't had the problem myself, but hopefully it'll be sorted for everybody else nice and soon.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;429980 said:
That's a real shame - it's amazing a major bug like this could slip through Q&A! I haven't had the problem myself, but hopefully it'll be sorted for everybody else nice and soon.

Im guessing the developers had no idea the new model was coming and couldnt predict Microsoft would release a console with a SMALLER Hard Drive than the ones it currently had.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Microsoft: Oops! Well, we didn't think it'd make a big deal so y'know.. we didn't tell anyone.

Bungie: ASSHOLES!!!

Really though, I agree with Steve with this being such a shame. You'd think Microsoft would have informed Bungie about this ahead of time, especially for a title that is so financially important for the both of them.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Xbox 360 Elite and nothing else.