• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Has this happened to anyone else??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurroundedSita

Reaction score
I have searched high and low to be sure I am not running into a problem someone else had with no luck :/
I'm barely into the game, I finished the library quest in Brightwall but didn't move straight on to the Wolf's Clothing quest. Instead I allowed a friend to enter my realm and we hacked and slashed for 20 minutes and spent another 20 laughing at our weird chat expressions. I then saved my game and we played COD for a while before I returned to my game. Not that playing another game has anything to do with this, at least I don't think so but I digress. Upon loading my game I decided to move on with the story. I yoinked the clothes off Mr.Drunk upstairs in the Pub and was told to purchase the tattoo from the shop. I follow the glowing yellow path only to find a message at the top of my screen tell me that all shops close at night so I have to return in the morning. Um, I'm pretty sure it was day, but just in case I was hallucinating I took my character to my house and slept. I chose to wake up in the morning when shops opened. I trot along the awesome glowing yellow path to the shop to find, wait for it, the EXACT same message. Ok, I'm not hallucinating, I slept until midday, until midnight, I ran all over the place, went to my sanctuary, joined someone else's game, went back to my game, ran in circles for literally an hour and NOTHING! Is it possible I killed the shop owner and they never made it so that shop owners respawn??

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score
No you are f*cked.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
The good news is you're still early in the game. Personally I would just restart.

I don't know what exactly happens to a shop if you kill its owner, but something is clearly wrong if it says it is night during the day, be it a glitch because you killed the owner or any other reason. I wish I could help, sorry.

SurroundedSita

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, that was what I was afraid of....I'm kind of an over achiever and tried to accumulate a massive amount of gold already sooo.....ugh :(

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
I pretty sure they will EVENTUALLY respawn. It just take along time.

Status
Not open for further replies.