• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hello All!

The Rh Factor

Likes shiny objects
Reaction score
Re: Hello All!

GrimWhim;424550 said:
Morrowind is significantly better than Oblivion but everyone who goes from Oblivion to Morrowind says the opposite. Too many graphic junkies out there and not enough gamers who can really appreciate a story.

Bethesda Softworks has never made an MMO as far as I know so I'm not sure why you're getting upset over that.

Oh and GameStop is one word.

(Yes, I'm nitpicking.)

I completely agree that a good story is much more important than graphics, so it sounds like Morrowind will be a good choice for me.

The MMO comment was just a general statement, not about Bethesda specifically. MMOs seem to be very popular lately, but they're just not my thing. Call me anti-social, but I'd much rather play by myself.

:lol: Good call. Poor grammar and spelling drive me crazy. I guess I'm slipping.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

GrimWhim;424550 said:
Morrowind is significantly better than Oblivion but everyone who goes from Oblivion to Morrowind says the opposite. Too many graphic junkies out there and not enough gamers who can really appreciate a story.

so, you're saying that the only reason that a player could possibly like oblivion more than morrowind is if they pop a stiffy whenever they see better graphics? that there is zero chance that a player could ever concievably like oblivion better?

i'll tell you two things.
1) the story in oblivion is just better for me. and the graphics in it aren't superb by todays standards anyway.
2) morrowinds biggest shortcoming is the way you communicate with people. you are forced to read blocks of text (which i did put up with). i don't mind the fact that you have to read, but why is the font so small???
it's like when we get an 11 year old join who thinks he's going to be the next shakespeare, with every post being as long as a book with no punctuation.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

The Rh Factor;424569 said:
I completely agree that a good story is much more important than graphics, so it sounds like Morrowind will be a good choice for me.

The MMO comment was just a general statement, not about Bethesda specifically. MMOs seem to be very popular lately, but they're just not my thing. Call me anti-social, but I'd much rather play by myself.

:lol: Good call. Poor grammar and spelling drive me crazy. I guess I'm slipping.

Okay, you're anti-social. MMOs aren't nearly as popular as you make them out to be. The only one I can tell that has a lot of players is World of Warcraft. There are also some other well known but slightly less popular ones such as City of Heroes/Villains and Guild Wars. I'm not going to include the older MMOs.

cheezMcNASTY;424614 said:
so, you're saying that the only reason that a player could possibly like oblivion more than morrowind is if they pop a stiffy whenever they see better graphics? that there is zero chance that a player could ever concievably like oblivion better?

i'll tell you two things.
1) the story in oblivion is just better for me. and the graphics in it aren't superb by todays standards anyway.
2) morrowinds biggest shortcoming is the way you communicate with people. you are forced to read blocks of text (which i did put up with). i don't mind the fact that you have to read, but why is the font so small???
it's like when we get an 11 year old join who thinks he's going to be the next shakespeare, with every post being as long as a book with no punctuation.

I don't see how they could like Oblivion better. It's very, very lacking.

1. Okay, how is the story better? The game was released about a year after the Xbox 360 was and it definitely has better graphics than what we had in the previous generation of consoles.

2. Are you actually complaining about small text? I never had a problem with it, ever and my eyesight isn't all that great. However, small text should not hinder your gameplay unless it's so unbearably small that you need a microscope just to read it. That was not the case in Morrowind.

That second one seems like you're complaining just for the sake of complaining.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

GrimWhim;424701 said:
1. Okay, how is the story better? The game was released about a year after the Xbox 360 was and it definitely has better graphics than what we had in the previous generation of consoles.
as i mentioned in my previous post, the graphics may be better than morrowind (as it is a sequel) but by gaming standards they are pretty sub par. fallout 3 has better graphics and yet there are plenty of people out there who prefer oblivion over it.

:lol: how is it better?
that's like asking someone to explain the color blue to a blind person. there's no reason beyond personal preference.

GrimWhim;424701 said:
2. Are you actually complaining about small text? I never had a problem with it, ever and my eyesight isn't all that great. However, small text should not hinder your gameplay unless it's so unbearably small that you need a microscope just to read it. That was not the case in Morrowind.

That second one seems like you're complaining just for the sake of complaining.

well, i have 20/20 vision. but one thing i don't have is a good television (until VERY recently). the TV i played morrowind on is the same TV i used to watch the original power rangers on. and we bought it used.

now that i've replayed it on my still-outdated-yet-better TV the text is fine. but for some reason it just isn't as immersive. it doesn't drag me in and scream "WHO DO I GET TO ASSASSINATE NEXT??" "I WONDER WHY THE EMPEROR IS FLEEING FOR HIS LIFE??"
that drive to both assume the role of a character of my creation, and emotionally invest in the storyline, is absent. therefore it is inferior.

satisfied?

GrimWhim

Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;424817 said:
as i mentioned in my previous post, the graphics may be better than morrowind (as it is a sequel) but by gaming standards they are pretty sub par. fallout 3 has better graphics and yet there are plenty of people out there who prefer oblivion over it.

:lol: how is it better?
that's like asking someone to explain the color blue to a blind person. there's no reason beyond personal preference.

I don't see how the graphics are sub-par. They look the same as any other game on the Xbox 360. Blinding sun in my god damn eyes.

Well, I expect a person with an opinion like to be able to provide some proof or some reasoning to back their statement up.

well, i have 20/20 vision. but one thing i don't have is a good television (until VERY recently). the TV i played morrowind on is the same TV i used to watch the original power rangers on. and we bought it used.

now that i've replayed it on my still-outdated-yet-better TV the text is fine. but for some reason it just isn't as immersive. it doesn't drag me in and scream "WHO DO I GET TO ASSASSINATE NEXT??" "I WONDER WHY THE EMPEROR IS FLEEING FOR HIS LIFE??"
that drive to both assume the role of a character of my creation, and emotionally invest in the storyline, is absent. therefore it is inferior.

satisfied?

I guess it's just you because I didn't feel that way. I was actually annoyed by the Emperor and the Blades that followed him around. I was rather disappointed I couldn't just stab them all in the back of the head.

With Morrowind you're fresh off the boat as a prisoner who gets to go through a census office before being tossed out into the world with nothing but the clothes on your pack and anything you managed to steal on your way out.

It was certainly more difficult and entertaining than Oblivion. Now, I'm not saying Oblivion is bad but while it did have its moments, it still pales in comparison to Morrowind.

But, I respect your opinion and I do think we're getting a tad off-topic here.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

Morrowind > Oblivion
Fallout 3 > EVERYTHING.

Anyone who likes Oblivion more than Fallout 3 is a mutant freak who must be burned.

"Hello All!"
you misspelled my name

and hi

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

Morrowind does have a much better story then Oblivion did, thats for sure. The ending of Oblivion totally sucked.

I also love Fallout 3 & Morrowind, I just didn't want to list all my favorite games because i have a HUGE list. ;D
If i list more then 5 i tend to list them all, lol.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Fallout 3 is certainly an amazing game but that doesn't make it better than everything else. I hope to get the GotY edition for the PS3. I haven't had the pleasure of playing the extra content yet but I'd love to. I can't remember which one adds it but it adds some sort of ammunition creation/conversion item and that really helps when you prefer to use magnums like I do (namely the Blackhawk). You know, since the .44 rounds are hard to come across.

m800_runner

If you ain't happy, you ain't livin'
Reaction score

i didnt really find fallout all that interesting...

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

My favorite weapon is A1-N9? i dunno Harkness Plasma rifle, i use it all the time.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

okay, then allow me to rephrase

Fallout 3 and all things related to it make me orgasm

Daemon has assassin's creed, I have Fallout 3

I just don't go around saying I'm the worlds biggest Fallout 3 fan

Except I just did

Right there.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

Ahhh noooooes, I haven't said hello yet!
*Ahem*
Hello and welcome to this particular corner of the world wide web. This 5 star internet site has achieved great goals in maintaining the respect of it's customers, and we hope you enjoy your stay as well. If anything is on your mind, you may ask about any member, and certainly the staff, that takes great care of this place. Also, here, have a ticket to one free dinner in our restaurant. I advice the Weekly Delish.

Oh, urr, wait. I meant to say:
HAELLO DHER PERSEON!!1!one!! I can sense you're an awesome new member, HIRR, HAEV CAEK. Cya on the forums, kbai!

Hope you enjoy my far you late reply...

Cain

Reaction score

GrimWhim;425059 said:
Fallout 3 is certainly an amazing game but that doesn't make it better than everything else. I hope to get the GotY edition for the PS3. I haven't had the pleasure of playing the extra content yet but I'd love to. I can't remember which one adds it but it adds some sort of ammunition creation/conversion item and that really helps when you prefer to use magnums like I do (namely the Blackhawk). You know, since the .44 rounds are hard to come across.

Thats the pitt. And I agree .44 is so hard to come by. I'm using Lincolns Repeater and I've used about almost all of my .44 rounds in half an hour. Fallout's story could've been longer and needed some work on it. Other than that it was pretty good.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

Ya need to do the merchant glitch. I have 1900 .44 rounds or something like that, all my other ammo types are like 2000+

I also Love Lincolns repeater, but it was a pain in the ass for me to get, since i had the GoTY edition it added feral ghoul reavers to the game... ya i used all 64 of my stimpaks on that one guy.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

White Knight;425312 said:
Thats the pitt. And I agree .44 is so hard to come by. I'm using Lincolns Repeater and I've used about almost all of my .44 rounds in half an hour. Fallout's story could've been longer and needed some work on it. Other than that it was pretty good.

Ah, okay. That's the one I need the most then. I thought the story was pretty decent, way better than some cliched evil villain trying to rule the world or some such bull****. But yes, it definitely could have been much longer but you can still get 100+ hours out of it, easily.

Terra_Zeta;425335 said:
Ya need to do the merchant glitch. I have 1900 .44 rounds or something like that, all my other ammo types are like 2000+

I also Love Lincolns repeater, but it was a pain in the ass for me to get, since i had the GoTY edition it added feral ghoul reavers to the game... ya i used all 64 of my stimpaks on that one guy.

What merchant glitch? Whatever it is, I need to know. I'd love to get a bunch of .44 rounds. The only two guns I enjoyed using in that game were the .44 Scoped Magnums (and its more powerful variant, the Blackhawk) as well as Lincoln's Repeater.

Haha, damn, that HAD to suck. I'm actually looking forward to getting the PS3 version of Fallout 3 GotY.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

Well, you have to make sure it's not patched to do the merchant glitch which fixes it. Anyway, what you need to do is first find a place to store ALL your goods except for your caps. you have to have a completely empty inventory except for money to do this. Go to a merchant, the best one is flak in rivet city, look for items he's selling that there's two of, like for instance lets say he is selling two mini-gun's, buy the cheaper of the two,(usually the one thats not fully repaired) the glitch is, is that when you buy the cheaper one it will be fully repaired in your inventory but when you sell it back to them it will go back to its original state. anyway nothing happens the first time so keep buying and selling that same item until its fully repaired, when it is repeat until all the vendor's caps are gone then buy out everything you want from him and repeat the buying and selling of that one item until you get all your caps back.

Afterwards just wait 4 days, in the store if you want tell their inventory resets. On a few occasions it didn't work so i couldn't wait in the store i had to go outside and wait but it's not really a big deal. It can be time consuming but i consider it worth it. :D

Hope this helps.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Screw that. I'll just stick with getting the GotY edition and using that ammunition conversion machine in The Pitt.